Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnsley V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19864 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:04:12 »

It's all Jay's fault.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:04:51 »

Lee Johnson does us again.
you did warn us
woolster

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:05:46 »

The reality is, the team probably hasn't gelled yet. They need time and time training together.
[/quot
Happy clappers who think the side needs time to gell v moaning Minnies who reckon its Cooper and the defence that continues to be the problem

So long as we beat the Pox, who cares
couldn't give a shit about beating oxford in that piss pot cup, getting out of this league I do
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:09:58 »

Maybe we should have got a centre back...

We're currently wasting one out wide...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
EldeneRed

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:10:05 »

Silver lining, Pox and Shitty also lost. 1-0 and 4-2 respectively.

I await the moaning Cotterill video.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:10:45 »

It's almost funny how bipolar the TEF is. Almost.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:15:58 »

Well that sounded piss poor. I'm sure we won't play like that every week though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:18:24 »

No, I don't think we will Flash. But maybe frequently enough to stop us doing anything this year.

Or do we think the defence will be fine with the re-introduction of BOO and NT?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:20:06 »

Best to get those results and performances out of the way early.
EldeneRed

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:21:30 »

I observed that we always performed poorer defensively last season when Nathan Thompson was absent. I felt that we fell apart after our captain was off injured in the second minute at Wembley.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #100 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:27:08 »

We were piss poor, defensively, at Bury, Southend and Crewe but got away with it.

Today we didn't. Something has to be done but seeing this had been a recurring problem for ages I doubt Cooper/Williams know how to do it.

I can see no logical reason why or how we are going to improve defensively.

Time for a specific defence coach?
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 17:02:09 »

Trip to Barnsley got off to a bad start when I put my coat on for the first time in ages and found the train tickets and match tickets for the play-off final in one of the pockets.

We started off reasonably enough today, knocking it about but mainly in our own half without anyone really running at the opposition. We were gifted the lead and thought we had every chance to kick on from there. However our slow build-up play from the back kept letting Barnsley re-set, particularly after they took the lead, and they just became really difficult to break down. Second half in particular we just looked really sloppy and 3 of their goals came directly from us giving the ball away. Trying not to be too critical, new team etc and Cooper can't yet be anywhere near knowing his first XI. Think we'll eventually do ok this season once the new team gels but likely to be a few further painful displays on the way.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 17:40:35 »

Trip to Barnsley got off to a bad start when I put my coat on for the first time in ages and found the train tickets and match tickets for the play-off final in one of the pockets.

Ah that will be why we lost , the curse that keeps on giving
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 18:03:37 »

Defence wasn't really to blame for today. We were shit from front to back. Midfield non existent. No movement, pace or dynamism. They pressed us well and were well in charge after they equalised. Kasim and Rodgers were awful and gave the ball away continuously, Thomas and Ajose offered little option up top, Ojjamma looked decent when he came on but the game was up by then. It was a pathetic performance.

Also, shame on Barnsley FC not offering a children's ticket, 17 quid for a 9 year old is well out of order.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, September 12, 2015, 18:11:44 »

No, I don't think we will Flash. But maybe frequently enough to stop us doing anything this year.

Or do we think the defence will be fine with the re-introduction of BOO and NT?

Right now we seem to have some decent individuals, but it is a bit difficult to see a team in them, which is why I thought today would be tricky. You can't just bung individuals together and hope.   I didn't go today, bur read that Jordan Turnbull played left back, somehow Cooper has to find a team and style which suits them with what we've got. I'm sure having 2 more natural full backs can only help.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: