Poll
Question: Is cooper the man to turn our form around?
Yes - 46 (39.3%)
No - 71 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper- very simple 2 options  (Read 30224 times)
Amir

« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 12:36:04 »

3 in 11 this season in the league. Keep adding up Smiley
Skinny Pete

« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 12:41:21 »

Yes but that presupposes a manager of experience will agree to join us under our current model, and I'm not sure that they would.
Then we're fucked. Pure and simple.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 13:21:30 »

3 in 11 this season in the league. Keep adding up Smiley

Still shit (both Town's form and my maths)!!

In my defence I have been preparing invoices all morning and maths isnt a strong point - I think I have exhausted by skills for the day!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 13:23:04 »

It will be a head coach role so forget any notion of an experienced manager joining us - and it will probably be someone who has been minimal experience but is rated highly - step forward Luke Williams

I'm not sure that Cooper can turn this around but as mentioned on previous thread I don't wholly blame Cooper
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 13:27:38 »

Experienced managers do not equal success. In fact nearly all of our success in the last 25 years has been largely down to inexperienced managers.

Skinny Pete

« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 13:29:01 »

Didn't mention any other manager - experienced or otherwise.

Just stated that sticking with Cooper = doom
Amir

« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 13:29:45 »

Still shit (both Town's form and my maths)!!

In my defence I have been preparing invoices all morning and maths isnt a strong point - I think I have exhausted by skills for the day!

It wasn't your sum that was wrong Wink
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 13:33:31 »

Didn't mention any other manager - experienced or otherwise.

Just stated that sticking with Cooper = doom

I think that's a little harsh. I'm not necessarily saying Cooper is the man to take us forward but I don't think he'll be the death of us or anything. If we'd had earlier transfer dealings and not so many injury problems you never know where we could be. IF (big if) we can get a settled XI and formation then I think we'll generally be okay and float around midtable. In the mean time, if we continue to stick with our model while clubs like Bury & Burton get heavier investment than we do we will continue to float at this level. For the club to progress we need serious investment off the pitch in our facilities. If we did go up last season we would have come straight back down, I think that much was obvious.

I do have a feeling he will need to turn things around very, very quickly though or else the fans will really get on his back. Losing to Oxford tomorrow feels inevitable and unacceptable in equal measures to me at the moment.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 13:39:56 »

I honestly think he has run his race as far as we are concerned.

He's had a long, long time to sort out our most visible problem - the defence - yet things have lurched from piss poor to laughable.

I'm going to swerve the game against Posh - my first miss this season - not because we are losing but because it is fucking turgid to watch.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 5, 2015, 13:41:57 by Pleasantly Plump Audrey » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 16:44:56 »

The main point for me, as mentioned above, is that after the abortive move to Wednesday - and the clubs apparent happiness for him to go, has undermined him to such an extent that he doesn't want to be here - or at the very least, won't have the same willingness to take us up as he might have done. Not seeing eye to eye with Power, not getting on with Williams - should we expect anything else?
REDBUCK

« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 16:53:15 »

Have I not been paying much attention or is that all supposition on your part.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 18:16:51 »

I did say "apparent" in relation to our happiness for him to go - we let him talk to them, according to Link and FLIC at the time. There was no positive statement made of wanting to keep him.

A Morshead Q&A also alluded to there being differences between Cooper and Williams - and that the relationship was "civil" and that they'd managed to find a way to work together. I don't take that as absolute fact - but why report it if there isn't substance?

As for his mindset - complete supposition, but (would you not agree?) the most likely effect of being told by your employer they were happy for you to leave and having to work with an assistant who, for whatever reason, you don't see eye to eye with, would be that you aren't quite as up for it as you may have been when everyone seemed to be pulling in the same direction.

I may be wrong, but something isn't right. Read Cooper's words on FLIC about the Bangoura signing - do they strike you as the words of a manager that is on the same page as his boss? I read that as "This is Lee's signing. I've had nothing to do with it. I don't even know where he supposed to play, but still, I've been told we've signed him. He looks like a defensive midfielder." A manager without control or authority can't be as motivated as a manager with it, can they?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 19:37:17 »

I did say "apparent" in relation to our happiness for him to go - we let him talk to them, according to Link and FLIC at the time. There was no positive statement made of wanting to keep him.

Has it ever been confirmed whether we let him talk to them because he asked to be allowed to talk to them?

Whatever it doesn't suggest a healthy relationship?
Pericles

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 21:07:13 »

Hi all. Well, it seems to me that there are a few people that don't seem to want to be here at the moment. Kasim is one and Cooper is another. Cooper's interview after the Blackpool game sounded pretty delusional to me and as if he was just making shit up. I thought he was taking the piss to be honest. He just seemed like 'yeah we lost but I'm just gonna make up some shit about the game'. What worries me is he seems demotivated and this spills over to the players who to be frank, look pretty clueless at the moment and seem reluctant to take any responsibility. So they pass side to side and backwards hoping someone else will do something and Cooper is doing nothing to change that. Its the same every week. Its just so damn boring. There is just no drive in any of the players or coaching staff. If Cooper's mind and heart are not in it I don't see how he can turn it around. Yet it seems pointless to change when we all know that any new 'manager' will have to take on board Powers input. Does Power have any coaching badges? I'm sure I read somewhere he did some coaching. Maybe he should just take over!  Eek
Dazzza

« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 21:17:22 »

I don’t see what another manager would necessary add at this stage.  The squad is what it is.  There’s not a huge scope to juggle things around until January and add to that the injuries and options availible what would a different manager be able to offer.  Perhaps a change of style and a bit of luck may turn things around but I can’t see it being anything other than short term and may prove disruptive and have a negative effect.

As Cooper said this weekend.  80% of last seasons squad are gone.  It hasn’t clicked, yet and we are short in few areas.  

Players brought in this season have less pedigree but that doesn’t necessary equate to less ability.  It will just take longer to get them performing consistently.

The past couple of seasons the loan players that have come in have all been rated by their parent clubs and here for the experience or to be released on the cheap with a vested interest via a sell on clause.  We were never going to have those players on tap season after season and I suspect a lot of clubs have looked at what we have done and are starting to recruit on the same basis adding to the competition.  

I got the impression over the summer, this is just an impression mind, that a lot of our 1st and 2nd choice targets just didn’t come off.  That’s why we have a squad of players coming up from non-league and from abroad.  They’re far more of an unknown and risk and what we have ended up with is inconsistency and a lack of experience.

Yes, its likely to be a season of meh and we may well struggle but its worth considering that for all the crap and risks the current model brings that were only a season away from starting the whole process again.  I'd rather roll the dice stick with the gamble that comes with having the wheels fall off every now and again if it means we have a chance at another season like 14/15.   

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: