Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146932 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 08:20:28 »

if the club own it, not power or holding company, it could be good.
From the statement, seems the Nigel Eady Trust will own it or at least will own the site - does that mean the facilities on the site will be owned separately?

"The site has been secured initially by Chairman, Lee Power, and will be vested in the Nigel Eady Trust who are partnering the Club in the project. "
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 08:31:43 »

Let's hope then that Power has realized he isn't going to be able to build what  he wants
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 08:33:45 »

Sounds to me as if the Eady money has bought that part of the golf course earmarked for the training ground and will also pay for kitting it out.

Win win situation. Power retains a good chunk of the land, gets some money back off Eady and the club get a spanking new bespoke training ground whilst saving on the rent they are presently paying for training.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 08:54:08 »

As ever, I'll believe it when I see it.  Bit of PR spin to try and offset our imminent arrival in Div 4.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:26:05 »

This was in Jan 2016, whats the holdup been then

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/14186272.display/
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:29:54 »

Why has the Watford Observer got an article on us?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:39:27 »

not sure mate, its here also http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/sport/14186272.Power_aims_to_have_Town_at_new_base_in_summer/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 09:41:29 by tans » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 10:29:56 »

I would guess that STFC will not own the land (as STFC is presumably effectively owned by Power and his to profit from).

I expect the Eady Trust will own the relevant part (offices and pitches).  The terms of the Eady Trust appear that it is to hold the land for the benefit of the club and, it seems, also "community". 

The cost of the building work may be subject to some "joint venture" agreement between the Eady Trust and Power.  There may well be a lease giving STFC responsibility for meeting the maintenance of the site (groundsman, business rates, buildings) but with a peppercorn rent. 

If the club's use of the premises could be funded by other associated fund raising activities associated with the Eady Trust's interest in the site, then that could be a fantastic benefit.  The Eady Trust will not allow itself to pass on any "capital" benefit from which 3rd parties like Power or future owners could personally benefit, I'm sure.  Hopefully the Eady Trust would be able to withdraw any benefit to STFC and allocate it to the Trust if ever STFC were being shafted by an owner.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 10:36:06 »

I would guess that STFC will not own the land (as STFC is presumably effectively owned by Power and his to profit from).

I expect the Eady Trust will own the relevant part (offices and pitches).  The terms of the Eady Trust appear that it is to hold the land for the benefit of the club and, it seems, also "community". 

The cost of the building work may be subject to some "joint venture" agreement between the Eady Trust and Power.  There may well be a lease giving STFC responsibility for meeting the maintenance of the site (groundsman, business rates, buildings) but with a peppercorn rent. 

If the club's use of the premises could be funded by other associated fund raising activities associated with the Eady Trust's interest in the site, then that could be a fantastic benefit.  The Eady Trust will not allow itself to pass on any "capital" benefit from which 3rd parties like Power or future owners could personally benefit, I'm sure.  Hopefully the Eady Trust would be able to withdraw any benefit to STFC and allocate it to the Trust if ever STFC were being shafted by an owner.

Sam Morshead has said on Twitter that the trust are buying the land off Power rather than the initial agreement of a peppercorn rent. I guess this is to give the club / trust the stability that the land can't be sold off / rent increased at a later date.

The trust / club will own the buildings, like the club own the stands but not the land of the CG, the club would be the maintainers of the facilities (like the CG). The facilities are supposedly going to be for community benefit so expect them to be rented out to other clubs / groups so it's in constant use and brings in additional revenue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 11:32:55 »

Interesting and re-assuring further background there, thanks.

I would hope our "Trust" and the Eady Trust are in contact.  The acquisition of the CG could be a further plank in securing the club's future unless the new training ground signals any shift away, ground-wise, for the club.

It's a shame Power the individual always seems so "closed" as his "model", though tarnished somewhat, does have its attractions.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 11:39:07 »

Interesting and re-assuring further background there, thanks.

I would hope our "Trust" and the Eady Trust are in contact.  The acquisition of the CG could be a further plank in securing the club's future unless the new training ground signals any shift away, ground-wise, for the club.

It's a shame Power the individual always seems so "closed" as his "model", though tarnished somewhat, does have its attractions.

That's a possibility for the Eady trust and the truststfc to work together but it depends on how much is in the kitty and if the trust want the financial backing from it, the problem with the CG is although the ET and TSTFC could own the land of the CG, the club will still own the stands which then puts them in trouble if they fall out with the owner and they decide to move elsewhere...... the ET would want to own the stands and rent them to the club as part of the ground rent (which I believe is the trust stfc plan for the SB and TE).

The trust stfc seem to have the funds in place to buy the CG land without any help, they just need the council to agree to sell it to them at a figure they both find respectable.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:36:21 »

The trust stfc seem to have the funds in place to buy the CG land without any help, they just need the council to agree to sell it to them at a figure they both find respectable.

If true that is a concern as surely it would mean certain individuals would be loaning the money to the Trust so you would imaging have a hold over the CG until perhaps paid back.

But I read they was to offer bonds so fans could be able to have a stake in owning the club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:42:37 »

Owning the ground, not the club.

Doesn't the Trust generally work on a on member one vote system?

I think it is far more likely that the Trust would be given the money to purchase the ground (or raise it through members). They will not loan it, that would be madness.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:48:00 »

The sooner this gets sorted the better. Training exclusively on a 3G pitch can only contributed to our dismal performances and our ridiculous number of injuries. It's nothing like real grass and much harder on the body.
Now it appears that it will be immune from the risk of third party ownership this can only be a positive.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12:48:37 »

the problem with the CG is although the ET and TSTFC could own the land of the CG, the club will still own the stands which then puts them in trouble if they fall out with the owner and they decide to move elsewhere.

This seems to be a recurring issue raised, the two stands of any useful function are the Arkells and DRS, however one is in excess of 40 years old and the other at least 20, in any such structure the only bits that can be reused are the steel framing and in all cases this has to be extracted from the cladding material and have all the concrete and brick removed. From professional experience demolition costs a lot more than people think and on that basis alone I would conclude that neither of the stands have any real value and in both cases it would probably be cheaper to buy new than try and extract these from the CG site (at great cost), transport somewhere else (at cost) and then rebuild (at further cost). It just ain't going to happen.

If true that is a concern as surely it would mean certain individuals would be loaning the money to the Trust so you would imaging have a hold over the CG until perhaps paid back.

This has always been my concern likewise, plus if the Trust have got the money to buy the CG they have kept that bloody quiet from all those signing up to support the cause?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: