Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146931 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 12:16:26 »

It's not even near them really. It's on the way out of town towards lechlade.
But they are right about access to the local schools. Crossing that road and the walk to Warneford School is a fair trek and hazardous - if the route is the back of Sevenfields.

If the route is to just cross the road into Blackworth Ind Est and straight up the hill into the town - not so bad.

If the residents of Rodbourne can be overridden with Aldi, the hotel and drive throughs I’m sure it shouldn’t be a deal breaker.

As for the horse training facility, Mad John Manners trains his horses a similar distance from Highworth on the road to Swindon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 12:27:04 »

But they are right about access to the local schools. Crossing that road and the walk to Warneford School is a fair trek and hazardous - if the route is the back of Sevenfields.

If the route is to just cross the road into Blackworth Ind Est and straight up the hill into the town - not so bad.

If the residents of Rodbourne can be overridden with Aldi, the hotel and drive throughs I’m sure it shouldn’t be a deal breaker.

As for the horse training facility, Mad John Manners trains his horses a similar distance from Highworth on the road to Swindon.

Multi nationals and large companies will always find a way around planning rules and local democracy.... usually by appealing to HMG, who then nod stuff through, obviously having no self interest.  More difficult for individuals or small companies, who the aforementioned planners and local councillors like to show they still count by making their lives difficult.

Chappy who Power bought the site from had the same problems....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 13:00:29 »

So has this been thrown out or just advised for it to be thrown out and planning need to approve or not ?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 13:03:41 »

Multi nationals and large companies will always find a way around planning rules and local democracy.... usually by appealing to HMG, who then nod stuff through, obviously having no self interest.  More difficult for individuals or small companies, who the aforementioned planners and local councillors like to show they still count by making their lives difficult.

Chappy who Power bought the site from had the same problems....

Jesus Christ we are getting deep into ill informed tin foil territory here....

a) You cannot appeal to HMG, you Appeal to PINS which is independent of government and interpret applications based on planning policy without the local baggage of LPA's determining applications;
b)Small individuals and companies follow exactly the same process;
c) Even if planners/Councillors 'like to show they still count by making their lives difficult.' option b is always available.

The planning system is pretty crap, and PINS often inept and frustrating but its not the conspiracy theorists wet dream you love to make it out to be.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 13:05:45 »

So has this been thrown out or just advised for it to be thrown out and planning need to approve or not ?
Neither. The parish council have objected, but they don't have the power to throw it out, that falls to SBC
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 13:07:19 »

Jesus Christ we are getting deep into ill informed tin foil territory here....

a) You cannot appeal to HMG, you Appeal to PINS which is independent of government and interpret applications based on planning policy without the local baggage of LPA's determining applications;
I'm sure you're right, but the Coate development was decided by the govt minister, Eric Pickles, who "called it in". So the government do, or at least can, have a say if they want to force something through
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 13:11:37 »

There are (entirely understandably and logically) three applications a) training ground, b) horse racing facility and c) houses, these have only been in since the start of November and I would suspect that the Council will be seeking to determine around February time, what is happening at the moment are objectors (who are consulted although anyone can comment) are publicising their objections to try and gain some momentum, the applicants will then respond no doubt.

After this has happened the Planning Officer will write a report and make a recommendation, which will no doubt be considered at planning committee in February/March and the choice will lie with members (and thus no doubt it Reg's head the Tories will wave it through, whilst exchanging envelopes and  chasing the proletariat with hounds, whilst the Labour members are held hostages with woodbines hanging out of their mouths).

Ultimately its comparatively early days and everything is still up for grabs.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 13:13:09 »

I'm sure you're right, but the Coate development was decided by the govt minister, Eric Pickles, who "called it in". So the government do, or at least can, have a say if they want to force something through

In the big scheme of things this is, quite frankly, a poxy small development and thus it would take a hell of a leap for the government to take a blind bit of notice and suggest that it had national planning implications warranting a call in.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 13:39:53 »

I've been told by a local redident they are planning to submit an application for equestrian facilities a barn & 20 stables with ancillary rooms to the application which is probably why this may get opposed.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 13:42:02 »

I've been told by a local redident they are planning to submit an application for equestrian facilities a barn & 20 stables with ancillary rooms to the application which is probably why this may get opposed.

They already have submitted and policy at SBC confirmed no policy objection.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 13:49:10 »

That's good to know as the guy who lives near the golf course said it was added after the original plans were given to the local residents so must be being opposed for something else then.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 14:16:38 »

Of course they do.... the former Mr Pickles, who was recently ennobled presumably for his services to someone, but hardly it would seem to local communities, is now Lord for Fat Cats.... looking into corruption  Smiley

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 14:34:02 »

In the big scheme of things this is, quite frankly, a poxy small development and thus it would take a hell of a leap for the government to take a blind bit of notice and suggest that it had national planning implications warranting a call in.
Oh absolutely, but that was Reg's original point - that big companies working on big developments could call in favours from govt. as happened at Coate whereas smaller developments like this one wouldn't have the same clout.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 14:58:58 »

Oh absolutely, but that was Reg's original point - that big companies working on big developments could call in favours from govt. as happened at Coate whereas smaller developments like this one wouldn't have the same clout.

But it doesn't work like that, in my years doing this tedious job the only time a favour has potentially been called in on one of my schemes was DfE calling in a favour from DCMS to not list a building they wanted to demolish (I have no firm evidence to support this, its only a suspicion based upon the process as followed and the documents I was copied in on) .

The secretary of state will normally only call in if the application conflicts with national policy in important ways, or is nationally significant, and if he is seen to do so for any other reason he would rapidly find himself in court defending his position.

IIRC Coate is c.1000 houses and thus probably met the criteria above, a crappy little stable sport pitch and 18 houses would not....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 15:08:34 »

But it doesn't work like that, in my years doing this tedious job the only time a favour has potentially been called in on one of my schemes was DfE calling in a favour from DCMS to not list a building they wanted to demolish (I have no firm evidence to support this, its only a suspicion based upon the process as followed and the documents I was copied in on) .

The secretary of state will normally only call in if the application conflicts with national policy in important ways, or is nationally significant, and if he is seen to do so for any other reason he would rapidly find himself in court defending his position.

IIRC Coate is c.1000 houses and thus probably met the criteria above, a crappy little stable sport pitch and 18 houses would not....
Nonetheless, the end effect is that locally SBC rejected Coate and the developers went over their heads to national govt where they were able to get the result they wanted.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: