Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: International players' union ask courts to abolish transfer system  (Read 3150 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 12:39:54 »

From the people who brought you the Bosman ruling, Fifpro, the international players' union, are looking to have the transfer system ruled illegal. That could change a few things in football, not even sure whether it's a good or a bad thing tbh. I suspect we wouldn't do well out of it

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/18/fifpro-transfer-fees-could-go-fifa-brussels
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 13:42:03 »

contracts would have to change a lot but you can't make a player play for you if they don't want to be there, so it would be very interesting to see. Great for lawyers though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 14:02:08 »

Find a large bin and throw our model into it....will probably see the end of STFC as a fuly pro outfit.

Why I hear you ask?   The loan system will be outlawed, and developing a player and selling them on to cover losses will be outlawed.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 18, 2015, 14:06:02 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 14:51:00 »

Cap the amount a club can pay in wages if you want to make football less volatile/ more competitive.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 14:53:07 »

I have zero interest in the NFL, so do they have transfer fees for players? I know they also have the draft but no idea how it works.

If clubs no longer have to pay transfer fees I presume that money would go into paying the poor little darlings even more mullah.

No matter what rules are changed the small clubs will always remain with the shitty end of the footballing stick
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 18:52:55 »

I have zero interest in the NFL, so do they have transfer fees for players? I know they also have the draft but no idea how it works.

If clubs no longer have to pay transfer fees I presume that money would go into paying the poor little darlings even more mullah.

No matter what rules are changed the small clubs will always remain with the shitty end of the footballing stick

No, they don't.

All teams have a fixed amount to spend on contracts.

They also share all the profits of the league equally... buy a Patriots shirt and all the teams benefit...

Quite an amazing situation for a capitalist country.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 19:39:12 »

Agree with the fact that agents fee's are ridiculous. If they stop the loan system, they have stop the bigger clubs hovering up younger players.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 18, 2015, 23:00:47 »

£200k a week will become £200k a day.

And the grotesque world of the premiership footballer will become even more detached from the working man.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 10:00:49 »

No, they don't.

All teams have a fixed amount to spend on contracts.

They also share all the profits of the league equally... buy a Patriots shirt and all the teams benefit...

Quite an amazing situation for a capitalist country.

It's because the NFL is the company itself.
The Draft involves the shit teams getting first pick of the College players - they can also trade their pick with better teams to get experienced players.  Essentially means no one team can dominate for long and no team should forever be useless (although Jacksonville appear to be an anomaly!).

If Transfer fees were abolished mayhem would ensue because we couldn't do what the NFL does unless all countries signed up to a highly complex process.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 10:13:16 »

Same in the NBA aswell isnt it?

Hence Golden State winning the playoffs after being shit for the past 20 years
Skinny Pete

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 10:55:05 »

The only US sporting event I have ever seen live was Orlando Magic with Shaquil O'Neil donkey's years ago.

Not enough arbitrary phlegm for my liking
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 11:12:21 »

Did golden state win it? When I went to San Francisco some years ago we went to a GS game. They were gash but I think won the match. The half time and time out entertainment was often more entertaining than the game, American sports bore me in general.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 19, 2015, 11:34:25 »

Did golden state win it? When I went to San Francisco some years ago we went to a GS game. They were gash but I think won the match. The half time and time out entertainment was often more entertaining than the game, American sports bore me in general.

Yep.

Home record was 39 wins - 2 losses!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: