Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power...  (Read 48708 times)
GL5 Red

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 17:44:29 »

Great post Batch, respect that.  I guess I am massively frustrated right now. The league is so poor and we are struggling. I too have been a supporter and duly accept the rough with the smooth, seen more than enough shit in my time.  Just alarming at the moment, lads who are fervent followers of Swindon Town have had enough and have recently stopped going.
If more ale the same action we really could be in the shit.  I don't expect miracles and to the smart prick saying about having millions to invest, obviously I don't but at the same time I am very sceptical about Power and think we are going one way. Love to be wrong but can see us in league 2 next year.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 17:51:39 »

Love to be wrong but can see us in league 2 next year.
Considering the fact you created this thread to gleefully rejoice in the fact people agree with you, I get the impression you're one of those minority of fans who enjoy having something to moan about. Relegation will provide you the chance to say "I told you so" to the rest of us who have the presence of mind to recall events following Black's departure and Jed's arrival and how truly fucked we were compared to this current blip.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 18:00:18 »

If more ale the same action

Is this some sort of anti-drinking proverb? It's quite wise.

It's all very well moaning about the regime but what's your alternative?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
GL5 Red

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 18:26:45 »

Sonic youth, I can assure you I do not want our team to get relegated. You don't know me personally so try and avoid making assumptions. I will be there Tuesday desperate to beat Oxford as I will Saturday with Peterborough.  I cannot help it if and any others are massively concerned.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 18:50:29 »

We had our highest position for years last year. The money made from player sales will give us our own training ground and keep things ticking over financially. The replacement players have been a bit disappointing but still too early to say on that, we've only just made it into October. Perhaps show a little patience while the team sorts itself out?
Thought the money for the development centre/training ground was coming from the Farmer  out Wantage way,that left the club some money.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 19:49:51 »

Nope. LP stated that on a phone in. Does no one listen to them?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 20:29:28 »

Firstly, I am skeptical about Power because I've heard some of the stuff about how the money he's* put in has actually been loaned to him from Sherwood & Barry, hence their interest in the club.

But 'it's darkest before the dawn' and all that crap:

1. Club in debt with a huge wage bill bleeding money
2. Club clears debt from money invested by Power (apparently)
3. Club becomes break even via a restructuring of the monthly outgoings v cashflow
4. Club sells good players for profit. Power takes money back that 'he' originally invested
5. Club invests any remaining funds structuring behind the scenes with a training ground [ WE ARE HERE NOW ]
6. Club still attracts good players due to newfound status in the FL as a developing club
7. Club sells good players for profit.
8. Club reinvests this money into players/ground/behind-the-scenes/anything
9. Repeat 6-8.

This isn't a bad plan. it's just we're in the stage where we're not seeing any immediate return which is worrying some. We massively overachieved last season so our expectations are higher, but I don't believe Power would let us get relegated as this could hinder attracting good players and good PL loan players from his mates.

We will be back up there. Just give this system time. Look at Swansea. That's the model we're following.

* And no, not he as in Miles Storey.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Skinny Pete

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 20:41:12 »

Club continues to employ lame duck manager
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 20:54:06 »

Firstly, I am skeptical about Power because I've heard some of the stuff about how the money he's* put in has actually been loaned to him from Sherwood & Barry, hence their interest in the club.

But 'it's darkest before the dawn' and all that crap:

1. Club in debt with a huge wage bill bleeding money
2. Club clears debt from money invested by Power (apparently)
3. Club becomes break even via a restructuring of the monthly outgoings v cashflow
4. Club sells good players for profit. Power takes money back that 'he' originally invested
5. Club invests any remaining funds structuring behind the scenes with a training ground [ WE ARE HERE NOW ]
6. Club still attracts good players due to newfound status in the FL as a developing club
7. Club sells good players for profit.
8. Club reinvests this money into players/ground/behind-the-scenes/anything
9. Repeat 6-8.

This isn't a bad plan. it's just we're in the stage where we're not seeing any immediate return which is worrying some. We massively overachieved last season so our expectations are higher, but I don't believe Power would let us get relegated as this could hinder attracting good players and good PL loan players from his mates.

We will be back up there. Just give this system time. Look at Swansea. That's the model we're following.

* And no, not he as in Miles Storey.
Decent post that Jay. Out of interest what have you heard about LP being loaned the money by TS & GB?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 21:02:11 »

Decent post that Jay. Out of interest what have you heard about LP being loaned the money by TS & GB?

Just about how LP isn't actually worth near £3m. So when he's claimed to have put £3m into the club, there has been mention that he's got that money from somewhere. While TS & GB have shown a lot of interest in the club since Lee took over, so IMO it has some plausibility.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 21:27:07 »

I could make up all sorts of stuff that'd sound plausible......
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 21:39:50 »

At long last i have started to read others agreeing with me "sell players for millions and replace with freebies".  Power has literally sold every player worth watching and replaced with utter dross.  Cooper is rightly being criticised but its about time Power got the same.  Branco is our captain...he is average at best, we are so poor it is depressing and yet you hear Power talking about the need for bigger home attendances, is this man deluded?  He talks about having the lowest wage bill in league 1, thats great, certainly not the lowest season ticket price at £430.  We are heading one way, just wondering how much more Power will make before he calls it a day.
If we are not careful we will be league 2 with home attendances around the 4,000 mark.

Powers model is to turn a profit on players and to stop running the club at a loss. He is doing that - results don't really factor into it. I'm making an assumption and reading between the lines but right now Powers priority is balance sheets rather than league tables.

I could make up all sorts of stuff that'd sound plausible......

Its what other people do on here. No one really knows anything about anything with regards to the inner running of this club.
Flashheart

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 21:42:15 »

Its what other people do on here. No one really knows anything about anything with regards to the inner running of this club.

Yes
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 21:43:18 »

Just about how LP isn't actually worth near £3m. So when he's claimed to have put £3m into the club, there has been mention that he's got that money from somewhere. While TS & GB have shown a lot of interest in the club since Lee took over, so IMO it has some plausibility.
My memory might be fading but I thought I read somewhere that the money was loaned by his wife's company.....I don't think Power has ever claimed to be worth that much has he?
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 21:55:22 »

I don't agree with the suggestion that power would be happy with being in league 2. Simply because he could sell a successful L1 player for more money than he could sell a successful L2 player.

Asides from that, it's clear that selling players at a profit is his model and i have no problem with that. None at all. I actually quite like it and think it could bring us some success. I think it's probably the best option available without a mega-rich sugar-daddy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: