Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146910 times)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 16:24:40 »

Can't believe that the local council have taken that stace on the training ground obviously they wouldn't agree with the houses but the training ground shouldn't be a problem at all! Very short short sighted.
As for the houses who can blame him who wouldn't try it. I believe the previous owners tried it, I wish him and the club the best of luck.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 16:30:33 »

So the locals have no problem as long as there isn't light pollution, increased levels of noise, marginally more traffic, and that they don't have to drive a little bit to access the community 4G pitch that they currently don't have anyway! Fucking NIMBY's.

Always the same thing with any development isn't it. Cant stand the cunts.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 16:45:45 »

There are no residents there. It's just passed the Blackworth Industrial Estate and a fair way away from Sevenfields.

All this bollocks and yet they have built a small town of new houses next to the greyhound/speedway stadium.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 16:51:41 »

There's like maybe a cottage or 2 near by but no real residential within a good couple of km.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 16:54:27 »

If the facility is just for STFC there won't be any light or noise pollution - the players all fuck off by 2pm so they can get down the pub/bookies.
garethgillman

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 16:55:02 »

There's like maybe a cottage or 2 near by but no real residential within a good couple of km.

Sent from my SM-G930F

They are pretty close but have a massive roundabout and will be quiite far back into the land so not sure what the issue is with floodlights and noise, especially since it's never going to be late night (after 10pm). Are the just refusing for any spurious reason?
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 16:55:50 »

If the facility is just for STFC there won't be any light or noise pollution - the players all fuck off by 2pm so they can get down the pub/bookies.

It's going to be community use so any local teams could use it, hence using a 4G, bit like the Swindome and the Cirencester Arena.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 17:02:08 »

There were football pitches initially on that site and Woollen Sports had a very successful team in the Hellenic League. When they won their Division they wanted to move on up through the pyramid but required floodlights to do so. Guess what? Local objection prevailed (mainly from cottage nearby iirc), upheld by Highworth Town Council, hence team folded. Touch of deja vu here.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 17:59:52 »

There were football pitches initially on that site and Woollen Sports had a very successful team in the Hellenic League. When they won their Division they wanted to move on up through the pyramid but required floodlights to do so. Guess what? Local objection prevailed (mainly from cottage nearby iirc), upheld by Highworth Town Council, hence team folded. Touch of deja vu here.

There's 4 rather expensive looking houses adjacent to the old Woollen Sports pitch just before the main entrance to the golf course. Would bet that this is where the objections come from as I'm sure at least one of them will belong to someone with influence.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 19:35:33 »

There's 4 rather expensive looking houses adjacent to the old Woollen Sports pitch just before the main entrance to the golf course. Would bet that this is where the objections come from as I'm sure at least one of them will belong to someone with influence.
The house nearest the golf course came in the deal so I asume power own that, but Yeh I should think the others would complain at the back of the land there are two farms so they'd be complaining to

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 17:14:13 »

Just noticed Aldi are building a new store in Highworth - north of Blackworth Ind. Est. Isn't that Power country?
corner

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 17:19:11 »

Yeh I thought the same, can't be to far away.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 17:43:59 »

Yeh I thought the same, can't be to far away.

Will be fun to see as the ones opposing the club having floodlights for a training ground wouldn't be too impressed with a supermarket with 100 spaces even closer.

The only thing between "Power's land" and the supermarket is 2 houses, will be fun to see if they oppose the Aldi plans
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 19:15:37 »

Just have the training ground in Waterford.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Friday, September 15, 2017, 16:52:48 »

Anybody heard anymore on this lately?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: