Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blackpool Fc v Swindon Town Fc matchday thread  (Read 26343 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 21:03:04 »

Ultimately Powers model is all about the off field side of things. Getting in young players on loan, signing a few Prem reject and non league players to try and turn a profit is not dictated by which division we are in.

So, it's plausibly that Power will not throw anything extra into a relegation dog fight and if we do go down - he won't bust a gut trying to get us back. He will just carry on with his model which isn't reslly determind by on pitch success.

I could well be wrong and it's a lot of second guessing on my part.

I know what you're saying, but Power has continually spoken about needing bigger attendances.  That's not going to happen with the rubbish that's being served up at the moment or if we drop into League 2.

One of the biggest worries for me this year is just how fucking boring we are to watch. Even when we were total shite a few years back there were bits of excitement in the games, just not getting that this year. The drive home felt quicker than the 90 minute game,

I've felt the same at the last two home games.  Never clock watched so much, which is rubbish.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 21:06:01 by joteddyred » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 21:30:52 »

Sell players for millions, replace with freebies.

Genius
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 22:31:25 »

Bigger attendances?  The atmosphere has gone from football. Also the gulf is so vast between the top flight and the rest of the leagues it makes you wonder what 95% of clubs are now striving to achieve. Go back 20+ years and it was all so different.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 22:54:49 »

I know what you're saying, but Power has continually spoken about needing bigger attendances.  That's not going to happen with the rubbish that's being served up at the moment or if we drop into League 2.

We'd get better attendances pushing for promotion from L2 than we would drifting about in L1. Boosting attendances isn't rocket science - people will turn up if you're winning games.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 03:39:16 »

Christ some people have way too much time on their hands?!
Sex education?
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 08:55:50 »

Sell players for millions, replace with freebies.

Genius
Powers accountant and bank manager thinks so i'm sure.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 08:57:29 »

The notion that Power would consider dropping down to league 2 for better attendances is laughable, we need a change otherwise it's Swindon and Leyton Orient all over again. The buzz has been missing for ages and I don't think power is that far away from pulling the trigger
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 09:17:26 »

I have to admit I backed Tøwn for relegation this season, only a small bet but my logic was if things start to go wrong youngsters and loanees are not what you need to get out of the shite. Very worried about this season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 11:00:34 »

The notion that Power would consider dropping down to league 2 for better attendances is laughable, we need a change otherwise it's Swindon and Leyton Orient all over again. The buzz has been missing for ages and I don't think power is that far away from pulling the trigger

Do you mean putting the club up for sale?

I think the argument is that you can get in loans and park players just as easily in Div 4 as Div 3. Our wage bill wouldn't look out of place in top end Div 4, so could be trimmed accordingly.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 14:41:19 »

Do you mean putting the club up for sale?

I think the argument is that you can get in loans and park players just as easily in Div 4 as Div 3. Our wage bill wouldn't look out of place in top end Div 4, so could be trimmed accordingly.

Was referring to getting rid of cooper. I agree that we could still use the current model in div 2 but you would get no where near the money that we have been receiving for players of late. I don't think power has done anything wrong over the summer, got some very good money and seemingly good replacements. This season could still turn out very good. Something has to change to make it happen though and I think and hope it's cooper out
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 16:36:35 »

can't see sacking Cooper would make any sense. He is by no means a bad manager, admittedly we are very poor at the moment, but given the huge turnaround in playing staff, it's not that much of a shock.

I come from a land down-under
SuperBosnian

« Reply #206 on: Sunday, October 4, 2015, 17:25:51 »

Attributing all of our problems - and it's clear we have them now - to Mark Cooper is too simplistic.  It's not the manager who's the problem; it's the relationship/interaction between the manager and the owner.  The model isn't working.  Moving Cooper on only makes sense if there is someone who could move in seamlessly and work with the model.  If there is no obvious candidate, we'd be better off soldiering on for now.
This.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 13:09:06 »

This.

As mentioned previously there is a lot that is dictated by Power

players brought in seems Cooper has little say and has to integrate them into the squad somehow, they are mostly chosen by Power & Standing

the style of play is dictated - Power seems to think that clubs send us their loan players due to this, but the players we have would be better going a bit more direct

Cooper has fell out with his 'No 2' so they barely have any type of relationship but he is not able to replace him as he is not able to pick his own staff

Cooper is theoretically a head coach so any replacement would be in that mould, and that may well be Luke Williams but I'd wonder how much of this falls at his door as well, he seems well respected by certain players but is that enough.

I do think if Cooper cannot turn this poor form around in the next few games then big questions need to be asked but also Power cannot resolve himself of blame although I'm sure he does not see any of this as his fault.  Although a poor loss to Oxford tomorrow could escalate fan's' opinions.

ultimately performances haven't been good enough since we capitulated in the play-offs.

I'd like to see what Cooper can do with the shackles of but sadly that is not going to happen anytime soon.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 19:53:36 »

I was there on Saturday along with the 700 odd fans who made the 200 mile trip.

In the first 20-30 minutes Blackpool were clearly there for the taking- however we allowed them to grow in confidence more and more post the goal and it could easily have been 3-0 at full time. This would not have flattered them. Our players did not look interested the majority of the match which is unforgivable- if we are going to get beat at least put up a fight!

Our team looks totally disjointed at the moment- and looks like 11 individuals. Why play Obika on the wing? was obvious it wasn't working yet again Cooper did nothing to change things. It is becoming all too familiar-play players to their strengths it is not rocket science.

The football has just become boring and predictable- go sideways, backwards and back to the keeper. Our big issue is we need a true leader as captain- whilst I love the bones of Nathan think he is a couple of years away from this in real terms. The fact we have Branco as captain shows how chaotic things have become.

Now onto injuries. The pitches have not even begun to cut up yet however the players are dropping like flies- suggest a fitness issue which is down to the coaching staff.

I said pre Doncaster that Cooper should get a minimum of 4 points from Donny and Blackpool away and Posh at home which makes Saturday a must win game. If we lose tomorrow night and again on Saturday I think Power will act- he does not seem happy at all with how things are going and rightly so 
DRS

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 10:40:05 »

Remarkable that the likes of Barry and Brophy are starting league matches.

Lose Tuesday and Cooper will surely be shitting it, I just hope that if he goes then Williams is not his replacement.
What's more remarkable is they were our best players saturday. Kasim can get fucked
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: