Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kids Football In Swindon  (Read 1899 times)
Charlie Henry

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 16:56:58 »

Can anyone recommend a local (Old Town/Central) based kids football training (and/Or) team that does mid week after-school sessions for 6-8 year old boys? Struggling to get any clues from google wondered if anyone here has any clues?? Thanks in advance!
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 17:31:25 »

Can anyone recommend a local (Old Town/Central) based kids football training (and/Or) team that does mid week after-school sessions for 6-8 year old boys? Struggling to get any clues from google wondered if anyone here has any clues?? Thanks in advance!

Not exactly what you want, but Swindon Town Football in the Community does a lot of sessions all over town, so check their site out.

I have an 8 year old, and it feels impossible to get him into a club! All the local ones are full. I live in the centre of town, too. Good luck with that...
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 19:02:53 »

You may find something in here.

http://www.nwyfl.co.uk/club-opportunities/

Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 20:24:17 »

Ferndale Rodbourne.Not sure about "after school training" with the nights drawing in though.
More of a train on a Sat,play on Sunday thing at that age group.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 20:44:08 »

If you are looking for a team, Croft JFC  are sort of Old Town.  Again not sure of training days, games would be Sundays. Guess there squads have been together for a bit now, so no idea if they need players.

Otherwise FITC as already mentioned, and there are probably a couple of other "soccer schools" around - Paul D will probably know if nobody else comes up with anything.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 22:09:46 »

May i just add,steer well clear of anything remotely connected with Margaret Rivers and that other bint.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 22:57:00 »

If you're just looking for after school training, Football in the Community are an excellent starting point, you can book them online now, but probably best to give them a bell as well and make sure there's space on the one you're thinking of. The booking site and the list of midweek sessions for 8 year olds is here:
http://officialsoccerschools.co.uk/stfitc/swindon-town-courses/after_school-8.html

If you're after a team then you can try the ones listed on the North Wilts (which is the local youth league) website:
http://www.nwyfl.co.uk/category/club-opportunities/club-opportunities-u8/

And if none of that suits, you can search for clubs by location/age group on the Wilts FA website:
http://www.wiltshirefa.com/findaclub

May i just add,steer well clear of anything remotely connected with Margaret Rivers and that other bint.
Have Holloway got a prison team then? Smiley The club that used to be associated with them (Shaw) kicked them and all their cronies out and renamed themselves to Lydiard Millicent - they're now really well run by decent people who care about the kids they coach. They're one of the teams advertising on the N Wilts webpage and I'd wholeheartedly recommend them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 22:59:29 »

Oh, and actually there's an after-school training session at Croft on Mondays, 5-6 run by a bloke called Mario Walsh. He's an excellent coach and an ex-pro (Colchester and Pompey if memory serves) and he's brilliant with kids. Both my two have been coached by him and loads of their mates and they all think he's wonderful. Thoroughly recommend Mario - PM me if you want his number.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: