Poll
Question: Is cooper the man to turn our form around?
Yes - 46 (39.3%)
No - 71 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper- very simple 2 options  (Read 30218 times)
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 21:44:12 »

The picture on flic sport tells a story, Williams couldnt be sat any further away from the rest of the coaching staff and manager??
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:46:03 »

Go. Now.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:48:44 »

Go. Now.

This
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:50:59 »

Losing to your local rivals upsets the fans more than the chairman, but if the crowd really start to turn on cooper & the team then this could be the final straw
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 20:55:17 »

It's probably best for all concerned if he goes, it's just come to a natural end.

Hope the crowd don't turn on him, he deserves better than that based on his whole time in charge
REDBUCK

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:07:37 »

Go. Now.

Are you making a placard to take along on saturday
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:11:48 »

No because i aint fucking going. More important things to do than watch the shit thats being curently served up
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:26:18 »

Not sure Cooper is the only problem given the 'model' we operate and fuck knows who behind the scenes influencing players we sign.

However its 3 wins in 14 now this season, those being Bradford (we were shit first half and Byrne saved us second half), Southend (pretty lucky), Crewe (very lucky) and that is really alarming. I had no hope we would be anywhere near last season given transfer business and overall quality in the team but that is a terrible record. I'd say we need 7 points from the next 4 games (3 are at home) but with the injuries we have and lack of defence i can't see how this is going to happen! I think its getting really close to the end for Cooper though.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:29:04 »

It's probably best for all concerned if he goes, it's just come to a natural end.

Hope the crowd don't turn on him, he deserves better than that based on his whole time in charge
Absolutely this. I don't hate the guy, I thank him for what he did at the start of his tenure, it's now time for a change. If anything just to get the crowd and possibly the players back on side.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:34:38 »

So whats Power going to do when  no one wants to buy these players znd crowds drop to below 6k? Come January his plan could be in some serious shit.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:35:17 »

Not sure Cooper is the only problem given the 'model' we operate and fuck knows who behind the scenes influencing players we sign.

However its 3 wins in 14 now this season, those being Bradford (we were shit first half and Byrne saved us second half), Southend (pretty lucky), Crewe (very lucky) and that is really alarming. I had no hope we would be anywhere near last season given transfer business and overall quality in the team but that is a terrible record. I'd say we need 7 points from the next 4 games (3 are at home) but with the injuries we have and lack of defence i can't see how this is going to happen! I think its getting really close to the end for Cooper though.

Can't argue with any of this.   However, I genuinely can see us coming out of the next 4 games with nothing.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:37:00 »

ok, so under Power and Cooper/Williams we achieve our best position for 15 years, we play some fantastic football and get to Wembley (not without hiccups of course - but our final league position was, still, 4th).

We're now under Power and Cooper/Williams and everything's gone to shit and we're going to get relegated by Christmas.

So where's the disparity? The first scenario was all luck? What has Cooper done differently that makes people think getting rid of him would benefit us?

Just curious of others opinions. I'm not sold on in or out, personally, because the situation is so complex.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:39:33 »

No because i aint fucking going. More important things to do than watch the shit thats being curently served up
Yes, it is pretty shit currently, but why should that stop you going? We've been shit in the recent past, been average, and been outstanding - it is the nature of Div 3/4 football, and for a club of our size. Surely the buzz of going to football outweighs the need for success? Sure, it is unlikely we'll win or even put in an acceptable performance Saturday, but there is a chance that we might.

I can understand fans staying away if they can't afford to go, or have a serious gripe against a dodgy owner, but struggle to understand why they don't go just because we're a bit shit.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:46:32 »

I think the whole of 2015 has been shite for us, and that excuse for a game in the play offs was the last game I attended. This is Swindon, the obvious failure is getting tedious now. We all knew we'd lose this tonight.
Are the team getting fired up for games like this?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 21:47:32 »

My OPINION (i.e not fact before anyone gets on their high horse)

Last season and the season before (presumably) Power called in a couple of favours from Sherwood and we got the like of Luongo, Byrne (Mason, Pritchard) and some quite decent loans, a splattering of PDC hangovers, the Tompson stalwarts and a couple of lucky punts with the likes of Kassim and Gladwin towards the latter stages.

This season we've just seemed to leave everything too late, relied on too many cheap punts and have had injuries, and Kasim seems to be in a permanent fucking sulk. But mostly, whoever decided to totally ignore recruiting in the defence/defensive midfield department is in denial (and should be slapped with a wet haddock). Last years team struggled in the end. This years lesser team moreso, its like it has the integrity of an eggshell.

Its impossible to know who does what with the team, it certainly doesn't seem like a normal setup, so its impossible to give you a straight answer beyond the players aren't as good and injuries are telling,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: