Poll
Question: Is cooper the man to turn our form around?
Yes - 46 (39.3%)
No - 71 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 108

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper- very simple 2 options  (Read 29913 times)
hammondt1

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 10:05:13 »

At the beginning of last season I think even the most glass half full fan would have admitted the team we had in August 2014 was at best an mid table League 1 team. However with the same model and coaches we have this season we overachieved and made it to the play off final whilst developing a lot of players throughout the season.

Things haven't clicked on the pitch, players are under performing and we have as many injuries now than we had in almost the whole of last season.  

We're playing a slow boring brand of football that is DULL and UNIMAGINATIVE and something DOES need to change. Unfortunately for 60% of you, personally i cant see Power sacking Cooper so it will be down to the current coaching team. From reports on Total Swindon and Flic it appears Coopers rolling contract comes to an end at the end of the season. So we may well get a new manager but he will be cheap so most likely inexperienced and made to play the possession game.

My advice if you want something done about the current situation is to focus efforts on contacting every member of The Sunday Times rich list to see if they can buy the club.

I reckon things will pick up once players regain fitness as there is talent in the current squad. I welcome you thoughts.....

Twitter-----@hammondt1
Skinny Pete

« Reply #121 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 10:07:21 »

An 'ell' is an old unit of measurement - taken from the elbow to the tip of the middle finger.

Could be a clue
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 11:49:00 »

My opinion is Williams is as much to blame as Cooper is so if one goes the other should follow
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 18:04:10 »

hammondt1 -

It saddens me that some supporters still think we overachieved last season. I will refer to a post I made in the summer:

Low budget or not, Cooper has had our most talented group of players for years - the leagues best 'keeper, youth international standard loanees, free scoring strikers and most impressively a set of midfielders comfortably worth over £5 million between them.

If he can't deliver a promotion with that lot, however commendable an effort last season was, I do not think the man will ever deliver one.

For that reason, and the fact Power has proven to be more than shrewd in the transfer market, I would not be devastated to lose Cooper. I would of course wish him well and I do not wish to sound like I am down playing what he has done, however I do not think he can take us any further.

Over achieved my arse, we had a superb side for this level and one that arguably should have joined the shitheads in going up automatically.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 18:07:06 »

You do realise quoting your own opinion doesn't make it FACT right? (something only OST can actually determine anyway).
corner

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, October 9, 2015, 19:10:02 »

Glen hoddle, he could do the job and bring the crowds back!  Clap
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #126 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 08:48:09 »

Over achieved my arse, we had a superb side for this level and one that arguably should have joined the shitheads in going up automatically.

We had a superb first 11 but the squad wasn't up to it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: