Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New training ground  (Read 146927 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 13:22:36 »

Yes LP has said several times the eady money is not being used for the training ground.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 13:35:41 »

Not sure if that is a good thing or not.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 13:44:15 »

I thought Power has said in one of his radio chats the Eady money was being kept back and used on the ground - I also hope that the likes of the Trust ensure that the training ground is owned by STFC and not owned by L Power & Co and leased to STFC, this for me is very important
I don't know what power the Trust have to ensure that, LP is the owner and as such he can do what he wants as long as it is within the law of the land!  We could well be in the shit like Northampton who thought they had been taken over by foreign investors only to find out five days before a demand for £10 million from the council is due to be paid that it has all fallen through.  Perhaps Jed and co will ride in to their rescue!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 15:46:12 »

I don't know what power the Trust have to ensure that, LP is the owner and as such he can do what he wants as long as it is within the law of the land!  We could well be in the shit like Northampton who thought they had been taken over by foreign investors only to find out five days before a demand for £10 million from the council is due to be paid that it has all fallen through.  Perhaps Jed and co will ride in to their rescue!

I think you will find that the demand from the council was deliberate in conjunction with their trust due to a long winded takeover that was confidential so no one was bring told who it was - and then conveniently a few days later they pull out, I think the club borrowed money from the council to build a stand or something and nothing happened
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:41:00 »

I thought Power has said in one of his radio chats the Eady money was being kept back and used on the ground - I also hope that the likes of the Trust ensure that the training ground is owned by STFC and not owned by L Power & Co and leased to STFC, this for me is very important

I suspect that if Power has bought the land with his own cash there is little anyone can do regarding ownership etc.

Whenever a planning application is made it should at least clarify who the landowner is?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:45:34 »

Hope it doesn't lead to a Kassam-type position
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 17:42:50 »

Jeez you are worse than my mrs for worrying about every single thing.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 18:40:16 »

Well, everything seems to be going tits up at the moment and football chairmen aren't exactly known for their largesse.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 20:04:08 »

Jeez you are worse than my mrs for worrying about every single thing.
Seems a reasonable enough thing to at least have a mild concern about - could also see arguments over valuation of the training ground cropping up in future takeovers running into difficulties as well. But on a glass-half-full basis, pleased to see it's going ahead, slightly concerned about where the money's coming from too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 20:49:39 »

Seems a reasonable enough thing to at least have a mild concern about - could also see arguments over valuation of the training ground cropping up in future takeovers running into difficulties as well. But on a glass-half-full basis, pleased to see it's going ahead, slightly concerned about where the money's coming from too.

So are you thinking that the monies raised by player sales, are being put into the acquisition of this patch of land, under the disguise of a training ground, while the club heads off to the Conference South....and it's then sold on to developers for a fat profit?

Have to admit hadn't thought of that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 20:52:22 »

So are you thinking that the monies raised by player sales, are being put into the acquisition of this patch of land, under the disguise of a training ground, while the club heads off to the Conference South....and it's then sold on to developers for a fat profit?

No I wasn't. But now I'm worrying about that too. Thanks Reg!
REDBUCK

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 20:55:10 »

The club could be also paying rent to the land owner for use of said. training facility. 
Flashheart

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 21:00:36 »

Nah.

If his plan involved raising the cash through player sales, then why not just keep going as he was and continue raising money through player sales? Why go with an extravagant development scheme (that could go wrong) when he could just wack the profit from player sales into his bank account each season instead?
Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 21:07:56 »

If he was on a scam, there's no need for him to mention any training ground or whatever. Why open a can of worms when there's no need? The 'getting my investment back' argument would suffice and he's clearly not stupid.

The 'Kassam' argument could have some legs, but STFC would have to be in a reasonable position to pay able to pay rent at all which pretty much rules out him making anything if we are playing in non-league.

My concern is that the club having sale-able assets could leave us vulnerable to developers in the future. Developers that could take over the club for a quid or whatever and then cash in on assets - the debt owed.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 21:08:33 »

The club could be also paying rent to the land owner for use of said. training facility. 
I'd take that as a given and as long as it's a fair market rate, entirely reasonable tbh.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: