Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power...  (Read 49050 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:57:41 »

And where have you heard this from?

Just a few fans who are close to one or two people at the club & have done some research on the new owners when they took over. I personally haven't seen any proof. But there is at least some chance it's got legs. Also, I believe the people I've heard it from. And no, I'm not going to say who it is.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:57:49 »

Mr Power turns up, sells the main assets of the business and pockets money from a bumper pay day.

Why are so many of fans so gullible?Huh? 
Flashheart

« Reply #47 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:00:35 »

That irony wasn't lost on me either, KT.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:02:28 »

Delta Incline..at fucking last another realist who is not just a happy clapping brain dead mug happy to watch power the complete piss.

Why are so many of fans so gullible?Huh?  The bloke would sell the pitch if he could.  Yet still fucking idiots defend him and have a go at loyal fans who are worried at his antics.

The players aren't dross? They are pal hence why we are getting beat by league 1 shite like Blackpool. 

Having called everyone who doesn't agree with your poorly-argued rant a "happy-clapping brain-dead mug", I hope you're not going to get upset if you get a bit of abuse back. You seem like one of those people who see the world in very simple black and white tones - with/against you, for/against Power, great/shit team - and I wouldn't be surprised if you were creaming yourself a month ago at the quality we'd brought in.

Now this bit is going to be a bit hard for you to take in, but read it slowly: life is a bit more complicated than that. Here are one or two points you may want to consider, or re-consider since you've ignored them when someone's made them so far:

1 You've not shown you know enough about Power or the club to have convinced us to share your conclusion that he is definitely a crook.

2 Lots of people don't subscribe to your view that the team is "dross", and that the reason we are playing poorly is squarely down to the chairman. Plenty of the players have done well before/elsewhere. Might the coaching be in need of a tweak?

3 This is a forum where people exchange views: we've now heard yours repeatedly, with very little in the way of facts to back it up. Shouting at us won't work. Don't get upset if we don't hail you as the messiah.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:05:24 »

Swings and Roundabouts as I guess we'd have spend less on wages in L2 but like you said also get less in transfer fees. I too, wouldn't say Power would be happy with it but I don't think he'd bust a gut to keep us up or get us back up. If it happens, it happens. He won't like it but I don't think he'd be bothered enough to be devestated.

Ultimately, as his model doesn't put the club in any sort of financial peril - it is the way to go at the moment. However our opinions differ on the potential for it to bring on pitch success. I don't think it will, I don't think we will ever build a team and we will need to rebuild too frequently to progress.

DV is making far too much sense recently

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:11:32 »

Nigel Eady's money is paying for the new training ground.

Power got fucked off by Basset Town when he tried to muscle in on their new development - he wanted their brand new main pitch for training 3-4 times a week, and didn't like it when they said no.

He's decided to pick up an option on the former Wollen Sports Ground instead, but neither he nor the club are paying for it.

Given our recent past, I'm fucking amazed that so many here are quick to defend him with the old "come up with an alternative" line, or "it could be worse, Jed could be in control".

Grow the fuck up and ask the questions that need asking - if you genuinely want to make sure the club is protected from an asset stripper. If you haven't got the bollocks to ask the questions yourself, don't just fucking slate those who have.

Anyone who's genuine will happily open up the books and welcome questions. Those who have something to hide or conceal, will not.

How about a proper fans forum. One that's open to all and with proper questions that aren't known in advance, or rigged by Powers BBC patsy, Sean Hodgets?

Will they? Its a business if he doesn't have to reveal the full financial returns then I suspect he won't - would you provide full details of your business into the public domain if you didn't have to?

I am not sure what you are trying to say with the grow the fuck up comments, yes answers may be needed but ranting on an internet forum behind a 'name' hardly seems the most likely way to get responses unless you are thinking Sangita is going to come come on here and answer. Rather than berating the club for not spoon feeding the press stories, possibly the press should be asking these questions and then publishing that the club won't answer, they sure as hell don't need to pussy foot around avoiding this but they have been strangely quiet since they were no longer fed stories each day - possibly says less about the club and more about the quality of our local media.  Roll Eyes
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:12:24 »

Having called everyone who doesn't agree with your poorly-argued rant a "happy-clapping brain-dead mug", I hope you're not going to get upset if you get a bit of abuse back. You seem like one of those people who see the world in very simple black and white tones - with/against you, for/against Power, great/shit team - and I wouldn't be surprised if you were creaming yourself a month ago at the quality we'd brought in.

Now this bit is going to be a bit hard for you to take in, but read it slowly: life is a bit more complicated than that. Here are one or two points you may want to consider, or re-consider since you've ignored them when someone's made them so far:

1 You've not shown you know enough about Power or the club to have convinced us to share your conclusion that he is definitely a crook.

2 Lots of people don't subscribe to your view that the team is "dross", and that the reason we are playing poorly is squarely down to the chairman. Plenty of the players have done well before/elsewhere. Might the coaching be in need of a tweak?

3 This is a forum where people exchange views: we've now heard yours repeatedly, with very little in the way of facts to back it up. Shouting at us won't work. Don't get upset if we don't hail you as the messiah.

Good post well put..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:12:52 »

Cheesy

You happy-clapping brain-dead mug!  Cheesy
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:17:58 »

Flasheart, quick question for you.  If you were at your place of work and say a new owner turned up, for this example we will call him Mr Power.  Mr Power turns up, Mr Power uses his contacts to obtain certain assets for the club, using his money to pay for them in the first instance... Mr Power sells the main assets of the business and apparently  pockets money from a bumper pay day. He then decides to replace the staff that he bought in in the first place that helped yield these results with new recruits who were not deemed good enough for poorer performing businesses.  Now Mr Flasheart, concentrate for a minute, my question to you: would it ever cross your mind where has all the profit gone???  Or would you think no this is great, the business is performing poorly but this Mr Power, he is looking after the business not his own bank balance.

I have added the sections you conveniently overlooked in bold....

I don't have a business qualification, but if one buys a business, creates value in that business with investment, then sells that additional value - that's not my definition of asset stripping!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:20:05 »

Flasheart, quick question for you.  If you were at your place of work and say a new owner turned up, for this example we will call him Mr Power.  Mr Power turns up, sells the main assets of the business and pockets money from a bumper pay day. He then decides to replace the staff that helped yield these results with new recruits who were not deemed good enough for poorer performing businesses.  Now Mr Flasheart, concentrate for a minute, my question to you: would it ever cross your mind where has all the profit gone???  Or would you think no this is great, the business is performing poorly but this Mr Power, he is looking after the business not his own bank balance.

I'll answer this one....

As a manager, I have gone into some teams that have said to have been performing well. In the teams, there have been some 'superstars'. I was actually quite pleased to let them move on, as it enabled me to bring some fresh blood in that I could mould. Bringing in the new people, who weren't as adept at doing the job as those they replaced, enabled me foster a better teamworking environment. It enabled me to develop those who were in the shadow of the 'superstars'. The team went on to perform better. But, unfortunately, nothing lasts of ever and it was soon time for those people I'd developed to move on.

The bit that I think a lot of you are missing, is something Power said very early on and repeated after the play off loss: The moves that he made when he took over, were short term moves. He brought in quick fix players to make the model work. The players for the latest rebuild were more part of a longer term project. ie Players that needed work and more time to develop.

I think the level of our success last year was a pleasant surprise. The response to this was that both he (and Cooper) said that if we had moved into the Championship, we would have been able to keep most of the players. However, we didn't and they wanted to move on, so we cashed in.

There is an argument that Cooper should have been dismissed for the poor performance in the play offs. There is also an argument that Williams is culpable too. Power is the owner. The man who controls the purse strings. Its a shame he isn't Abramovich, but, I don't think the club is doing too badly at the moment with him at the helm.

I think some on here have got to grow up and be a bit more realistic. There are 22 other teams out there who are all trying to win the league or promotion. It aint always that easy. Mid to lower end League 1 is our level. We'll have some crap seasons when we may get relegated and some good ones where we get near the top of the table. But, history shows a pattern. Power's model is unlikely to change that too much I think. As for the training ground etc, I don't know enough about that to comment.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:24:18 »

Delta Incline..at fucking last another realist who is not just a happy clapping brain dead mug happy to watch power the complete piss.

Why are so many of fans so gullible?Huh?  The bloke would sell the pitch if he could.  Yet still fucking idiots defend him and have a go at loyal fans who are worried at his antics.

The players aren't dross? They are pal hence why we are getting beat by league 1 shite like Blackpool. 

For an asset stripper Power is rather poor, why does he keep investing in players! He spends money on players both with fees and the likes of Thomas a decent wage I imagine! What a mug.

Your also making out that Power walked into a club with fantastic player assets. Is this true? Or was money like the above invested and then sold for a return? Could care less if it's not his money he is buying players with, if it's Sherwood and Barry good on them. Both very high profile people in the football world. I don't doubt for one minute the model as we have little choice without someone willing to invest millions. To be sustainable you have to use loans, invest wisely in players with potential for a return and success obviously helps the above model bring in better players. You have absolutely no evidence to bring to the table, it is right to show caution but not come out will shitty claims and acting like a little girl. If results had gone difference you wouldn't have even created this thread.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:25:18 »

There are 22 other teams out there who are all trying to win the league or promotion.

Can't find much to argue with there, so I'll have to focus on this bit.

So which one isn't trying?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:41:31 »

Is it Crewe?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #58 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:53:04 »

The truth of whether Power is a saint or sinner will only ever be known for sure when he leaves.

Too many people link poor on field performances with dodgy boardroom shenanigans. Sure, Power can be criticized for bringing in players and expecting Cooper to mould them into a team - I'm sure Cooper would prefer to be judged on players he had been responsible for.

We've been shafted by a series of long term injuries and what I think is the root of the problem - Cooper doesn't feel valued and lacks the motivational skills to rally a team bereft of confidence.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 09:54:18 »

Is it Crewe?

The team which, coincidentally OR NOT, is closest to our own model!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: