Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power...  (Read 49039 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 19:34:59 »

Yes, if it works great.

It may limit us getting the best man for the job of staying up though. If it doesn't, great.
Flashheart

« Reply #211 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 19:37:54 »

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 19:40:38 »

No, not really.

You are saying you don't care how the setup works if we get the right person
I am saying we may not get the right person because of the way the setup works.
Flashheart

« Reply #213 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 19:42:10 »

I'm getting back to tanking. That's 'Tanking', with a 'T'.
Talk Talk

« Reply #214 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 19:45:05 »

It was a 'strong rumour' that Standing chose the team for the PO final (and interferes a lot generally). That went a bit quite once it was discovered that Standing is Cooper's agent.

Wow, somebody got something right for once.

He's been out of the picture for quite a while now though. Funny how he was involved a lot for most of last season and we did well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 19:46:14 »

These things could be true but until we have something of substance, why treat them as though they are true?
Completely agree.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #216 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 19:50:09 »

Completely agree.
This point of view was used when Jed took over. Plenty of us on here could smell the bullshit without any direct proof at the time.

Surely after being shafted more than once in the past, it's hardly surprising people are a bit dubious.
Flashheart

« Reply #217 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 19:58:12 »

This point of view was used when Jed took over. Plenty of us on here could smell the bullshit without any direct proof at the time.

Surely after being shafted more than once in the past, it's hardly surprising people are a bit dubious.

You're thinking in black and white. Not acting as though something is true is not the same as acting as though it is not true.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #218 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 20:00:07 »

So it's best not to question until after the shit's hit the fan?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 20:03:04 »

We could be 5 time consecutive Prem, FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup winners and you'd still be skeptical.

I wish we'd never signed Charlie Austin
Skinny Pete

« Reply #220 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 20:10:01 »

But we're not.

Giving any owner of any club carte blanche until after it's become apparent you've been shafted makes no sense.

There are no checks possible as to what the financial state is and will only been known in retrospect.

All I'm saying is it may pay to be vigilant, although I agree, there is fuck all we can do about it anyway.
Flashheart

« Reply #221 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 20:10:24 »

Did I say that? No I didn't!

I have never criticised people for asking questions to find out if something is true. I have criticised people for acting as though something is true without first finding out whether or not it is actually true.

Can you see the difference?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 20:11:21 »

No, that's not what he said at all. I think you're right to be a bit suspicious given both our past history and Power's. But that doesn't mean you just assume he's up to no good/the club's about to go under etc. You can maintain an open mind and a watching brief at the same time.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 20:13:46 »

But we're not.

Giving any owner of any club carte blanche until after it's become apparent you've been shafted makes no sense.

There are no checks possible as to what the financial state is and will only been known in retrospect.

All I'm saying is it may pay to be vigilant, although I agree, there is fuck all we can do about it anyway.

We're not Northampton either.

If your default setting is to be cautious and critical then where's your joy?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #224 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 20:15:40 »

Did I say that? No I didn't!

I have never criticised people for asking questions to find out if something is true. I have criticised people for acting as though something is true without first finding out whether or not it is actually true.

Can you see the difference?
But the point is that there is no mechanism to find out what is true and what is spin until after the event - when it's too late.

I realise it has always been thus. It is just my nature to be suspicious.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: