Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146923 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 20:23:38 »

you may be onto something....
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 20:41:22 »

Have you tried turning on the wireless.... I've found this helps.

Given that Power's exit strategy now involves fronting up the CG purchase for a developer, I'd be very surprised if anything ever happens at Highworth.
He owns the land so something will happen, it just depends what.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 20:46:15 »

He owns the land so something will happen, it just depends what.

Owning land in Swindon and district, usually means sitting on it until a house builder shows interest.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 21:00:53 »

Owning land in Swindon and district, usually means sitting on it until a house builder shows interest.
If he can make a profit then who's to blame him? It'll slightly tarnish his boast about being the first owner to buy Town a training ground that they actually own mind.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
scillyred

« Reply #274 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 08:13:08 »

There is nothing wrong with making money - just not under the 'cloak of invisibility' of our club !
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 10:28:51 »

Wasn't the previous owner a massive town fan who's wife after he passed away sold the land to power for the training ground in a kinda tribute to her late husband ?  If that's the case would be pretty low to use land for anything else.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #276 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 10:42:41 »

Wasn't the previous owner a massive town fan who's wife after he passed away sold the land to power for the training ground in a kinda tribute to her late husband ?  If that's the case would be pretty low to use land for anything else.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15233692.No_commitment_yet_from_Eady_Trust_to_Town_project/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 11:44:06 »

That from 13 months ago. No change since?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 12:12:16 »

Nope. He's still dead.
Flashheart

« Reply #279 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 12:18:06 »

Nope. He's still dead.

Clap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 12:28:10 »

well played, well played indeed
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 12:41:29 »

OK, so somebody on Twitter responded , won't use their name as they have a locked account, but AFAIK its just a fellow fan (no not Tans!).

At the last council meeting  planning permission wasn't granted due to light pollution and a few other q's, so the plans will need re-work to address that.
==
I assume that is public record somewhere.

So it seems that its a bit off just yet, assuming the finances are in place. But as was pointed out, the bloke from Axis being around probably helps.

edit: Oh wait, that could be from June 2017
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15331803.Concerns_raised_over_Swindon_Town_s_training_ground_plans/
« Last Edit: Friday, June 1, 2018, 12:47:18 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 13:54:51 »

OK, so somebody on Twitter responded , won't use their name as they have a locked account, but AFAIK its just a fellow fan (no not Tans!).

At the last council meeting  planning permission wasn't granted due to light pollution and a few other q's, so the plans will need re-work to address that.
==
I assume that is public record somewhere.

So it seems that its a bit off just yet, assuming the finances are in place. But as was pointed out, the bloke from Axis being around probably helps.

edit: Oh wait, that could be from June 2017
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15331803.Concerns_raised_over_Swindon_Town_s_training_ground_plans/

The minutes of the last Planning meeting (April 2018 next one is June because of the local elections) make no mention of the training ground application, however there was mention of the application next to the ground (was it FITC or something) so someone may be getting confused?

The planning application for CoU of the golf course to training ground (S/16/0589 | Change of use from Golf driving range to Football Training Facilities and associated works. ) was granted on 28 June 2016. But the planning file seems to show some post decision fucking about which I cannot really make head nor tail of- although from experience of SBC planning that could merely be their piss poor admin, as none of the later documents seem to relate to the application proposal and pre-date the Decision Notice!

There is a Condition stating that the parking area needs to be laid out and completed before the site is occupied for training purposes, but I can find no planning reason why they should not be on site training now. 

As for light pollution what professional football club trains at night?

BTW if Power has secured the land with aspirations for residential development he is either playing an incredibly long game here or being very badly advised.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 14:15:10 »

I thought that when the 4G pitches were up and running they would be available to us commoners for 5-a-side and suchlike. Need lights for that.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, June 1, 2018, 14:20:03 »

I thought that when the 4G pitches were up and running they would be available to us commoners for 5-a-side and suchlike. Need lights for that.

Possibly so but as the planning permission was only sought for a temporary use creating two grass pitches for occupation from July 2016 its outside the scope of what was applied for. In theory the consent runs out in summer 2019 anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: