Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Did David Cameron Fuck A Pig.  (Read 18544 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 08:16:10 »

No, it is, you're right. But after the initial snigger, it's just another mildly surprising episode from posh boy's closeted past. It all contributed to him becoming the entitled, out-of-touch, old school Tory throwback that he is, which is the bigger problem for the country.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 08:22:02 »

I'm sure DMR has done worse. #lad #banter

Roll Eyes

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 08:34:57 »

The highlight seems to be the tangle many are getting themselves in regarding the source, on certain other forums many who have slagged others off for reading the Mail for years are now speaking of it as a legitimate paper and saying that it must be believed.

I am not going to believe a word until I read the pigs story serialised in Farmers Weekly.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 08:42:08 »

The pigfucking aspect is (understandably) taking attention away from the serious political allegation that Cameron lied about when he knew about Ashcroft's tax dodging. Although I'm sure he'd rather that's where the attention was focused even if it is the more serious allegation.

One aspect he comes out quite well in is that this whole thing came out because Ashcroft thought he'd bought a seat in Cabinet and Cameron thought otherwise. Which is actually quite refreshing.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 08:44:06 »

The highlight seems to be the tangle many are getting themselves in regarding the source, on certain other forums many who have slagged others off for reading the Mail for years are now speaking of it as a legitimate paper and saying that it must be believed.
Well, the source isn't the Mail, it's Ashcroft's book. The credibility of the source really depends on whether you believe the publishers of his book would risk their entire business without some pretty substantial evidence to back it up.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 08:49:33 »

The pigfucking aspect is (understandably) taking attention away from the serious political allegation that Cameron lied about when he knew about Ashcroft's tax dodging. Although I'm sure he'd rather that's where the attention was focused even if it is the more serious allegation.

One aspect he comes out quite well in is that this whole thing came out because Ashcroft thought he'd bought a seat in Cabinet and Cameron thought otherwise. Which is actually quite refreshing.

Exactly, people seem to be saying that everything should be believed because Ashcroft is a bright and intelligent man - however he is just coming across as a big kid throwing his toys out because he didn't get his own way and throwing loads of shit around hoping some will stick - whilst actually incriminating himself quite heavily in parts.

If you read the whole pig thing it seems to be 'someone who I cannot name, told me this story which may not have even been Cameron doing it' if it was normal journalism in the Mail (and it meets their normal exacting standards) everyone would be saying it was bollocks!.

Incidentally why have the BBC thought it necessary to pixelate certain elements of the Mail front page this morning, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-34320934 I assumed it was due to the pig story but that features heavily in the other front pages featured with nothing pixelated?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 09:01:27 »

If you read the whole pig thing it seems to be 'someone who I cannot name, told me this story which may not have even been Cameron doing it' if it was normal journalism in the Mail (and it meets their normal exacting standards) everyone would be saying it was bollocks!.
Because book publishers are generally a lot more careful than the Mail. If they can't back this up, they're risking their business and possibly jail (as this may well meet the standard for criminal libel). If it was just an interview in the Mail with Spurned Cabinet seat buyer Ashcroft, I'd agree with you, but the publishers will have had this run past some fairly high powered lawyers.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 09:28:33 »

At what point did the Daily Mash start reporting real news?

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/labour-flummoxed-over-what-to-about-this-pig-thing-20150922102161
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 10:15:28 »

Been doing a little reading about Ashcroft (he is one of those people who seems to have been on the periphery of the news for years but I knew nothing about), seems a lovely chap - also http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/belize-pm-warns-cameron-about-role-for-ashcroft-1830754.html suggests why the pig botherer didn't give him the job he craved - have a read on Wiki the fingers he has in pies (not sure if pork?) internationally is genuinely scary!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 11:56:31 »

Cheesy

* 12032022_10153516117881154_5031107470437204678_n.jpg (34.48 KB, 810x270 - viewed 299 times.)
Barry Scott

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 17:49:59 »

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 19:34:17 »

http://soundcloud.com/theiainduncansmiths/pigs-mouth-strikes-again-feat-david-cameron
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 20:34:31 »

Because book publishers are generally a lot more careful than the Mail. If they can't back this up, they're risking their business and possibly jail (as this may well meet the standard for criminal libel). If it was just an interview in the Mail with Spurned Cabinet seat buyer Ashcroft, I'd agree with you, but the publishers will have had this run past some fairly high powered lawyers.
Depends who owns the publisher and how much cash they have? Publisher is Biteback Publishing... Oh hang on?

http://www.lordashcroft.com/business/political-holdings-limited/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 20:37:27 »

Depends who owns the publisher and how much cash they have? Publisher is Biteback Publishing... Oh hang on?

http://www.lordashcroft.com/business/political-holdings-limited/
Fair dos. I withdraw any suggestion of credibility then! (I still think he did do it though, the whole thing rings true as an "initiation rite" for the posh dining clubs)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 20:42:09 »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: