Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power...  (Read 49046 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 22:15:18 »

I don't agree with the suggestion that power would be happy with being in league 2. Simply because he could sell a successful L1 player for more money than he could sell a successful L2 player.

Asides from that, it's clear that selling players at a profit is his model and i have no problem with that. None at all. I actually quite like it and think it could bring us some success. I think it's probably the best option available without a mega-rich sugar-daddy.

Swings and Roundabouts as I guess we'd have spend less on wages in L2 but like you said also get less in transfer fees. I too, wouldn't say Power would be happy with it but I don't think he'd bust a gut to keep us up or get us back up. If it happens, it happens. He won't like it but I don't think he'd be bothered enough to be devestated.

Ultimately, as his model doesn't put the club in any sort of financial peril - it is the way to go at the moment. However our opinions differ on the potential for it to bring on pitch success. I don't think it will, I don't think we will ever build a team and we will need to rebuild too frequently to progress.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 22:15:36 »

I could make up all sorts of stuff that'd sound plausible......

This. It amuses me because I was technically "ITK" for a while (someone very close to me was employed by the club and knew pretty much everything that was going on) but most of the time he didn't know half as much as random people on the internet did. It's funny that they wouldn't tell an employee, but they would tell half the cabbies in Swindon !

I'm not saying there aren't secrets that creep out, but a pinch of salt is required. As is my way I'll have to bring some psychology in and point out the phenomena of confirmation bias: once you've decided he might be a bit of a dickhead, rumours he's a dickhead become more believable, they mount up, and you ignore the rumours that say he isn't. And that's not even including facts.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
deltaincline

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 23:55:53 »

Nigel Eady's money is paying for the new training ground.

Power got fucked off by Basset Town when he tried to muscle in on their new development - he wanted their brand new main pitch for training 3-4 times a week, and didn't like it when they said no.

He's decided to pick up an option on the former Wollen Sports Ground instead, but neither he nor the club are paying for it.

Given our recent past, I'm fucking amazed that so many here are quick to defend him with the old "come up with an alternative" line, or "it could be worse, Jed could be in control".

Grow the fuck up and ask the questions that need asking - if you genuinely want to make sure the club is protected from an asset stripper. If you haven't got the bollocks to ask the questions yourself, don't just fucking slate those who have.

Anyone who's genuine will happily open up the books and welcome questions. Those who have something to hide or conceal, will not.

How about a proper fans forum. One that's open to all and with proper questions that aren't known in advance, or rigged by Powers BBC patsy, Sean Hodgets?

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 01:29:28 »

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 07:11:01 »

At long last i have started to read others agreeing with me "sell players for millions and replace with freebies".  Power has literally sold every player worth watching and replaced with utter dross.

The players are not dross. If you'd said at the end of last season we'd have a front-line of Thomas, Ajose and Obika to choose from, managed to keep Kasim, Louis Thompson and Turnbull (who most of us thought would be playing for championship clubs), signed Robert, Traore and Ojaama on permanent deals, and added in Stewart, Williams and Vigouroux from Liverpool, I'd have said we had the basis of a very good side.

Remember Bournemouth a few years back? Languishing at the bottom of the table under Paul Groves, with a squad that should have been very good on paper. Looked utter dross to a man when they came to the CG that season. Ended up finishing in the autos after getting in a decent manager. Southampton had a similar turnaround under Nigel Adkins, and Norwich under Paul Lambert, after the previous manager had contrived to lose 7-1 to Colchester with what turned out to be a championship winning squad.

Sometimes good players look like dross when playing the wrong system/ lacking confidence/ being poorly trained/ managed. I posted a link to a German article not long ago, about how the English obsess too much over players when things are going wrong. You could put Vincent Kompany into our back-line right now and we'd still leak goals in defence.

Do you think Burton and Walsall, at the top of the table, really have the best players in the division? Or are they simply better-organised, better-motivated, and playing with more confidence than everyone else at the moment?

If, however, it really is Power who's insisting we stick to the passing game, having focused all our resources on attackers, then I agree he IS culpable for our poor form and performances. For the passing game to work you need to be able to flood midfield, where our talent was concentrated last season. Now it's concentrated in attack.

You can't play two midfielders, as we did at Blackpool after Robert's injury, and four attackers, and still try to dominate possession. Until someone realises that, and sets us up as a counter-attacking side, which is what the playing squad is best suited to, then we probably are fucked for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:06:47 by BruceChatwin » Logged
GL5 Red

« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:08:42 »

Delta Incline..at fucking last another realist who is not just a happy clapping brain dead mug happy to watch power the complete piss.

Why are so many of fans so gullible?Huh?  The bloke would sell the pitch if he could.  Yet still fucking idiots defend him and have a go at loyal fans who are worried at his antics.

The players aren't dross? They are pal hence why we are getting beat by league 1 shite like Blackpool. 

Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:13:12 »

Before anybody goes calling other people gullible or idiots or whatever, then I suggest those making these claims present some fucking evidence. Are we just to take somebodies word for it? Of course fucking not! So back up what you are saying with something tangible.
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:14:33 »

PANIC everybody. PANIC. Because somebody has some bad feelz.
GL5 Red

« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:26:25 »

Flasheart, quick question for you.  If you were at your place of work and say a new owner turned up, for this example we will call him Mr Power.  Mr Power turns up, sells the main assets of the business and pockets money from a bumper pay day. He then decides to replace the staff that helped yield these results with new recruits who were not deemed good enough for poorer performing businesses.  Now Mr Flasheart, concentrate for a minute, my question to you: would it ever cross your mind where has all the profit gone???  Or would you think no this is great, the business is performing poorly but this Mr Power, he is looking after the business not his own bank balance.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:30:09 »

Mr Power turns up, sells the main assets of the business and pockets money from a bumper pay day.

Given previous experience of bad chairmen and 'general managers' I think it's always best to err on the side of caution, but I think you're reading between lines that don't even exist.
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:39:13 »

Now Mr Flasheart, concentrate for a minute, my question to you: would it ever cross your mind where has all the profit gone??? 

This has been done ad nauseum, it has been discussed and explained over and over. You are just the same as others that have made claims without backing them up.

If you want people to take your ramblings more seriously then back them up with something. It's particularly foolish to go calling other people stupid when you can't even defend your own position with something meaningful.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:45:27 »

Just about how LP isn't actually worth near £3m. So when he's claimed to have put £3m into the club, there has been mention that he's got that money from somewhere. While TS & GB have shown a lot of interest in the club since Lee took over, so IMO it has some plausibility.

And where have you heard this from?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:46:56 »

I could make up all sorts of stuff that'd sound plausible......

Indeed there are certain posters getting away with posts on here at the moment! that Chang would get crucified for!
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:46:58 »

This shit needs gifs:

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 08:54:19 »

Sonic youth, I can assure you I do not want our team to get relegated. You don't know me personally so try and avoid making assumptions. I will be there Tuesday desperate to beat Oxford as I will Saturday with Peterborough.  I cannot help it if and any others are massively concerned.

But based on my earlier post you have assumed that I am 'a clever prick' and I am not aware that you know me so assumptions seem to work both ways - although coincidentally you are right I am clever prick!

Incidentally the majority of these players we have sold for massive profits which Power has pocketed whilst laughing uncontrollably and stroking a big white cat were only here because of the contacts that Power has so it seems something o a vicious circle to be honest.

It may stink but it sure as hell doesn't reek as much as when Mikey D was at the helm or Jed was roaring his way through the system, Power may be a lot of things but I have to admit I don't wake most mornings and log on expecting Administration or worse to have happened over night?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: