Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town - Matchday thread  (Read 71455 times)
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 23:00:00 »

Yes because we are in a great state now. Let's be honest we could get a winding up order next week and no one would be surprised. There is still little transparency at the club. Di Canio would put bums on seats and you never know maybe he would do it for less money and embrace what Power wants.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 06:17:46 »

Can I be the first to say 'well at least now we can concentrate on the league'

Yes, as soon as we've be knocked out of the FA Cup by Chippenham.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 07:00:15 »

you never know maybe he would do it for less money and embrace what Power wants.

Yes, because compromise, humility and a willingness to put ego aside and work well with others really were the hallmarks of his regime.

Look, I enjoyed it at the time as much as the next Town fan, but he worked because the circumstances aligned perfectly for him. It wouldn't again, not least because it's never going to happen.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 07:09:41 »

Any photo's of Swindons Banner last night?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 07:21:55 »

DiCanio under Power?

Bwahahahahahahahaha. That's a good one. Thanks
Skinny Pete

« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 07:33:16 »

If there is to be a change I don't think many fans would now accept Williams as head honcho - he must be equally as tainted as Cooper.

If Power sees a new manager in the same way he does players I can only see a young novice type coming in.

Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me if Power just lets things play out.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 08:36:06 »

If there is to be a change I don't think many fans would now accept Williams as head honcho - he must be equally as tainted as Cooper.

If Power sees a new manager in the same way he does players I can only see a young novice type coming in.

Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me if Power just lets things play out.

Possibly one of the Youth Team players being promoted to manager..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 08:40:21 »

Yes, because compromise, humility and a willingness to put ego aside and work well with others really were the hallmarks of his regime.

Look, I enjoyed it at the time as much as the next Town fan, but he worked because the circumstances aligned perfectly for him. It wouldn't again, not least because it's never going to happen.

I am slightly bewildered by this idea of Paolo (for Nev) Di Canio coming back, it seems to almost be that people would prefer a bankrupt club rather than a poorly performing one.

It was great for him here, suited us as well when we had the money to humour him - but when the shit hit the fan and things got tough, we couldn't afford him and he stormed of in a huff so possibly an acceptable parting of the ways.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 08:41:56 »

Any photo's of Swindons Banner last night?

Be interested to see how our display compared with theirs - which I have seen repeated via social media over the last 12 hours - they are jolly proud of it! Do we know how they paid for theirs?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 08:43:13 »

Possibly one of the Youth Team players being promoted to manager..
Talking of youth team players. How come Randall/Marshall/Smith don't get near even the bench this season?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 08:44:10 »

Ours:

Theres:

There's is much much better. I don't care if it costed more. If you are going to do it, do it right.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 08:45:55 »

Ours:

Theres:

There's is much much better. I don't care if it costed more. If you are going to do it, do it right.

I have already got into a dispute with one of them for pointing out that it was a good job they included the corner with two stands in the image...

However theirs does seem somewhat better sadly....
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 08:47:14 »

Di Canio in would be ridiculous. Might gain us some short term success but with his scatter gun approach to signings and the fact he's a complete loose cannon, it will always end in tears one way or another.

Cooper is on the brink but I'd be surprised if there's anyone better who could work 'under the thumb' has he appears to have to.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 09:01:12 »

They could have at least got the blood on the pitch to spell out STFC  Cool
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 09:22:35 »

a billionaire + di canio, fine. not going to defend his alleged bullying. but those were the best town supporting days for many a year to me. that's why it's been mentioned I guess.

di canio + loose change down back of sofa would be more pointless than our current setup.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: