Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146945 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 13:11:01 »

What are the Trust guys up to these days - other than raising the money for stratton bank improvements, not sure if they have meetings with stfc and would be able to ask questions ?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 16:24:53 »

So looks like they are planning two temporary pitches on the existing driving range at this stage?
http://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/C32095DC1FA9183B3FD9AA0600B4EABD/pdf/S_16_0589-TEMPORARY_PITCHES-536188.pdf

http://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/A324C335ABF2D8A3E5377392C84B5108/pdf/S_16_0589-PROPOSED_PITCH_DEVELOPMENT-536165.pdf

Application documents at http://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=O55PBGPT0EE00
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, July 2, 2016, 21:14:55 »

I see the training ground change of use has been granted by the council last week. Good news!
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, July 3, 2016, 19:45:13 »

So whats it going to be used for then ?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, July 3, 2016, 19:57:55 »

What are the Trust guys up to these days - other than raising the money for stratton bank improvements, not sure if they have meetings with stfc and would be able to ask questions ?

Raising money for a roof on the bank. Never going to happen even if they raise the funds. Too much red tape involved between club and council. Money could be better spent on the other 3 stands that do get used.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, July 4, 2016, 09:39:35 »

So whats it going to be used for then ?
Training?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 20:39:29 »

Anymore news on the progress of this? Does anybody on here drive past the site & can see things taking shape?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 23:09:40 »

Anymore news on the progress of this? Does anybody on here drive past the site & can see things taking shape?

The game v Bassett last night was by way of a thank you for us being able to use their facilities for training....I'd imagine such grovelling means that is still the state of affairs.

The Highworth thing, is definitely a case of believe it when you see it, Steve Morgan...ex owner of Wolves reckons the project of plastering England with housing is still going swimmingly despite Brexit.

I'm not certain I'd wholly believe the new press fella if he tells me our owner doesn't want a piece of that action.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 05:48:05 »

This is from the infamous facebook group. Cant see it myself
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 05:55:14 by tans » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 07:18:26 »

Buying a golf course is like buying a house.....

But really, surely there there are lawyers involved and conveyancers and the like? The money would surely get paid during the process otherwise it would not complete?

I don't actually know for sure, but I'm calling bullshit.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 07:48:07 »

I was thinking the same. Surely if anyone had any sense it would go through solicitors. You don't just give someone a golf course and ask for the money after.

For one the deeds would need to be changed, which requires a solicitor/conveyancer.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 07:52:27 »

From recollection the planning forms submitted with the application included certificate a being completed which is the applicant declaring they own the land, as it was submitted on behalf of the club by an agent they would know what they are doing, if the declaration was false it would invalidate the consent.

Plus if the previous owner has transferred ownership without receiving the cash they are either incredibly naive or will have a lovely claim against their solicitor!

As for a lack of work on the ground the consent they have only relates to change of use and laying out a couple of pitches, so apart from some groundwork I am not sure what you would actually see without going into the site?
Flashheart

« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 07:56:08 »

So Peter Brown is just making shit up then?

What a fuck-nugget. No doubt there's plenty on that site that will lap it up with utter disregard as to whether or not it's actually true.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 08:01:40 »

Buying a golf course is like buying a house.....

But really, surely there there are lawyers involved and conveyancers and the like? The money would surely get paid during the process otherwise it would not complete?

I don't actually know for sure, but I'm calling bullshit.
Why did I read that first line as "buying a gold course is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman"....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 08:18:00 »

So Peter Brown is just making shit up then?

What a fuck-nugget. No doubt there's plenty on that site that will lap it up with utter disregard as to whether or not it's actually true.

No idea, how old are they all, looking at the snippet of profile pics they are all grown adults but most of the posts show a grasp of the English language and an understanding of the real world that would put many under 10's to shame.

They are just lucky that Power is not as lively as Owen Oyston or there could be some nasty letters popping through doors!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: