Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power...  (Read 48515 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #255 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:47:35 »

Ooo er!

'Swindon chairman Lee Power could have received some intriguing advice from the person sitting next to him during Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Millwall, which was followed by the sacking of manager Mark Cooper.

To Power’s left in the directors’ box was former south London gangster Eddie Richardson, who recently claimed the Krays were ‘small-timers’ who weren’t in his league.

Cooper might consider losing his job at League One club Swindon preferable to having his teeth pulled out with pliers, rumoured to be a favoured method of torture by the Richardson mob. Eddie, 79, has served
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:51:47 »

Ooo er!

'Swindon chairman Lee Power could have received some intriguing advice from the person sitting next to him during Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Millwall, which was followed by the sacking of manager Mark Cooper.

To Power’s left in the directors’ box was former south London gangster Eddie Richardson, who recently claimed the Krays were ‘small-timers’ who weren’t in his league.

Cooper might consider losing his job at League One club Swindon preferable to having his teeth pulled out with pliers, rumoured to be a favoured method of torture by the Richardson mob. Eddie, 79, has served

I had heard he was going to be our new manager, could put some bit and motivation into the team.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #257 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:53:25 »

It's what we kneed(caps)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:53:42 »

Where did that come from Audrey?!

Nice chaps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Richardson_Gang

The Richardson Gang was an English crime gang based in South London, England, in the 1960s. Also known as the "Torture Gang", they had a reputation as some of London's most sadistic gangsters.[1] Their alleged specialities included pulling teeth using pliers,[1] cutting off toes using bolt cutters,[2] and nailing victims to the floor using 6-inch nails.[1]

BIB - might be a reason for lack of movement in the team
Skinny Pete

« Reply #259 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:55:59 »

Surprisingly on Sam's twitter page!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3285132/Riddle-Clive-Oliver-s-County-FA-exit-Jose-Mourinho-persists-dodgy-ground.html
normy

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:57:49 »

Being over seventy has the advantage that I have seen many more occasions when we were as shit as we are now or worse, but have somehow come back for some good times.

ust be the oldest
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 12:25:32 »

Being over seventy has the advantage that I have seen many more occasions when we were as shit as we are now or worse, but have somehow come back for some good times.

Let's hope you have long enough left to see it.    Cheesy

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 13:14:21 »

More 'press' courtesy of The Secret Footballer...

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-journalist/28949/journos-friday-thoughts-james-mcclean-dwight-gayle-swindon-town/
normy

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 13:34:11 »

Let's hope you have long enough left to see it.    Cheesy

Good point! 

ust be the oldest
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #264 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 13:36:22 »

Funny how the national press coverage has never been higher during this "press ban."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 13:56:17 »

Funny how the national press coverage has never been higher during this "press ban."
Except that the coverage is all of the press ban, not the actual stuff we might like to know about, as the article itself points out. Not that they'd be covering that anyway, with or without a press ban. The nationals don't give a shit about 3rd and 4th division football
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 22:11:00 »

Panda Paws

« Reply #267 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 11:42:17 »

Anyone got a Sun+ account... http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6709849/Power-trip.html
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 12:05:29 »

Also 'funny' that following the 'press ban' none of the press appear to have taken any opportunity to start looking around for stories to actually reveal what is going on at the club, it would appear that if the story is not handed on a plate they cannot be bothered/don't have the quality (delete as appropriate).

They should have no worries about upsetting the club now, but apart from a few whining articles like a spurned lover its essentially been silent.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 12:06:09 »

I don't have a Sun+ account, however i'm still logged in as I have a Sun dream team so managed to read the whole article:

LEE POWER will not be keeping the Swindon hotseat warm after picking up his first point as boss.

As a tax exile, the Robins owner knows lingering in the country longer than 90 days could get very expensive.

The ex-Norwich striker, 43, oversaw the last-gasp two-goal fightback from the directors’ box, while highly rated coach Luke Williams did touchline duties.

Swindon hope to have a new manager appointed soon from a shortlist of five.

But, whoever the new Town manager is, he had better become best pals with Williams sharpish — because he is untouchable.

Previous boss Mark Cooper, who took Town to the Wembley play-offs in May, paid the price after rumoured clashes with Williams.

Ben Gladwin starts Swindon's comeback
Ben Gladwin starts Swindon's comeback  Howard Roe/AHPIX.com

Asked what would happen to anyone who did not rate the ex-Brighton coach, chairman Power bluntly answered: “He gets sacked.”

And despite living in Switzerland, Power will not be fading into the background when the new gaffer comes in.

The multi-millionaire, who took over in December 2013 after making a fortune publishing football programmes, will carry on choosing players to bring in.

He said: “I have played football all my life. It’s my money buying the players so I am buying them.

“I have put my money where my mouth is, I introduce them to the manager who picks the team, does the substitutions, deals with the media and the lads.

“As a coach, Luke implements how we play. If I wasn’t the chairman I would be called a director of football. Every top club in the world does it.”

Power was happy with his own work after injury-ravaged Town salvaged a point against a lively Coventry side.

Yes, the dreary obsession with passing backwards was still there and there was a dreadful spell in the first half when keeper Lawrence Vigouroux seemed to have more touches than the entire midfield.

Nicky Ajose  slots home Swindon's second
Nicky Ajose slots home Swindon's second  The Digital South Ltd

But the second half was better and the Robins saved the best until last as Ben Gladwin drove into the box to smash home Town’s first with five minutes left.

The midfielder was sold to QPR in the summer but is back on loan after failing to break into the Hoops’ side. Power said: “It’s the best bit of business in the world.

“We sold him for a few million and then get him back on loan. You can see his quality.”

Asked about his management style, Power added: “I can growl with the best of them. I am a South London boy but they don’t need growling at at this moment, they need encouraging.

“At half-time, we asked everyone to pass the ball and go out and be brave. We play high-risk football. Being the owner and chairman can help because when you have someone who owns the club saying don’t be scared, it relaxes the lads.”

Striker Nicky Ajose, whose injury-time penalty salvaged a point, agreed with his boss.

Ajose said: “He was calm and said it’s not going to change overnight but to keep going.”
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: