Poll
Question: Is cooper the man to turn our form around?
Yes - 46 (39.3%)
No - 71 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper- very simple 2 options  (Read 29905 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 10:39:34 »

There's been a lack of real excitement or buzz around the club for a long time now, ever since the back to back defeats over Easter. The playoffs papered over a couple of cracks until it all came tumbling down at Wembley.

The summer and preseason were as dead and uninspiring as any I can remember and everything just feels subdued this season.

I don't care if Cooper stays or not, it won't signal a massive change either way.

Things have been much worse than this and I'm not sure why people have forgotten that so easily.
Completely agree with all of this. The Youth speaks the Truth!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:37:53 »

Not to say I told you so, cos I didn't, and not criticising anyone, but it's worth remembering that three weeks is a long time in football, especially during an injury crisis.

Smiley good work Froggy.

Bunging together a bunch of new players was always going to be difficult, and certainly not helped by the remaining core from last season, being in and out with injury and now suspension and call ups.

We're locked into the model, come what may...ok, may be a bit of tinkering round the edges, but you can't acquire loans on a pretext of playing progressive football, and then start playing the % ages.

Kingy inherited a bunch of ne'er do wells in 00/01, but just about kept us up, by getting a donkey CH who could head the ball Heywood, and an old head midfielder in Ian Woan, to provide some nous.

The Crewe boss Steve Davis said of working with young players...you've got to be prepared to get relegated to allow them a chance to develop, it would be good if those left of our fans who aren't joining the many on here to jump ship could be mindful, that a bit of patience is necessary.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 14:57:14 »

I do wonder about the Crewe comparisons though - is that really our model? People are very polite about them, but it's not like their strategy has delivered a great deal of success has it, and where have all their millions of transfer income gone?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 15:04:35 »

I do wonder about the Crewe comparisons though - is that really our model? People are very polite about them, but it's not like their strategy has delivered a great deal of success has it, and where have all their millions of transfer income gone?

As I've pointed out before Crewe have had 5 seasons in Div 2, since we were last there. It is very expensive to run top notch academies.  Crewe were habitual re-election applicants when they set up the model....so relatively they are successful

Our model is different, there's no way we could compete financially with theirs.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 15:15:45 »

As I've pointed out before Crewe have had 5 seasons in Div 2, since we were last there. It is very expensive to run top notch academies.  Crewe were habitual re-election applicants when they set up the model....so relatively they are successful

Our model is different, there's no way we could compete financially with theirs.

Interesting, but I wonder if a full-blown academy is over-engineered in Crewe's case. Are they consistently developing a steady stream of saleable assets, or might some of that expensive academy money be better spent on the first-team?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 15:23:20 »

Interesting, but I wonder if a full-blown academy is over-engineered in Crewe's case. Are they consistently developing a steady stream of saleable assets, or might some of that expensive academy money be better spent on the first-team?

I'd guess that the Crewe model becomes increasingly difficult as the Prem change the rules to their advantage, with regards to Academies.

They have the high spec infrastructure, but it becomes increasingly expensive to maintain. It may well implode for them, certainly the FA won't give a fuck.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 15:31:47 »

I'd guess that the Crewe model becomes increasingly difficult as the Prem change the rules to their advantage, with regards to Academies.

They have the high spec infrastructure, but it becomes increasingly expensive to maintain. It may well implode for them, certainly the FA won't give a fuck.

Yes and thus screw exactly the sort of lower-league club that's doing what they said they needed...

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 15:34:33 »

Yes and thus screw exactly the sort of lower-league club that's doing what they said they needed...

Here's the state of play with Crewe....

http://www.crewealex.net/team/eppp-statement/
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 16:17:54 »

Here's the state of play with Crewe....

http://www.crewealex.net/team/eppp-statement/

Fair enough. Seem pretty well-run. I hope their fans are more patient than ours.

SuperBosnian

« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 16:46:40 »

I think Cooper deserves until the end of the month to turn it round. He's been very unlucky with injuries, and we all know this isn't the usual Manager-Chairman working relationship. Power's responsible for this mess but you can hardly replace an owner.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 16:56:36 »

I think Cooper deserves until the end of the month to turn it round. He's been very unlucky with injuries, and we all know this isn't the usual Manager-Chairman working relationship. Power's responsible for this mess but you can hardly replace an owner.
There are times when I genuinely think he might aswell appoint himself. It would save a wage & according to popular belief he's basically Cooper in disguise anyway.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 16:58:28 »

There are times when I genuinely think he might aswell appoint himself. It would save a wage & according to popular belief he's basically Cooper in disguise anyway.

Except all his half time team talks would have to be via Skype

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pericles

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 21:28:02 »

Not to say I told you so, cos I didn't, and not criticising anyone, but it's worth remembering that three weeks is a long time in football, especially during an injury crisis.

I have to say Red Frog that post had me in stitches, especially throwing in Nemo's, 'I've just done a sex wee'. Fucking hilarious  
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 00:22:58 »

Denial is not a river in Egypt!

Start recognising that it's shit and needs improving...that is at least a start!

I'm sick of this 'we were the better team' shite!

Clems Army!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 16:26:10 »

I'm sure he knows we need to improve. Publically criticising the players has just never really been his style.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: