Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146916 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 09:23:41 »

The new £6 million training HQ proposal by #stfc is not being backed by money left in the will of lifelong supporter Nigel Eady, @AdverSport understands.
https://t.co/aaCRFCNu3F https://t.co/iqtdfhYj4b
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 10:20:56 »

I know from my job, to get a design to that stage, a lot of money, and a lot of man hours will have gone in so far. That's not just the end product of a single person on sketch up. So someone is serious about getting it done.

It's a very fine plan.... however, in relative terms, quite small scale. 

The big house builders, multi nationals and UK based companies know how to steam roller local planning, by putting their money into Tory party donations etc and taking it up to ministers for the nod however vehement objections are from the local council or the local population.

The wheeze in the Borough of Swindon, is that apparently not enough new houses are being built, even though you can't move for estates sprouting up, so it enables developers/ministers to nod through the over-riding of any local plans.  This is where the cost lies, greasing that particular pole. I doubt Lee is in this league...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 15:48:30 »

Isn't the key issue for SBC that they didn't complete a Strategic Plan showing how they would achieve the numbers they were targeted?  That is what makes developments like this more probable -they don't have an alternative site earmarked when someone appeals, so they don't really even have the power to decline a planning permission request.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 08:03:36 »

Shall I rise to the blatantly incorrect conspiracy theories and bore you all.....

For all our sakes.... Nope...  Cheesy
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 08:06:27 »

I know from my job, to get a design to that stage, a lot of money, and a lot of man hours will have gone in so far. That's not just the end product of a single person on sketch up. So someone is serious about getting it done.

Indeed, if it was just a lip service job could have been done for about 5% of the cost that would have cost.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #320 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 08:22:57 »

Pah, Mr Whippy had a whole stadium mapped out in his head in 5 minutes for the price of a few pints and the council eating out of his hand. Don't forget even his enemies admired him. Don't know what all this faffing about is for.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 08:24:23 »

it looks a way off doesn't it (the training ground, hopefully not L1)

That's just the scale of the drawing....  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 08:25:23 »

That's just the scale of the drawing....  Wink

Smiley

these things are small...these things are far away...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 09:00:03 »

Pah, Mr Whippy had a whole stadium mapped out in his head in 5 minutes for the price of a few pints and the council eating out of his hand. Don't forget even his enemies admired him.
He was like a Swindon-scale pre-Trump wasn't he? It would have been a biiiig beautiful stadium, the biggest and best stadium we'd ever seen.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 11:52:45 »

I see the adver article says a few members of the squad might be at the consultation event - why are the players being dragged into this, it is nothing to do with the playing squad and AFAIC it is unfair to drag them into something to say how good it will be when it is only at the early stages.

I know I'm no expert but how can the club be talking about getting grants to help build this I assume form the likes of sport England, when the football club will not own this ground and will not see any revenue from it, so they would effectively be given the grant cash to Lee Power to line his pockets.

I notice also that Mr Power is staying quiet on this not even a quote from him.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:00:05 »

I see the adver article says a few members of the squad might be at the consultation event - why are the players being dragged into this, it is nothing to do with the playing squad and AFAIC it is unfair to drag them into something to say how good it will be when it is only at the early stages.

I know I'm no expert but how can the club be talking about getting grants to help build this I assume form the likes of sport England, when the football club will not own this ground and will not see any revenue from it, so they would effectively be given the grant cash to Lee Power to line his pockets.

I'd say it's very relevant to hear about it from players view points actually, they can emphasise how hard it has been training at multiple locations that are inadequate for a professional clubs needs. Any of them that were here under Williams will be able to talk about the fact we had to spend most of a season training on a 3G pitch which couldn't have helped our cause much. Those that have been at other clubs who have had decent facilities such a Taylor & Vigs will be able to offer a view on why it is needed.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:06:22 »

Shut up. Why does Power need to make a statement. The club has.

This is all good for the club, staff and players. It's normal to apply for grants for such things, as it is sport related which will also help the community.

And yeah, Power is going to make millions out of this.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #327 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:13:42 »

Players will likely have some sort of community contribution written into their contracts. Even then, they may have been happy to help out.

If people are having to scrape the barrel this low for something to moan about, it must be pretty good news on the whole. On the face of it at least.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:30:34 »

I'm surprisd they're not on holiday still.  I suspect the good nimbys of Highworth won't be moved from their entrenched views by the blandishments of James Dunne and Luke Norris.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:43:01 »

Sport England will have already been involved, even if only to tick boxes, that it passes their criteria. Another thing that, takes time and money on designs.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: