Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN vs COLCHESTER UTD - matchday thread  (Read 27714 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #165 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 10:45:28 »

There was an incident in the 2nd half where a Colchester attacker was given so much space as he entered the penalty area as we backed off instead of pressing him.

We seem so slow in even attempting to close down attackers - so much so I wonder if our 'defenders' are told to stand off them and let them get a cross in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 11:28:32 »

1. What the bloody hell is Traore trying to do for their first goal
2. Still think Ty should have done better for both goals, but then so should the rest of the team
3. He made a good save at the end though
4. I'm sure the keeper touch Ojaama's effort over. To be honest, Oj has done well to find the only space the keeper can get to a hand on the ball
5. If cooper needs to see the unsuitability of Ojaama at wing back, he only needs to look at the second goal
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 12:55:31 »

A few things of note:

Power picks the style of play  - short passing
Power decides what players we sign - he appears to have signed a boat load of players with no regards as to what formation we can play to accommodate them
Power has worked on relationships with premier clubs to sign loan players and seems to have agreed they will play most or all games when available
Luke Williams has been highlighted by quite a few players as a good coach able to improve players
Cooper & Williams have no personal relationship other than professional in training
Cooper is out of contract end of the season and there has been no talk of it being extended

DRS

« Reply #168 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 13:15:20 »

A few things of note:

Power picks the style of play  - short passing
Power decides what players we sign - he appears to have signed a boat load of players with no regards as to what formation we can play to accommodate them
Power has worked on relationships with premier clubs to sign loan players and seems to have agreed they will play most or all games when available
Luke Williams has been highlighted by quite a few players as a good coach able to improve players
Cooper & Williams have no personal relationship other than professional in training
Cooper is out of contract end of the season and there has been no talk of it being extended

Disagree slightly there. Yes Power picks style of play and players etc but Cooper has shown enough times that he will pick formations make subs during the game.

Power can't be blamed for Cooper thinking playing Ojama & Robert as wing backs will work
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 13:34:03 »

I didn't suggest that Power picks the team just pointing out he has a hand in it, I've never been one of Cooper greatest fans but to give Cooper some credit he does seemingly have one hand tied behind his back at times.

I would be interested though to see how Cooper would do at another club given free reign.

Agree about Wing back's that formation for me was desperation hoping to attack Colchester's leaky defence and out score them - but it back fired
adje

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 13:51:47 »

We're going to lose to "them" aren't we?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 13:55:26 »

We're going to lose to "them" aren't we?

Without a shadow of doubt unless we can recall 'him' from loan.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 14:11:57 »

I sense it's gone from

to full on today.

Realising we're on the cusp of a relegtion battle, may sharpen the focus of a few minds.....let's hope so.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #173 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 14:43:19 »

Seems to be a perfect storm brewing.

Disciplinary, injuries, out of form players, manager clueless and crowds dwindling by the week.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 14:55:04 »

Disciplinary, injuries, out of form players, manager clueless and crowds dwindling by the week.

This.
lambourn red

« Reply #175 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 15:17:20 »

I fear you could be correct getting knocked out of the paint pot by the scum will only increase the pressure lets just hope we can turn it around before then.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 15:27:22 »

I sense it's gone from

to full on today.

Realising we're on the cusp of a relegtion battle, may sharpen the focus of a few minds.....let's hope so.

I don't think we are at full on panic yet, however it just all appears a little rudderless a the moment which doesn't bode well when a situation needs seriously sorting out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 15:29:25 »

I fear you could be correct getting knocked out of the paint pot by the scum will only increase the pressure lets just hope we can turn it around before then.

The JPT, is neither here nor there.  Given our smallish squad, number of injuries etc then Cooper is entitled to regard it as an inconvenience in the bigger picture of doing enough to get to 52 this season.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 17:43:30 »

The JPT, is neither here nor there.  Given our smallish squad, number of injuries etc then Cooper is entitled to regard it as an inconvenience in the bigger picture of doing enough to get to 52 this season.

Copper may well regard it as an inconvenience but to the fan base it has a meaning, a huge one for most.
Our recent record against the yellow trash is abysmal and a win is long overdue, inconvenience or not.
We can go put in the next round 
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 18:45:05 »

Copper may well regard it as an inconvenience but to the fan base it has a meaning, a huge one for most.
Our recent record against the yellow trash is abysmal and a win is long overdue, inconvenience or not.
We can go put in the next round 

I have never thought that Copper has any feelings towards the fanbase ever.... Those will be no different.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: