Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146914 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:58:55 »

I see the adver article says a few members of the squad might be at the consultation event - why are the players being dragged into this, it is nothing to do with the playing squad and AFAIC it is unfair to drag them into something to say how good it will be when it is only at the early stages.

I know I'm no expert but how can the club be talking about getting grants to help build this I assume form the likes of sport England, when the football club will not own this ground and will not see any revenue from it, so they would effectively be given the grant cash to Lee Power to line his pockets.

I notice also that Mr Power is staying quiet on this not even a quote from him.

TBH, I would be a bit pissed off if he was spending his/the club’s money on this. In my mind, that should be spent on the playing side. Raising it via a development is really the only viable option for a small club.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 18:04:04 »

PMSL  There has been some debate on a Highworth web site following on from a comment from a loacl resident that she understands that it is a complete new stadium that they are asking pp for!!  Somebody even suggesting that if permission is granted it must include a caveat that a nw dual carriageway is built from the A419 to cope with the expected influx of supporters!!  Chinese whispers x 100!!!
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 19:38:15 »

PMSL  There has been some debate on a Highworth web site following on from a comment from a loacl resident that she understands that it is a complete new stadium that they are asking pp for!!  Somebody even suggesting that if permission is granted it must include a caveat that a nw dual carriageway is built from the A419 to cope with the expected influx of supporters!!  Chinese whispers x 100!!!

and the Aldi shoppers.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 20:29:42 »

Isn't the key issue for SBC that they didn't complete a Strategic Plan showing how they would achieve the numbers they were targeted?  That is what makes developments like this more probable -they don't have an alternative site earmarked when someone appeals, so they don't really even have the power to decline a planning permission request.

I thought SBC had a plan but basically the developers aren't building enough houses, so it makes it irrelevant and they can do what they like.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 21:03:27 »

I see the adver article says a few members of the squad might be at the consultation event - why are the players being dragged into this, it is nothing to do with the playing squad and AFAIC it is unfair to drag them into something to say how good it will be when it is only at the early stages.

I know I'm no expert but how can the club be talking about getting grants to help build this I assume form the likes of sport England, when the football club will not own this ground and will not see any revenue from it, so they would effectively be given the grant cash to Lee Power to line his pockets.

I notice also that Mr Power is staying quiet on this not even a quote from him.

Adver 6 June:

Durrant added: “We consulted Highworth Town Council last year to outline the initial proposals and they specifically asked us to undertake some community consultation when more details were available.

“We will do this on June 16 and return to a future meeting with Highworth Town Council to discuss both the proposals and the reaction that we receive as a result of the consultation event.’’

Surely having a couple of Town players there contributes to creating a community consultation event? Better than just having potentially faceless developers.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 22:08:50 »

I thought SBC had a plan but basically the developers aren't building enough houses, so it makes it irrelevant and they can do what they like.

Yes,seems that is the case.  A plan exists that nobody is sticking to, so the Govt. have already essentially made it worthless by approving planning permission for developments on land outside the adopted plan.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Friday, June 8, 2018, 11:16:34 »

I see that the mysterious Steve Anderson has been wheeled out to talk up the benefits of the project.... first time I've seen or heard owt from him.... and a pic too.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Friday, June 8, 2018, 15:51:24 »

I see that the mysterious Steve Anderson has been wheeled out to talk up the benefits of the project.... first time I've seen or heard owt from him.... and a pic too.
Until I saw that pic I thought he was an "imaginary" friend of LP!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Friday, June 8, 2018, 15:54:22 »

Until I saw that pic I thought he was an "imaginary" friend of LP!!

He actually looks quite normal.... which is worrying.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Friday, June 8, 2018, 16:21:16 »

Anyone going to post a pic of Steve Normal (not to be confused with Steve Murrall) then?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Friday, June 8, 2018, 16:26:02 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/16277840.New_training_base_can_sell_Town_s_future/
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Friday, June 8, 2018, 16:41:59 »

He looks very similar a mate of mine who shares the fairly common surname...wonder if they're related?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, June 16, 2018, 16:58:19 »

Did anybody manage to get along to the consultation at Highworth earlier?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, June 16, 2018, 21:36:32 »

Did anybody manage to get along to the consultation at Highworth earlier?

Someone on the oracle of truth that is the adver site posted this

having had a nose at the proposals this morning there isn't much to moan about. The housing development- all 18 of them will be sited behind the recently approved new Aldi store with improved access from the A361 than there currently is for the site. The snag if there is one is that SBC could argue that building the houses will set a precedent for more of them in or around that area which is outside of the local building plan. But as the consultant said they are being replaced anyway and probably will not have a bearing on any decision. He also said that the ball park cost of £6m will not be met solely by selling the houses and that LP or any co-investors would need to stump up more money. There are also plans for an all weather gallop, stables and a paddock. I mentioned the chairman’s and the club’s perceived poor PR and the guy said that the more he gets criticised by people who basically know diddly squat the more he retreats from media involvement- or words to that effect. Time will tell of course and much depends on the yay or nay for the houses.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, June 17, 2018, 08:39:04 »

Someone on the oracle of truth that is the adver site posted this

Thanks Ells, sounds quite positive - from that POV anyway. But also a bit off actually happening.

" I mentioned the chairman’s and the club’s perceived poor PR and the guy said that the more he gets criticised by people who basically know diddly squat the more he retreats from media involvement"
Made me laugh a bit - its my ball and I'm going home!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: