Poll
Question: Is cooper the man to turn our form around?
Yes - 46 (39.3%)
No - 71 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper- very simple 2 options  (Read 30181 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 17:28:02 »

Power was never going to give Cooper the vote of confidence on a phone-in.

However, what Lee Power didn't do was defend Cooper to the hilt. I know most of us feel this anyway but I'm inclined to think that Power agrees that Mark Cooper is on thin ice.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 17:40:25 »

Seem the remember that Power has never been that effusive about Cooper, even in the good times. Suspect that he's always been on relatively thin ice - hence his contract being run down with no talk of renewal, even during last season.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #107 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 17:45:44 »

Remember he got the boot from Posh cos he was unable to turn round a poor spell of form.

I do feel sorry for the bloke, though.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 17:53:46 »

Let's all make him a cake.

On the top it can say "fuck off Cooper", so he leaves, but on the plus side, he gets a cake.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 18:43:51 »

I still don't see what difference sacking Cooper is going to make. We've got a shit squad that was assembled over a summer that made me long for the days of pre-season cigar smoking under Kingy sprinkled with whoever has become subsequently available and now we're bringing in another ex-midfielder on loan.

Cooper leaving will not change the approach to recruitment that has failed this season after proving moderately successful for a year (or two at a stretch).
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 18:48:42 »

On the top it can say "fuck off Cooper", so he leaves, but on the plus side, he gets a cake.

Girl Giggle
Skinny Pete

« Reply #111 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 19:19:22 »

I still don't see what difference sacking Cooper is going to make. We've got a shit squad that was assembled over a summer that made me long for the days of pre-season cigar smoking under Kingy sprinkled with whoever has become subsequently available and now we're bringing in another ex-midfielder on loan.

Cooper leaving will not change the approach to recruitment that has failed this season after proving moderately successful for a year (or two at a stretch).
Think we've got a decent squad - just so happens most of them are injured. They need direction and a different approach.

Mind you, if Power does the recruiting and Williams the coaching, just how much input does Cooper have?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 19:35:16 »

Think we've got a decent squad - just so happens most of them are injured. They need direction and a different approach.

Mind you, if Power does the recruiting and Williams the coaching, just how much input does Cooper have?
That's exactly the point - why blame Cooper when there are other influences having a severe impact on the team?

The injuries are unfortunate but the squad looks incredibly disjointed.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 20:11:38 »

Ace post.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 22:07:25 »

That's exactly the point - why blame Cooper when there are other influences having a severe impact on the team?

The injuries are unfortunate but the squad looks incredibly disjointed.

You are making out that Cooper has no responsibilities. If something needs to change then unfortunately it is the only realistic scenario. The set up at Swindon if you put lee power as a director of football is no different to many clubs up and down the country and managers still leave. And the change of manager has an effect. (Not always positive) players played for di canio, it's the managers job to instil respect, motivation and get them playing to potential
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 01:39:42 »

Bessone didn't play for di canio. Nor did Clarke for that matter.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 08:52:41 »

You are making out that Cooper has no responsibilities. If something needs to change then unfortunately it is the only realistic scenario. The set up at Swindon if you put lee power as a director of football is no different to many clubs up and down the country and managers still leave. And the change of manager has an effect. (Not always positive) players played for di canio, it's the managers job to instil respect, motivation and get them playing to potential

Decent post, agree with this..
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 08:57:14 »

Never stop posting, please.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #118 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 09:09:44 »

Can everyone stop sucking Ells cock please? Ta.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 09:56:38 »

Can everyone stop sucking Ells cock please? Ta.

Seconded
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: