Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Windows 10 Upgrade - Wifi Connection Lost  (Read 11615 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 13, 2015, 08:17:07 »

Cheers I'll give it another go.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 13, 2015, 08:22:47 »

I upgraded mine to windows 10 too. I've no problems other than I seem to have lost the sound. Presumably I've lost the driver and should just try downloading it again? Where will I find it?

Any advice gratefully received.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 13, 2015, 10:14:54 »

I upgraded mine to windows 10 too. I've no problems other than I seem to have lost the sound. Presumably I've lost the driver and should just try downloading it again? Where will I find it?

Any advice gratefully received.

Happened to me too, make sure you have the correct output device selected as default in the volume settings. - right click volume control > playback devices > right click the correct device and set as default.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 13, 2015, 11:56:08 »

Any drivers will be on the manufacturers website.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 13, 2015, 14:17:08 »

And back on topic, Jo what make is your laptop?

It's an Asus F551C.

It seems to be quite a common problem after upgrading, but none of the suggested fixes made any difference or I couldn't find what I needed.  Other than that, the other option is that I'm being thick and did something wrong.  It's probably the latter  Smiley
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 14, 2015, 08:36:27 »

Happened to me too, make sure you have the correct output device selected as default in the volume settings. - right click volume control > playback devices > right click the correct device and set as default.

Cheers Jayo. There are no output devices listed though so that seems to be a no go?!

Any drivers will be on the manufacturers website.

Suspect you're right Sippo. I have tried the Toshiba website and even managed to find a list of 6 drivers for my model of machine. They only seem to go up to "windows 8.1" though and there is no driver listed for windows 10. I suspect I'm being thick here but any other ideas? (i tried downloading the latest 8.1 version but doesn't seem to work either)

PS. Sorry for high jacking your thread Jo.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 14, 2015, 09:12:40 »

Does a windows update find the driver?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 14, 2015, 09:33:17 »

I downloaded Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. Everything went smoothly, with no hitches at all.

(Just thought I'd share).

It's All Good..............
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 14, 2015, 10:45:32 »

Does a windows update find the driver?

It's worth a try, I had no WiFi on a laptop with reinstalled windows 7, running update found the correct driver. I had to connect to my router using an ethernet cable, which was working.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 14, 2015, 10:52:34 »

Cheers chaps. I'll give it a go later...
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 14, 2015, 11:24:14 »

I've had the same problem Paolo69 (in fact keeps happening when I remove headphones)

Found workaround 2 here seems to do the trick:

http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-sound-on-windows-10-issue.html

(Editing the bitrate in the speakers properties - no idea what it means but seemed to work...)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 14, 2015, 12:43:06 »

Thanks LR. I've give that a try too.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 15:32:48 »

Cheers Jayo. There are no output devices listed though so that seems to be a no go?!

Suspect you're right Sippo. I have tried the Toshiba website and even managed to find a list of 6 drivers for my model of machine. They only seem to go up to "windows 8.1" though and there is no driver listed for windows 10. I suspect I'm being thick here but any other ideas? (i tried downloading the latest 8.1 version but doesn't seem to work either)

PS. Sorry for high jacking your thread Jo.

no devices listed suggests the drivers aren't installed. Try updating through computer management -> device manager and let windows search for the best driver
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 06:46:15 »

Cheers to everyone who contributed but I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear I now have sound. I downloaded the software in LR's link and it "fixed" the driver (which was there but not showing). Hopefully that's done the trick now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: