Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Player Ratings  (Read 3212 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 17:48:28 »

Heaton 8 Couldn't do an awful lot about the first goal, made 2 good saves including one from the penalty, and one excellent save after their strike had fooled both Ifil and Collins with a clever turn.  Some dodgy kicking, ala Rhys!

Gurney 7 Nice to see him back - appeared to be glad to be back.  Some nice touches, kept his gob shut.  Crap freekick and bit of a schoolboy tackle to concede the penalty.  Welcome back ledge  Cheesy

Smith 8 Solid, looked vastly improved from other performances I've witnessed.  Good shot/goal for our second goal - was it Fallon or Smith to notch it up?

Collins 7 Mixed bag.  Had some excellent touches, particularly when at centre back but seemed to slice a lot and wasn't overly convincing

Ifil 6 Not very impressed with the beast today, although he was alright.  Possibly at fault for the penalty, and was easily beaten by a couple of clever turns from Yeovil's forwards

Shakes 6 Little end product, struggled to beat the left back, did not look as sharp as he does when he's come off the bench

Heath 6 Fairly anonymous apart from a great finish.  Not convinced he's a better winger than Shakes or Nicholau

Pook 7 Improving game by game, had a good effort on goal after initial strike was blocked, although his positioning was a bit wayward I thought

Whalley 7 Some good passes, but I don't think he's up to speed yet

Cureton 7 Worked hard, wish he'd hurry up and score so I can wear my shirt the right way round!   Cheesy

Fallon 1 Useless fucking donkey, did nothing, tried to claim Jack Smith's goal, hugged a Yeovil player at the end displaying a blatant allegiance to the other side.  Fucking cunt, bring back Sabin.

It was great to see Miglioranzi back in action, who seemed to relish being on the pitch.  He was very unlucky to be booked, with the ref being conned slightly by the Yeovil player.

Overall we played okay today.  I would really have expected a win, although after conceding after 18 seconds I would have taken a point.  Once Cureton bags a goal and some confidence, and Pook matures we will have a strong side.  My only concern is if O'Hanlon's injury is serious.  Gurney needs to come here for keeps - make him captain, penalty, free-kick taker.  Facking love him.  How about the we substitute the old "Mooney, Mooney, Mooney" chants for "Gurney"?   Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 17:55:28 »

I guess the Fallon thing is a piss take......Rory has to do the work of two up there.  Cureton is more or less useless...aside from the occasional decent  touch.

Roberts up front has to be better, and maybe Cureton could have some impact off the bench when opponents are tired.

We were terrible today, and got a result somehow....supposed to be a good sign.

Still it was a relegation six pointer.....
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 18:10:05 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Collins 7 Mixed bag.  Had some excellent touches, particularly when at centre back but seemed to slice a lot and wasn't overly convincing

Don't agree! Thought he was poor. Caught out of position all too often at right back, allowed their No11 to overlap all too easily. Very unconvinced with his performance at CB, poor in the air for someone quite tall and looked scared in the box.

Shakes 6 Little end product, struggled to beat the left back, did not look as sharp as he does when he's come off the bench

Thought he did a little better than a 6...

It was great to see Miglioranzi back in action, who seemed to relish being on the pitch.  He was very unlucky to be booked, with the ref being conned slightly by the Yeovil player.

Agreed, great to see him back, however the booking was fully justified! A cynical yank on his arm!

Yeovil Thought they were better than the scoreline suggested, pressured us for long periods. More clinical finishing needed.

Sodje Didn't see what resulted in his red card.. was it justified?

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 18:14:36 »

Reg - yes Fallon's rating was a pisstake.  He can't do no wrong in my eyes at the moment.  He didn't even go down when Sodje slapped him across the face.  I didn't see the slap but I'm pretty sure it was an easy red for the ref to give, especially after just warning teatowel head.

Our performance wasn't great today, but it's a results business, and this result will boost confidence which hopefully can be carried forward.  I was perhaps a little harsh on Shakes but that's because I was expecting so much better, particularly after his substitute performance vs. Forest.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 19:21:02 »

I thought that Heath did ok,played a part in one goal and scored another. Worth a 7 i think. Apart from that agree with everything.

I'd give the team as a whole a 8 and the result a 9. :advercool: One taken off for conceding two goals.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 19:49:14 »

Heaton 8 Exactly what Walrus said, two great saves

Collins 6 Poor at the start but looked more composed as he was moved into the centre

O'Hanlon Didn't do much before getting injured

Ifil 7 Overall a good game but still one or two errors slipping in, especially the pass before the penalty

Smith 7 Much improved performance. Composed and calm, and made/scored the goal brilliantly with Cureton's help

Shakes 6 Lively and always there as an outlet but wasted a few oppertunities, most of which were created by himself however

Whalley 7 Always looked calm on the ball and chased lost causes, even if not fully fit as yet. Very promising performance

Pook 7
Didn't notice him too much but what I did see was a calm, intelligent player who knew what to do with the ball

Heath 6.5
Didn't stand out an aweful lot but when he got the chance to impress he made no mistake

Cureton 6
Worked hard and ran around, and often helped others out of trouble despite not getting into too many attcking positions

Fallon 8
Worked tirelessly for 90mins and fully deserved a goal whether it was his or not. You could tell how hard he was trying when he was too tired to put the ball into the net when one-on-one. Although he should really have scored!!!

Gurney 7 Surprised me by getting forward and putting good balls into the box quite often, donkey for penalty
Miglioranzi 7Purely for his obvious desire to be playing again and to get back in the team
Roberts 6 Made runs when he came on and teased everybody by taking soooooooo long with his goal
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 19:54:14 »

Id like to give the Yeovil fan who said "shit the bed" at the top of his voice in a West Country accent a 10 Soapy Tit Wank

/
W56196272
normy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 20:20:33 »

Fallon 9.  Without him as a target man we are a poor to average side in my view. It does not bear thinking about if he were to get injured, ill, suspended, or lose form. Relegation would threaten.

Let us not get carried away, it would be Barnsley, Oldham, Wycombe type performances without the chest downs, flick ons, holdups, goals, hard work nuisance value which he provides.  A revelation this season.

All the others 6, except Heaton 8, and Gurney 7, who played very well similar to a few years ago and surprised me with his touch and as good passing as any. The penalty was Ifil's fault.

ust be the oldest
adje

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 20:40:20 »

Heaton 9-the save at 3-2 won us the game as much as any goal
Collins 6-definitely more comfortable at centre-half
Ifil 6-when he's good he's very good but when he's bad etc
OHanlon 6-bit feeble on the first goal but some important tackles after that
Smith 6-asleep on the first goal during the build-up but improved as the game went on
Shakes7-Better I thought than some have given him credit for-always looks dangerous
Whalley 7-Best game so far methinks,not sure about fitness though
Pook6-solid not spectacular but improving all the time
Heath 6-great goal but again,not really a left winger
Cureton 6-great touches,probably his best game so far but finishing lacks any sort of conviction,another good chance spurned today but clever set up for Smith/Fallon's goal
Fallon 8-Its a bit worrying when our best defender and best attacker is the same player
Gurney 6-not shit
Roberts 6-weird how he's always better when he comes on than he is when he starts
Migz 6-linked up well with Whalley-seeds maybe of a fruitful midfield combo
Thorpe 0

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 20:44:31 »

Heaton - 9 - Thoght he was ace, could do little about the goals, some cracking and important saves, the one just before half time, the penalty, the one at 3-2. I havent felt that confident with a keeper since a young Shay Given was here, take him to the 06 World Cup

Gurney - 7 - Solid enough, some good touches, linked up well with Shakes delivery was a little bit off and was sold short by Ifil for the penalty but still didnt need to dive in

Collins - 7 - Though he did his job well, thought he did alright

Ifil - 6 - Crap pass for the penalty other than that and his usual dodgy tackle he was alright but King still blamed him for both goals or something

O'Hanlon - n/a - Hope injury isnt serious, was at fault for the first goal but I bet didnt doesnt rip into him ala Ifil

Smith - 7 - Solid at the back, some good defending

Shakes - 6 - No end product, good hard working

Whalley - 8 - I thought he controled the game, and spread the ball well. It seems when Whalley plays well we play well

Pook - 7 - Another hard working performance, certainly an upgrade on Hewlett, hope he doesnt wear himself out

Heath - 6 - Cracking finish, did very little else, clearly not a left winger

Cureton - 7.5 - Unlike Reg I thought he was good today, worked hard and certainly put alot of effort in. Just missing that one goal, think when he gets one he'll get them regulary

Fallon - 8 - Fantastic as always, gets some credit for the first....none for the 2nd though! lots of effort lots of running and getting the crowd going....hope he can keep up this level of performance....even at one point skinned about three players!! twice!

Lovely to see Migz back on the pitch.....Roberts looked much more interested and took his goal well.

Was really impressed with the keeper.....ENGLAND NUMBER 1, ENGLAND ENGLAND NUMBER 1

Guy on the roof 10
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 21:34:38 »

How can you give Thorpe a 0 he didn't fucking play.

We were alright today, battled hard. Yeovil are crap though.
Nils

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 21:51:09 »

Heaton - 8 - Few great saves and one from the penalty especially important as Yeovil would have been well back in the game.

Collins - 7.5 - Looked ok at best at right back. Looked good and solid at centre back tho. He was composed and had some good touches.

Seano - 6 - Won his headers up until his injury.

Jerel - 5 - Pretty average today didn't make any horrific mistakes though. Although he would have to shoulder most of the blame for the penalty.

Smith - 8 - I like him. Strong in the tackle, good on the ball, wins his headers.

Heath - 6 - What can I say, he was better than Tuesday. Good finish.

Whalley - 7 - Best I have seen him play in a town shirt. Passes went to the man and I think he will be a good addition. Some people seem to forget that he missed most of pre-season.

Pook - 7 - Is he really only 19? Looks like he could have been playing first team football for years.

Shakes - 6 - Good runs but no end product really.

Fallon - 9 - MOM - Seemed to have a hard time today but he overcame it and did brilliantly. Won everything in the air. What more could you ask?

Cureton - 5 - Hasn't impressed me at all yet. Crap first touch to give it away. Few good passes though to release players.

SUBS

Gurney - 8 - I for one am glad top see him back in a town shirt. Good touches, good crosses. Didn't complain at the ref too much. Was his challenge that brought the penalty but was fundementaly Jerel's fault.

Roberts - 6 - Didn't get really involved. Excellent pin point cross that Fallon should really have tucked away.

Migz - 6 - Looked unfit and was harshly booked but I am not too worried cos I know what he can do. Will have to fight for his place though with the way Pook has been playing.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 22:05:14 »

I don't like commenting on the performance/players too much because I don't get to watch the game as closely as I'd like, but I'd pretty much agree with Walrus.

Heaton 8 Absolutely superb, great shot stopper, decent distribution (poor kicking aside) and as much as I like Evans, he's going to have a hard time getting back into the team ahead of Heaton.
Gurney 7 Surprised me a great deal, looked much more like the player he once was, showed willingness to run forwards, used the ball wisely and defended superbly, an absolute rock - welcome back to him.
Ifil 7 Once again let done by some poor passing and as per usual, a "schoolboy error".
Collins 6 I thought he looked more assured today at centre-back than he ever has at right-back, I'd probably still not play him there ahead of O'Hanlon when fit though.
Smith 6 Probably our worst player today but still a steady performance, took the shot well and it's a shame he didn't burst the net with it. Still learning the trade.
Shakes 7 Not as impressive as he was against Wycombe but showed some great skill and I think he can offer us a lot given an extended run on the right-wing, and I don't mean building a runway alongside the Arkells for him.
Pook 7 Consistently improving, becoming more comfortable on the ball and he's a Swindon lad to boot - read his interview in the programme, it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Whalley 7 Yet another improved performance today, made some sublime passes but isn't going to win any tackles.
Heath 6 Absolutely anonymous except for his goal, which he took very very well. I still think he'd be better off up front.
Cureton 6 Lacking confidence, puts some effort in but not enough. I still think he'll come good but has been poor so far this season, time for some benchwarming.
Fallon 8 I love him.

Miglioranzi Much as everyone else has said, it's great to see him in a Town shirt again. Looked as if he really wanted it.
Roberts Kingy said it best on the radio, for once he got something right.
"Christian came on and got a goal. I wanted him to be running round before that, but the one time he did open his legs and show some pace was for the goal. If we were married we would have been divorced and remarried 35 times by now, that's the relationship I have with Christian!'"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 22:39:15 »

Quote from: "Tails"

I was being ironic

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 22:45:07 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "Tails"

I was being ironic

I think your rating of Thorpe as a 0 is way over the top....his half time kick about was lacklustre at best....I'd go for -2.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: