Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Burton matchday thread  (Read 21513 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 08:59:05 »

A view from the Burton OS

MATCH PREVIEW vs Swindon

They play a totally different style and they are a good team It will be a challenge for us."
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

The Brewers go in to the weekend’s fixture away at Swindon Town off the back of a home victory against Rochdale. A goal scored by Shane Cansdell-Sherriff pleased Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink after demanding a reaction from the loss against Coventry.

Hasselbaink has stated that he wants his players to build on the performance and get all 3 points at Swindon.

Previous Meetings
Swindon Town and Burton Albion have only met twice before, both times in the league during the 2011/12 season.

BURTON ALBION 2-0 SWINDON TOWN 2011
The first meeting between the two sides ended in a 2-0 victory to the Brewers at the Pirelli Stadium. 3,320 fans turned out at the home of Burton Albion to watch Billy Kee and Jacques Maghoma earn the Albion a 2-0 victory. NONE of the 18 man squad that day are still with Burton Albion.

SWINDON TOWN 2-0 BURTON ALBION 2012
The reverse fixture in the same season had the same score line, expect it the home side that took the win. A goal from Ronan Murray followed by Paul Benson’s strike was enough to earn Swindon the victory at the County Ground. NONE of the 18 man squad that day are still with Burton Albion.

Team News
Darius Charles and Zeli Ismail will definitely miss the fixture through injury as Charles recovers from a broken leg whilst Ismail is suffering with a knee injury.

Zeli has been out since pre-season where he collided with the post in a home friendly fixture with Leicester City and has struggled to recover ever since.

“The Zeli situation is a little bit frustrating.” Said Hasselbaink.

Charles has been on the road to recovery since his arrival at the Pirelli Stadium and Hasselbaink is pleased with the progress that the utility man is making.

“Darius has started running. Yesterday (Tuesday) he did his first passing drill with the group.” Said Hasselbaink.

Jon McLaughlin should be fit after fully recovering from a dead leg which saw him be substituted midway through the first half last time out against Rochdale to be replaced by Remi Matthews.

McLaughlin could be Hasselbaink’s first choice goalkeeper for Saturday’s trip.

The Brewers could line up unchanged from the team that beat Rochdale on Saturday although don’t be surprised if Naylor, El Khayati or Thiele return to the starting XI. Callum Reilly could return to the bench after missing out against Rochdale.

One To Watch
Raphael Rossi Branco.

Formerly with the academy at Brighton and Hove Albion, the Brazilian centre-half penned a deal with Town in the summer of 2013 after a successful trial period.

Made his debut against Plymouth Argyle in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. He stepped off the bench to make his league debut in a 1-1 draw at Bradford City.

A regular fixture last term as Town reached the Play-Off final.

The Swindon skipper has made the most appearances for the Robins this season and has been solid at the back conceding 15 goals in 9 games. The Brazilian has made 11 clearances in his 9 games picking up just 1 yellow card.

He has been an integral part of Swindon’s style of play as they build from the back.

Form Guide
Burton Albion (LAST 5 ALL COMPS)
W2, L2, D1

Swindon Town (LAST 5 ALL COMPS)
W2, L2, D1

Manager’s Thoughts
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink:

“Swindon will be a totally different game.

“They play a totally different style and they are a good team It will be a challenge for us.

“How can we adapt? Can we play our game and dictate ourselves?

“It will be a challenge and we need to prepare and make sure we are right and make sure we have the right points spot on.”

Player’s Thoughts
Mark Duffy:

“Swindon did brilliantly last year. They play out from the back.

“Everyone appreciates what they do.

“They started well but they got a hiding last week against Barnsley.

“They will be looking to bounce back but we will be looking to pile on the pressure for them.”
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:03:11 »

Heading across to this one.

1-2 defeat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:22:21 »

Twitter claims Burton have sold 1100 tickets, 8,000+ if that is correct.  1-1 for me.

What's the source on that? I was expecting them to bring about 300.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:22:26 »

Twitter claims Burton have sold 1100 tickets, 8,000+ if that is correct.  1-1 for me.

Burton?? That's a good effort, fair play!
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:24:05 »

Bounce back to form today - no question about it - Burton going well so expecting a tight game decided by the odd goal - 2-1 or maybe 1-0 - Cooper will get the defence sorted and I see last week`s result as a one off - COYR

No idea how many people will be there hopefully over Power`s required figure....

Bathtime
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:31:48 »

I suppose there will be an f-ing drum  Angry
EldeneRed

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:41:13 »

Where do you buy tickets on the day chaps? Box Office at the back of the TE or the club store?
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:46:05 »

Where do you buy tickets on the day chaps? Box Office at the back of the TE or the club store?

Windows at back of Town End.
EldeneRed

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:52:17 »

Windows at back of Town End.

Cheers mate!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 09:57:21 »

First game of the season today for myself (powering manfully on through this cold), courtesy of McCoys. Bringing the wife to her first ever game as well - she's always been thoroughly anti-football but has definitely been curious about what its like to go to a proper game. She'll be bored by half time so might buy her a copy of Heat to keep her going.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 10:08:13 »

You and the mrs mobbing up in the town end chillers?
normy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 11:54:10 »

No idea what to expect today on the pitch, but it's nice and sunny!

ust be the oldest
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 11:55:19 »

I'm predicting a 2-1 loss and, if there is a drum, a very annoyed Ells..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 11:57:02 »

I think we will lose this one, that is all.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Skinny Pete

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 13:03:19 »

No Kasim today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: