Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN vs COLCHESTER UTD - matchday thread  (Read 27724 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 19:12:03 »

If Cooper has any sense it will be the strongest possible team we put out for the scummers, failure to pick up points on the road this week followed by a defeat to them and Westley's Peterborough on the 10th could be interesting...
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 19:20:24 »

I think Cooper should go if we fail to win 1 of the next 2 games or at least get 2 points.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 19:35:44 »

I think Cooper should have a minimum target of 4 points from the next 3 games:

Donny A
Blackpool A
Posh H

Anything less then think he will be gone
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 19:54:54 »

Do you really think he is under pressure and that the expectation is playoffs?

I don't.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #184 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 20:04:47 »

There's a difference in not making the POs and serving up the shite we've seen lately.

Personally, I think he's had his chance and is now giving the impression of not knowing what to do to get out of the rut.

Weird selections, weirder substitutions and a general air of malaise pervading the entire club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 20:29:19 »

a general air of malaise pervading the entire club.

Late transfer window activity aside, that's been true of the whole club from the moment the final whistle went at Wembley. I firmly place the general drifting at Powers door.

The speculation on Cooper's future over the summer hasn't helped cement a feeling of unity either.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 21:39:42 »

I don't think the fans have actually helped much these last few games. You can see it is getting to some of the players. I saw turnbull reacting to the crowd in the last game. I understand things are not great but getting on at the manager or the players is not going to help them. They are young and will be more affected by the atmosphere. In these circumstances i think it is better to say nothing at all. I certainly didnt think the booing helped. Some of the people around me were moaning like hell and the were doing my head in more than the game. Most of these people are the ones that never join in with the singing or create that atomsphere when things are going well, but they certainly can moan

This game was certainly disappointing and I dont seem to see where we are going to turn things around. After the strikers we signed I thought we are nailed on for a good run of wins. I dont think our strikers are the problem they are just not getting the service. When we play 90% of our game at the back they are going to get very few chances and that is the problem.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 08:50:57 »

Part of the reason I stopped going last season was that the part of the DRS I sit in was so full of moaners we would be 2 or 3 goals to the good and keeping the ball well and they'd be grumbling and talking about how it wasn't good enough.

Our fans are fickle as fuck sometimes and I dread to think what the atmosphere waa like at the last game. My worst experience of atmosphere at the CG was Yeovil last season when they set up to defend and played out the game, got lucky and won 1-0. Miserable old farts around me and me dad were slaggin off the manager, players (even the ones who were playing well). Fucking hateful.

It's no wonder the young lads have been playing shit if that's the atmosphere being created.
Panda Paws

« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 08:53:09 »

Do you really think he is under pressure and that the expectation is playoffs?

I don't.

I think Mr Power may disagree with you. Why would he come out and state our aim it 'to be competitive again' when internally he's saying fifth from bottom is ok? Achieves nothing.

I'm a fan of Cooper, but fear his spell is coming to a natural end - petering out if you will. If he did have a chance to get himself a contract elsewhere in the summer, he should have took it. It was the right time for everyone.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 09:32:16 »

Part of the reason I stopped going last season was that the part of the DRS I sit in was so full of moaners we would be 2 or 3 goals to the good and keeping the ball well and they'd be grumbling and talking about how it wasn't good enough.

Our fans are fickle as fuck sometimes and I dread to think what the atmosphere waa like at the last game. My worst experience of atmosphere at the CG was Yeovil last season when they set up to defend and played out the game, got lucky and won 1-0. Miserable old farts around me and me dad were slaggin off the manager, players (even the ones who were playing well). Fucking hateful.

It's no wonder the young lads have been playing shit if that's the atmosphere being created.

Totally agree.  I don't go and watch other teams so for all I know this kind of fan attitude could happen at 90% of other grounds and we aren't alone.

However I suspect that isn't the case and a sizeable percentage of our fanbase are genuinely grade A cunts.

It doesn't just happen when we are going through a blip.  There was a game under PDC against the Shrews I think, we hadn't lost in yonks, hadn't conceded at home in 5/6 games and we had the nerve to be 0-0 at half time.....we got booed off
leftside

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 12:52:54 »

Come back to the CG. Stand next to me in the Town End and we can create our very own 'no moan zone' and chant "You're just a bunch of moaners" while pointing to the rest of the ground. The odd one or two may join us and before the end of the season, the NMZ could be as big as a whole row.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 14:34:26 »

Totally agree.  I don't go and watch other teams so for all I know this kind of fan attitude could happen at 90% of other grounds and we aren't alone.

However I suspect that isn't the case and a sizeable percentage of our fanbase are genuinely grade A cunts.

It doesn't just happen when we are going through a blip.  There was a game under PDC against the Shrews I think, we hadn't lost in yonks, hadn't conceded at home in 5/6 games and we had the nerve to be 0-0 at half time.....we got booed off

Same everywhere and has always been the case....I wouldn't have had Saturday down as particularly bad. Certainly if any player found it so they're probably in the wrong job.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: