Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146934 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 10:28:14 »

Or DPDS jumping the gun as usual, same as they did on the TipStad fiasco

The line saying DPDS had been involved for years with STFC planning matters is hardly encouraging.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 10:38:38 »

What is DPDS?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 10:43:02 »

What is DPDS?
They're a planning consultancy. They were the ones who did the grand unveiling of the TipStad scheme with Mike Bawden et al back in the day. Shortly before it went TipsUp. Due to not having been properly thought out and a bit unlawful. Oh, and TalkTalk Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 10:47:51 »

The club would have to buy land to put the new ground on, guess who owns a lot of the land in the Swindon borough? Now lets say that the club get hold of some land, they need planning permission to build anything in on that land, guess who runs that? The club have come up with many plans to either rebuild the cg or move to a new stadium over the years and the council always step in the way e.g.

- was going to be something up by the M4 J15 - didn't happen as it's not brownfield land, but they can build a hospital
- was going to be where whitchelstow is now - didn't happen
- was going to be north swindon (shaw) - didn't happen
Of the 3 plans you list, none went further than a back page story in the Adver other than the Shaw (TipStad) scheme, which was launched jointly with the then leader of the council. So hardly the council standing in the club's way! It foundered because it was posited on the council selling the club the CG for housing, but at an undeveloped price. Which they weren't lawfully allowed to do. Oh, and Shaw is in West Swindon, not North Swindon.

The only chance of the club getting anything new would be to build it out of the Swindon borough (so either down by chippenham or up by Hungerford).
Bollocks. We have an excellent site for a stadium, which should benefit the club, the town and fans if properly developed. The club is Swindon Town, Chippenham and Hungerford already have teams.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 12:07:45 »

They're a planning consultancy. They were the ones who did the grand unveiling of the TipStad scheme with Mike Bawden et al back in the day. Shortly before it went TipsUp. Due to not having been properly thought out and a bit unlawful. Oh, and TalkTalk Smiley

But this time they have seemingly launched it with Fraser Digby involved who seems to be working for Power on this project, I assume it is just in an 'overseeing' capacity and Power trusts him to represent his interests with him being out of the country, not sure if it is just on the training ground  or for the winder development of the land as well.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 12:18:06 »

DPDS are up in Old Town, by the Arts Centre.  They seem all right, the consistent failing in STFC planning proposals is more likely STFC and/or the Council Leadership.

This all looks generally positive I would have thought.  You can bet if the Eady money gets used it will tie the club up in knots to ensure it is for the benefit of the club.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 13:15:36 »

But this time they have seemingly launched it with Fraser Digby involved who seems to be working for Power on this project, I assume it is just in an 'overseeing' capacity and Power trusts him to represent his interests with him being out of the country, not sure if it is just on the training ground  or for the winder development of the land as well.

My niece text me yesterday saying just had a meeting with Digby, I asked what about and she replied training ground. Apparently she now does some part time work for Highworth council.
Beyond that she wouldn't elaborate  Hmmm
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 15:48:18 »

What is DPDS?

A Planning consultancy http://www.dpds.co.uk/ , I had an interview with them when I left University about 20 years back but they didn't give me a job, STFC would no doubt have a new ground already if they had employed me .....  Cheesy (not really!)

The Adver story is very sketchy in areas so I suspect that not too much should be read into its content, I think the only conclusions can be drawn are that a) the Club and Eady Trustees are talking and b) someone has spoken to Highworth Town Council about it. Both entirely logical things to do, but probably too soon to be drawing any conclusions (be them negative or positive).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 16:02:08 »

I think the only conclusions can be drawn are that a) the Club and Eady Trustees are talking and b) someone has spoken to Highworth Town Council about it.
On b), it seems according to Sam Morsehead's twitter, that this accounts for the slightly odd timing of the club statement on Tuesday night - they (the club and DPDS) had a meeting with Highworth Council on Tues to update Highworth Council on their (club/DPDS) progress/proposals and the club decided that they should go public about what was happening rather than have half details and rumours leak out. Which seems reasonable, tbf.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 18:43:32 »

I thought half details and rumours is what has leaked out from the club?
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 20:39:25 »

Is that security van still parked by the gates ?
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 20:49:48 »

I thought half details and rumours is what has leaked out from the club?

No its goals that have leaked!

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 21:25:58 »

Power wanting to upgrade planning for 18 holiday lets to "residential" shock [apparently to help fund training ground project and no mention here of Eady Trust funding in the article] and local councillors objecting to floodlights etc on the training ground aspect.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15331803.Concerns_raised_over_Swindon_Town_s_training_ground_plans/

Any comments from the better connected or informed as ever welcome.  Which came first I wonder, the planning opportunity or the training ground suitability?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 21:29:18 by RedRag » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 13:42:43 »

Have a relative at Highworth council. She told me the plan the club outlined was half the site being sold to STFC with Power holding the rest. The 2 buildings currently on site to be adapted for admin and changing rooms etc or just flattened and purpose built.
A proposal was put forward to convert the planning permission from holiday let's to residential though this lays outside the current highworth housing plan. The house sales being used to fund the cost of facilities.
The club were 100% sure they had the Eady money which sounded as if that was being used to purchase the land from Power, Highworth council hadn't seen Eady documents last I heard but as it's for community use as well as club then a 4G pitch was proposed for community use in amongst the other pitches.

Haven't heard anything for a while so not up to speed.
My guess is Power will chuck in planning for housing if and when club get permission on their  part.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 14:21:42 »

Power wanting to upgrade planning for 18 holiday lets to "residential" shock [apparently to help fund training ground project and no mention here of Eady Trust funding in the article] and local councillors objecting to floodlights etc on the training ground aspect.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15331803.Concerns_raised_over_Swindon_Town_s_training_ground_plans/

Any comments from the better connected or informed as ever welcome.  Which came first I wonder, the planning opportunity or the training ground suitability?

Firstly the article barely makes sense, oh and the first paragraph is total bollocks as at best all Highworth TC can do is object to the proposals, SBC will always be making the final decision.

I don't have time to go back through the planning permission for the lodges (scrub that its here is anyone is interested http://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/51A35AAC83CAEFC86E4B3DE0143B4AAD/pdf/S_14_0823--505712.pdf )but I strongly suggest that to build houses would be heavily contrary to planning policy and unlikely to gain success (I suspect why consent was only sought for lodges in the first place), unless they can present it as some manner of enabling development case but to do that they would have to major on the public benefits, get the community on board etc.

We got something similar through last year for a village boozer in Buckinghamshire, which had closed and the community bought to reopen and to make viable needed 15 new houses to pay for it, the Planning Officers recommended it for refusal as it was contrary to policy but it got through as all the PC members the Local Councillors all supported it and the Planning Committee went with the level of community support. However ours was at least on the edge of the village, this one is in the open countryside and thus is likely to be bloody hard unless they can get the locals and Council on board.

Also I have no idea what she is wittering on about regarding traffic as highways didn't object to the original application and no highways Conditions were imposed?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: