Poll
Question: Is cooper the man to turn our form around?
Yes - 46 (39.3%)
No - 71 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper- very simple 2 options  (Read 30204 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:48:46 »

I think there are many who no longer attend out of routine and are looking for a reason for no longer going. A bad start this season is just convenient
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:49:28 »

Players or fans?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:50:49 »

I think there are many who no longer attend out of routine and are looking for a reason for no longer going.

as has always been the case..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:53:47 »

as has always been the case..

...and always will.

Ultimately, it's their choice.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:54:05 »

ok, so under Power and Cooper/Williams we achieve our best position for 15 years, we play some fantastic football and get to Wembley (not without hiccups of course - but our final league position was, still, 4th).

We're now under Power and Cooper/Williams and everything's gone to shit and we're going to get relegated by Christmas.

So where's the disparity? The first scenario was all luck? What has Cooper done differently that makes people think getting rid of him would benefit us?

Just curious of others opinions. I'm not sold on in or out, personally, because the situation is so complex.

Can't really answer your question, but it sometimes just happens and did under Danny Wilson.  We made the play off final after playing some good football and getting some great results on the way.  Had fairly high hopes for the following season,  decent squad, but it all went to shit and we got relegated.  The only difference I would say is that there wasn't so much input from the chairman and the board in team affairs as there is now.

In all honesty though we weren't playing fantastic football from February onwards and stuttered our way to the play offs.  Our dip in form goes back much further than the last couple of months.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:54:21 »

Also for the record our form after the Asia cup was much more sketchy than before, we limped into the playoffs and could have been up automatically.

Difference between this season and last is a squad with less league experience and less quality, and more new players in the first 11. Late transfer activity, signing players who have not done complete preseasons has clearly led to lack of cohesion and must contribute to the injuries. A stubbornness of system and style and not adapting to the new players. Not all of these are Coopers fault as per my previous statement.

My biggest problem this season and its probably just me is the lack of hope i have, there seems no ambition to kick on, no willingness to invest record transfer fees received (in whatever instalments) to have more at our disposal than last season. No willingness to build the new stadium, not for massive numbers of seats but to offer non match day income (the only fucking way this club moves up!!!!!). Like i say its probably just me but i've always felt in the past that it could be us, we could do what so many other clubs from this level hae done but it never feels so far away as it does right now.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:57:48 »

ok, so under Power and Cooper/Williams we achieve our best position for 15 years, we play some fantastic football and get to Wembley (not without hiccups of course - but our final league position was, still, 4th).

We're now under Power and Cooper/Williams and everything's gone to shit and we're going to get relegated by Christmas.

So where's the disparity? The first scenario was all luck? What has Cooper done differently that makes people think getting rid of him would benefit us?

Just curious of others opinions. I'm not sold on in or out, personally, because the situation is so complex.

One disparity seems to be that the balance of the side was better last season - the players fitted the formation and style of play. Also, the players that have gone were better than those that have come in (from what I've seen so far). Before the end of last season opposing managers had worked out ways to stop our style being most effective and this has continued into this season. And, we seem to be much slower attacking, allowing the opposition to get into position to defend and ready to catch us on the break. I can't remember what the injury situation was around this time last season, but it has been pretty desperate this season.

REDBUCK

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:09:34 »

...and always will.

Ultimately, it's their choice.

To be honest I'd rather that than have them sit near me and moan to the whole world for 90 minutes.

Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 22:22:50 »

Can we have another poll. Bring Di Canio back.
Pericles

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 23:04:02 »

Well if I stop going its simply because we are just so boring. In over 20 years of following the town I have never been so bored (and we've had some seriously shit teams in that time) but I still felt motivated to go. Now I just can't be bothered! As someone rightly pointed out, teams found us out last season and are playing the same this season against us. Tonight was just dire. I know we are missing our 'best players' but even then they've been shit to be honest. Kasim doesn't give a shit any more and Ojamma, what the actual fuck? He's terrible, truly terrible. Th boredom of our play just doesn't inspire me enough to go any more. I can go and play poker instead!
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 23:10:03 »

I agree. It's no fun anymore. Yes there has been times as bleak as these in my many years following town, this is low though.
Pericles

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 23:15:00 »

The way I would describe the way we play is when I play against someone really good at Fifa. My tactic is to just pass it around my defence for the entire game to grab a draw. And guess what? People watching that take the piss and say its 'fucking boring'.
REDBUCK

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 23:25:25 »

Oh dear -Good luck with the poker.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 05:40:27 »

Yes, it is pretty shit currently, but why should that stop you going? We've been shit in the recent past, been average, and been outstanding - it is the nature of Div 3/4 football, and for a club of our size. Surely the buzz of going to football outweighs the need for success? Sure, it is unlikely we'll win or even put in an acceptable performance Saturday, but there is a chance that we might.

I can understand fans staying away if they can't afford to go, or have a serious gripe against a dodgy owner, but struggle to understand why they don't go just because we're a bit shit.

To be fair the mrs is having an operation friday
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 07:13:10 »

I'll have your season ticket then.

I need something to burn to keep the house warm.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: