Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Burton matchday thread  (Read 21309 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 06:08:35 »

As a lot of said the biggest problem is the midfield and 'transition' between defence areas of the pitch. You can't play Rogers/Traore/Thompson, you miss the guile and the ability to create space. Its tough on people who have played well but i'd pick the following team, good old 4231.

GK. Vigeroux
DR. Thompson
DL. BOO
DLC. Turnbull
DRC. Williams
DMC. Thompson
DMC. Kasim
AMR. Ojama
AMC. Robert
AML. Ajose (cutting in and often making 2 up top with BOO overlapping)
SC. Thomas

Tough on Branco, but better balance with these 2 at the back. Traore has looked ok and would swap with Thompson when loan is up. Rodgers has had a couple of good games, but he can barely run and useless in defensive positions. Is he better than Robert going forward? No. So bench for Rodgers.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #121 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 08:51:02 »

See the first internet rumours have started.

Cooper out, James Beattie in
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 09:55:04 »

that was tans wasn't it?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 10:25:28 »

No not me, someone put on tht facebook group first
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 11:08:23 »

There was a tiny bit seen on the steps going down to the exit.  Older supporter was stood clapping the team (who didn't bother clapping the supporters!) and a young guy walked up to him and had a bit of a go at him, something like "what the fuck are you clapping that pile of shit for" in a very aggressive manner, there was a bit of an argument but I thought they both just drifted away!

there was a post on FB about this from the ladies husband saying his was swore and spat at by this goon.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 13:03:22 »

My take on some of the faults on Saturday-

Too often, the first move a midfielder makes when receiving the ball is turning to face our keeper- despite shitloads of empty space in front of them.

Too often we take a throw in which is just a speculative lob, headed by an opposition player to the feet of one of their team mates.

Too often we make a pass to a player who has no space to do anything other than loose the ball.

We lack vision. Look for the player in space. Look for the space- play the ball into space so one of our midfield/ forwards can run onto it.

The complete drabness and ineptitude of Saturdays performance is reflected in the real lack of meltdown on here. It is contagious.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 13:23:42 »

there was a post on FB about this from the ladies husband saying his was swore and spat at by this goon.

Is that the same incident mentioned on Facebook where various 'lads' had to be held back as they were apparently going to sort it out? It must have been chaos with all these hard men having to be held back, like a sort of sad nawty version of Strictly Come Dancing.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 15:38:26 »

Traore appeared to have caught Anton Rodgers near complete inability from back end of last season to pass anything other than backwards or sideways. Was urging for Kasim to come on until he did and then proceeded to give ball away more than I have ever seen him previously do. Like Ojaama and Ajose, Louis Thompson looked miles away in terms of match sharpness but at least he did drive forward on a couple of occasions as belatedly did Ojaama just before he was taken off.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 15:51:08 »

The DRS contingent were getting very frustrated on Saturday with a lot of Forward shouts around me. I too was frustrated with the lack of ambition we continued to show. Ajose can't play on the wings and needs to be played up top best to utlise him.

Agreed also that the midfield was too negative, only Wes Thomas seemed to be making forward runs and at least he showed some effort to try and close down the keeper, but he was woefully starved of service, bar one lovely Rodgers slide rule pass.

Kasim was a waste of time when he came on, kept giving the ball away, that said, at least he did try and play it forward a bit more.

My main gripe was with 3 minutes left, 1 down at home and we showed very little urgency at all, still passing it about at the back, keeping tidy posession and basically achieving very little apart from wasting time. At times we played like we did pre-season and at the same pace. That has to stop at home or crowds are going to dwindle fast.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #129 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 16:27:15 »

So, if we go 2 up front to get the best out of Thomas/Obika and Ajose, do we revert to 3-5-2 or 4-1-3-2?

Presume 3-5-2 would be favourite as that was favoured last season. Some of our, cough, 'big' names would have sit out games.

Vig
Thompson Branco Turnbull
Ojamma Thompson Robert Traore BOO
Thomas/Obika Ajose
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: