Poll
Question: Is cooper the man to turn our form around?
Yes - 46 (39.3%)
No - 71 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper- very simple 2 options  (Read 30166 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 07:29:04 »

I'm not sure he can turn it around personally. I think after the disappointment at the end of last season and the turnaround of players it was always gonna be tough this year, and I was expecting a relegation battle. However, the squad we have now should not be fighting relegation and if we do continue slipping then Power has to take a long hard look at himself and maybe at Cooper too. I like Cooper, he's done a great job under ridiculous fan pressure and a small budget... but I think there are managers out there who could probably do better with the current crop of players. I'm not sure many other managers would enjoy our style though, with Powers hefty influence.

It would be incredibly harsh to sack at him but come the new year, if we are languishing around the bottom 4 then maybe it's time for a change. We will not get out of League Two quickly with this model IMO. Mid-table would be acceptable I think, with a push at the top 6 next season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:18:39 »

I read on another forum about a Posh fan who did state that he would be very surprised if Cooper had the nous to turn this around. Peterborough and Coventry at home this month will be a good litmus test. If we lose these games I think its probably going to be curtains.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:03:18 »

I don't think he can turn it around, however I'm not sure bringing in a new manager will change our fortunes either. Think the problem is a bit more deep rooted than that.

I agree with this

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:49:34 »

I'm not sure he can turn it around personally. I think after the disappointment at the end of last season and the turnaround of players it was always gonna be tough this year, and I was expecting a relegation battle. However, the squad we have now should not be fighting relegation and if we do continue slipping then Power has to take a long hard look at himself and maybe at Cooper too. I like Cooper, he's done a great job under ridiculous fan pressure and a small budget... but I think there are managers out there who could probably do better with the current crop of players. I'm not sure many other managers would enjoy our style though, with Powers hefty influence.

It would be incredibly harsh to sack at him but come the new year, if we are languishing around the bottom 4 then maybe it's time for a change. We will not get out of League Two quickly with this model IMO. Mid-table would be acceptable I think, with a push at the top 6 next season.

Totally agree with this.

I don't believe Cooper will turn it around, because I'm honestly not sure he actually wants to be here anymore.  I personally wouldn't want it left to the New Year if results don't improve.

I've accidentally clicked on yes, so have now skewed the poll results slightly.

Is an admin able to change my vote?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 10:13:04 »

Its a kind of sad indictment of modern football that the man who led us to our highest league position in >15 years should find himself so out of favour with the fan base in early september of the following season. Particularly with the amount of upheaval the squads had to go through

My personal opinion, which I've stated before, is that we'll be indifferent-to-poor until november time, at which point our team will click (as teams thrown together at the end of september are sometimes prone to do) and we'll be bonza until the end of the season. Perhaps not good enough for the play offs, but not in any relegation trouble.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 5, 2015, 10:16:11 by Bogus Dave » Logged

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 10:45:48 »

you've lost a month Dave, is it due to anal probing aliens?

agree with your point, not sure it'll click but deserves the chance to try..
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 10:48:15 »

Its a kind of sad indictment of modern football that the man who led us to our highest league position in >15 years should find himself so out of favour with the fan base in early september of the following season. Particularly with the amount of upheaval the squads had to go through

My personal opinion, which I've stated before, is that we'll be indifferent-to-poor until november time, at which point our team will click (as teams thrown together at the end of september are sometimes prone to do) and we'll be bonza until the end of the season. Perhaps not good enough for the play offs, but not in any relegation trouble.

I don't think the fans would have been so quick to turn on him if it hadn't been for the Wendies saga. The illusion of commitment from managers/ players is important to us, and to the sense of unity in a team, even though we know deep down any manager/ player would jump ship at the slightest hint of a better offer.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 11:27:50 »

I don't think the fans would have been so quick to turn on him if it hadn't been for the Wendies saga. The illusion of commitment from managers/ players is important to us, and to the sense of unity in a team, even though we know deep down any manager/ player would jump ship at the slightest hint of a better offer.

Last season we won 7 of our last 20 games and 2 of the last 9. This season feels like a continuation of how we finished which is my problem. Iv said it before but I truly believe we should have got promoted last season and a better manager would have achieved that. Add to the fact that when we last reached a playoff final we got relegated the season after (and orient) its not surprising everyone is feeling it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 11:43:05 »

BruceChatwin & singingiiiffy have equally valid points. The combination of both is contributing to this debate.

I really hope we somehow beat Oxford and Posh, I can only see the crowd going one way if we go behind having lost to Pox and then fall behind v Posh..
Skinny Pete

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 11:48:36 »

Yeah - out the exits!

Surely to God, if Westley can get a response out of the equally useless Posh, then anyone half decent could get us going.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 12:06:37 »

Totally agree with this.

I don't believe Cooper will turn it around, because I'm honestly not sure he actually wants to be here anymore.  I personally wouldn't want it left to the New Year if results don't improve.

I've accidentally clicked on yes, so have now skewed the poll results slightly.

Is an admin able to change my vote?

I'll use my vote to vote no for you. For the record, I am undecided.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 12:07:25 »

Last season we won 7 of our last 20 games and 2 of the last 9. This season feels like a continuation of how we finished which is my problem. Iv said it before but I truly believe we should have got promoted last season and a better manager would have achieved that. Add to the fact that when we last reached a playoff final we got relegated the season after (and orient) its not surprising everyone is feeling it.

So 9 in 29 (I am good at maths me!) its not exactly great is it and rather removes the argument that its all down to a 'new' team. Would a manager who was winning c. 1 in 3 games get much time?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 12:17:26 »

Yeah - out the exits!

Surely to God, if Westley can get a response out of the equally useless Posh, then anyone half decent could get us going.

Yes but that presupposes a manager of experience will agree to join us under our current model, and I'm not sure that they would.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 12:19:34 »

So 9 in 29 (I am good at maths me!) its not exactly great is it and rather removes the argument that its all down to a 'new' team. Would a manager who was winning c. 1 in 3 games get much time?

Sorry to confuse the 2 out of 9 was last season as well. this season we have won 2/11 league games (+ Lost to exeter in League Cup, Won on penalties at Newport)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 12:32:21 »

Sorry to confuse the 2 out of 9 was last season as well. this season we have won 2/11 league games (+ Lost to exeter in League Cup, Won on penalties at Newport)

So 9 in 31?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: