Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blackpool Fc v Swindon Town Fc matchday thread  (Read 26738 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 17:30:27 »

I'd love to be in the relaxed 'it's only October' camp but this feels worrying.

I mentioned the Todd/King season earlier....interestingly we have the same record of w3 d3 l5 after 11 games as then.  That season T*dd walked, and Kingy just about kept us up with the Invincibile goal and Rovers imploding.

Kingy did it by getting pragmatic.....Matty Heywood Ian Woan sort of stuff. Of course no 2 seasons are the same, but it does provide an insight into how difficult it will be to get to 52.
deltaincline

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 17:38:14 »

Repeating myself, but there are no Winners or Alpha's in our side.

Centreback spot needs another Aiden Flint.

Midfield needs a terrier that will win the ball and bark loudly at the fucking pussy's we've got prancing around in there.

Injuries aside, sort the central defence and sling a winner into the middle, I think we've got an easy upper/mid-table finish in us.

Cooper seems like he's struggling to motivate, but I think that's mainly down to him wanting away in the summer, fucking it up and having to come back with egg on his face while trying to build something credible while the crown jewels got flogged.

The fans and players all know that he's only Powers bitch as well, which doesn't help.

Powers pathetic PR campaign has done him, Cooper and the club no favours either. The local press will tear them a new one as soon the smell of blood begins to rise - anytime soon - with no fear of any comebacks or consequences, which was all pretty fucking predictable to anyone with half a brain cell.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 17:39:13 »

Cooper's not going to turn this around is he?

The first step on the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem. From his post-match comments today, it sounds like he still can't see anything wrong.

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 17:45:29 »

it feels Wilson worrying. only this time we have no financial clout to bounce back..

long way to go yet..

We have the same number of points as the same date in 2010/11.  However, we are a place lower and only 1 point of the relegation places as opposed to 2 points in 2010/11.  A far more experienced squad couldn't turn it around then. 
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 17:46:05 »

it feels Wilson worrying. only this time we have no financial clout to bounce back..

long way to go yet..
It really does feel a bit like that season.
deltaincline

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 17:46:48 »

The first step on the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem. From his post-match comments today, it sounds like he still can't see anything wrong.

He's just doing the Alex Fergusson routine, trying to keep the pressure off the players.

Problem is, everyone knows how that bullshit works, so he's fooling no one.

He's in deep shit with a potential nightmare game ahead of him on Tuesday.

Lose heavily, and he's going to know all about it.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 18:09:24 »

Very frustrating to watch today, build up play was better than Barnsley (only other game I've seen), quicker and more direct at times but we just didn't have anyone to unpick the lock in the last third. Particularly after they went 1-0 up, they just defended their 18yd line and we had no idea how to break them down. We got ourselves into a few shooting positions but seemed to be shot shy in the extreme today. Silly mistakes prevailed again, we just make it too easy for the opposition. Comical moment in the 2nd half, ball broke loose in the blackpool half, two of our midfielders could have picked up, you first, no you first...their player gets hold of it, breaks and they hit the post. We're not getting the simple stuff right, thought we looked lightweight in midfield in particular, just means our forwards end up feeding off scraps rather than clear cut chances (certtainly didn't create any of those today). Millwall for me next but we really need to find a win from somewhere before then, hard to see where it's going to come from.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 18:11:28 »

He's just doing the Alex Fergusson routine, trying to keep the pressure off the players.

Problem is, everyone knows how that bullshit works, so he's fooling no one.

He's in deep shit with a potential nightmare game ahead of him on Tuesday.

Lose heavily, and he's going to know all about it.

This! If we get dicked, it will be uglier than Jutty.

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 18:12:42 »

Attributing all of our problems - and it's clear we have them now - to Mark Cooper is too simplistic.  It's not the manager who's the problem; it's the relationship/interaction between the manager and the owner.  The model isn't working.  Moving Cooper on only makes sense if there is someone who could move in seamlessly and work with the model.  If there is no obvious candidate, we'd be better off soldiering on for now.

The comparison with Danny Wilson in 2010/11 does bother me, though.  I remember arguing against moving him on early in that season because he talked a good game and I trusted him to turn it around.  Of course, he never did.  Cut him too much slack on that occasion which many, me included, regretted in the end.  That said, I do believe that MC deserves more time.  Early October is too early for me.  Let's see where we are in a month from now.  The picture will be clear enough by then.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 18:14:26 »

We have been lucky over the last few years with the players that we have unearthed. Doing that every year was always going to be difficult. This crock of shite are nothing but a load of punts taken by powers hoping to make a few bob. Sadly I don't think we are going to have too much to sell. Power might have to cash that swanky new car he bought
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 18:25:54 »

If that fat cunt Evans gets the gig I'm not going!
now now calm down.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 18:26:02 »

We have been lucky over the last few years with the players that we have unearthed. Doing that every year was always going to be difficult. This crock of shite are nothing but a load of punts taken by powers hoping to make a few bob. Sadly I don't think we are going to have too much to sell. Power might have to cash that swanky new car he bought

What a bastard, having enough money to buy a nice new car and actually buying one.

He should tie a skateboard to the back of a bus until he's personally bankrolled us into the Premiership.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
lincolnred

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 18:33:22 »

Fair play to the Swindon Fan who was 'warming up' in front of the town fans today. Sign him up, sign him up...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 18:34:28 »

I do wonder whether Cooper knows where the bodies are buried, he seems thoroughly uninterested in sorting things out which suggests he doesn't fear the boot.

Always thought it seemed odd that he seemed happy to go to Wendies in the summer and was then welcomed back with open arms?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 18:35:16 »

For the Oxford game, we'll barely be able to field a squad without a number of youth team players....rather like v Newport.

Think we just have to accept that in the present circumstances we're probably for the first time ever v Oxford massive underdogs.
Play kids, manager says its to concentrate on league, get tanked and nothing changes!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: