Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146915 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, June 4, 2018, 18:36:16 »

But there are ‘proper’, established holiday lodges just down the road at the Cotswold Water Park.

Why anyone would want to buy one outside Highworth I have no idea.

Maybe permission being granted for lodges is a gambit for obtaining future permission for residential housing. Power wouldn’t have bought the golf course without first knowing what he wants to do with it and the chances of achieving it.

I honestly can’t envisage a training facility there.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, June 4, 2018, 18:40:55 »

But there are ‘proper’, established holiday lodges just down the road at the Cotswold Water Park.

Why anyone would want to buy one outside Highworth I have no idea.

Maybe permission being granted for lodges is a gambit for obtaining future permission for residential housing. Power wouldn’t have bought the golf course without first knowing what he wants to do with it and the chances of achieving it.

I honestly can’t envisage a training facility there.

It is indeed a conumdrum. I agree about the Cotswold Hobourne, why buy one in Highworth, other than the Chippy as Horlick pointed out. It does have a ring of testing the water regarding future housing.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 02:20:00 »

Plans for STFC new £6m training facility released tonight,breaking news on BBC Wiltshire Twitter at midnight!!! Shows a mock up picture of a new HQ building and pitches in the distance.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 02:21:40 by Matt71 » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 03:32:31 »

Looks like I was right and wrong. The lodges were, indeed, a stepping stone to apply for residential housing.

If permission is granted that’s a big wow. Wondering what sort of timescale we’re looking at.

Who’s going to be the first to chirp up they’d rather £6m was spent on players instead of a poxy training centre - cue Facebook?

I must add a word of caution. A similar situation is playing out over the new greyhound/speedway stadium at Blunsdon. The new build submitted plans and permission granted and the final tranche of residential houses being built was dependent on the new stadium being built. There is no sign of any new stadium and the caveat dropped so the houses will still get built.

Owners, Gaming International, also bought Torquay Utd with the promise of a new stadium but, surprise surprise, that has been dropped in favour of yet more residential housing.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 04:05:01 by Audrey's Bellend » Logged
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 05:52:22 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/stfc-to-unveil-detailed-proposals-for-new-training-centre--hq/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 06:22:34 »

that answers that then. could be very good if it comes off. if.
Flashheart

« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 06:51:15 »

Swindon Town Manager, Phil Brown, commented: "Having a purpose built high quality training facility will be a key element in the drive to gain promotion from League 2 and onwards to higher levels of football.

I'm hoping we'll be out of league two by then, Phil. Unless he's suggesting we'll be in the new training ground soon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 07:04:44 »

it looks a way off doesn't it (the training ground, hopefully not L1)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 07:13:42 »

yes Audrey, the Swindon speedway farce is of concern.

The difference here though being power also owns the fc, nothing to stop him making the profit on the homes his exit strategy I suppose but we'll have to see.

seems a way off at the moment
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 08:32:00 »

How dare a business man want to make money...

So what if there are houses that he can sell. Someone is investing money into making the players, hopefully, better.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 08:52:23 »

Looks like I was right and wrong. The lodges were, indeed, a stepping stone to apply for residential housing.

If permission is granted that’s a big wow. Wondering what sort of timescale we’re looking at.

Who’s going to be the first to chirp up they’d rather £6m was spent on players instead of a poxy training centre - cue Facebook?

I must add a word of caution. A similar situation is playing out over the new greyhound/speedway stadium at Blunsdon. The new build submitted plans and permission granted and the final tranche of residential houses being built was dependent on the new stadium being built. There is no sign of any new stadium and the caveat dropped so the houses will still get built.

Owners, Gaming International, also bought Torquay Utd with the promise of a new stadium but, surprise surprise, that has been dropped in favour of yet more residential housing.

Yes, as I've pointed out many times GI, are Swindon based, so of course will have no interest if SBC sells the CG to Power.

I don't think we'll need to get too excited about this latest plan, unlikely to happen, however desirable.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 09:07:34 »

How dare a business man want to make money...

So what if there are houses that he can sell. Someone is investing money into making the players, hopefully, better.
I don't think anyone has queried Power making money out of the golf course. Just commenting that plans are just that until something actually gets built.

If he can't get planning permission for residential, it wont be built.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 09:16:19 »

Which is understandable.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 09:20:38 »

Yes, as I've pointed out many times GI, are Swindon based, so of course will have no interest if SBC sells the CG to Power.

I don't think we'll need to get too excited about this latest plan, unlikely to happen, however desirable.

I know from my job, to get a design to that stage, a lot of money, and a lot of man hours will have gone in so far. That's not just the end product of a single person on sketch up. So someone is serious about getting it done.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 09:21:38 »

I don't think anyone has queried Power making money out of the golf course. Just commenting that plans are just that until something actually gets built.

If he can't get planning permission for residential, it wont be built.

Exactly.  I can't help but think back to the old A ground, a fine training facility, consisting of one pitch, with floodlights, a small stand,  incorporating a club house type facility with changing rooms, some limited parking, but the players would walk to and fro from the CG.  Realistically, you don't need a whole lot more.  OK fine if you can get the sexy extras, but they're not going to materially affect what happens on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: