Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Holby City  (Read 4690 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 07:17:23 »

It's just brilliant imho that whenever England play a pointless international there seems to be a competition going as to who gives the fewest fucks, which has to be the most English thing to dick-wave over ever. "no,  I CARE LESS"

This.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 08:15:22 »

Rooney lots of critics - often probably deservedly -  as a classic example of over pampered, over paid premiership player who rarely shines in comparison on the biggest stage to true world greats BUT to consistently score goals for your country over a decade and more is a true achievement. Compare how he has maintained his career since exciting everyone as a 16 year old kid scoring a belter v David Season with how Everton's other great hope of the early noughties managed. Last I heard I think Franny Jeffers was failing to get a game for Accrington Stanley? I'm not sure Ronaldo and Messi's World/Euro/S.America Cup finals record is too much better than Wazza's.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 08:38:26 »

I'm not sure Ronaldo and Messi's World/Euro/S.America Cup finals record is too much better than Wazza's.

Indeed, they are vastly over-rated as well

I come from a land down-under
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 14:05:23 »

Indeed, they are vastly over-rated as well
Oh come off it. Ronaldo and Messi are in a different league to Rooney! They would get in any world XI, Rooney wouldn't even make the bench!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 14:10:08 »

I watched every minute, but then I do live in Wales and I think it's made me more "patriotic".

It's just brilliant imho that whenever England play a pointless international there seems to be a competition going as to who gives the fewest fucks, which has to be the most English thing to dick-wave over ever. "no,  I CARE LESS"

Love this.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 16:19:57 »

Sorry, but I really don't care less. Qualification to major tournaments now is a joke, with the amount of postage stamp sized countries included. Fuck me, it even looks like the taffies will manage it this time round. Rooney breaking the goal scoring record last night just showed what the international game has become: second rate teams beating third and fourth rate teams before reaching the finals and being shown up by first rate teams.
I look forward to the media over hyping England before the finals start, only to slaughter them once they get there.
Not trying to be 'more English', just how I feel about it.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 16:28:30 »

Sorry, but I really don't care less. Qualification to major tournaments now is a joke, with the amount of postage stamp sized countries included. Fuck me, it even looks like the taffies will manage it this time round. Rooney breaking the goal scoring record last night just showed what the international game has become: second rate teams beating third and fourth rate teams before reaching the finals and being shown up by first rate teams.
I look forward to the media over hyping England before the finals start, only to slaughter them once they get there.
Not trying to be 'more English', just how I feel about it.

Platini's, Blatteresque expansion of Euro qualifying to grease voting palms, really has just about finished the Euros.  It used to be a decent tournament.  Gibraltar FFS, it's not a country.

Having said that, there is something decent about Iceland putting one over on the Dutch, who lost much neutral support in 2010.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 16:41:38 »

I was thinking of going to the Euros next year, but with all the associated hassle and little chance of getting tickets - apart from le marche noir - has put me right off.

Think I'll still go to France - La Rochelle, I reckon - but bollocks to football.

Reg, are the Faroe Islands a bespoke country a la Pointless?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 16:43:58 by Pleasantly Plump Audrey » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 17:42:32 »

I was thinking of going to the Euros next year, but with all the associated hassle and little chance of getting tickets - apart from le marche noir - has put me right off.

Think I'll still go to France - La Rochelle, I reckon - but bollocks to football.

Reg, are the Faroe Islands a bespoke country a la Pointless?

Nah. They belong to Denmark.  Greenland is an interesting one, because historically that belonged to Denmark, but I think the Skraelings have now a high degree of autonomy, so although technically Danish, they're not in the EU.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: