Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jordan Stewart  (Read 34070 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, February 4, 2016, 12:52:11 »

So Jordan Stewart isn't ready to even sit on the bench but a 16 tear old first year apprentice is? And when said 16 year old  comes on he does his best and grabs his chance by being positive. Much the same as Stewart did in a no win situation at Millwall but hasn't been given opportunity to do since. Is he actually still even there or like Traore is he dealing with stuff elsewhere?

Turnbull obviously travelled to Vale but then not risked. Surely it was worth the likes of Tom Smith being there? Have the youth team got no centre halves? Chances of Nathan Thompson suffering yet another injury seem pretty high to me surely had to be worth some sort of cover. Its all very well saying you want a small tight knit squad but not when you obviously don't have sufficient cover in key positions.

Sadly due to a combination of factors, we're back to looking like a rudderless ship heading for the rocks, 2 of the next 4 we've ColU away and Blackpool home, I'm writing off anything from Priestfield and London Road. The 2 v fellow relegation candidates require at least 4 points, otherwise things could get nasty...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, February 4, 2016, 13:11:04 »

So Jordan Stewart isn't ready to even sit on the bench but a 16 tear old first year apprentice is?

Quote from: Williams
“Jordan has had a difficult time settling,” he added.

“It is not only a change of environment and coming out of the comfort zone in terms of his family and friends and network of people around him, he has also struggled with settling into full-time football and understanding that every single day of the week you have to perform and compete.

“It has taken a period of time for Jordan to adjust and we are hoping he does get there because we know he has got qualities of a player. Unless you can function day-to-day then there is no guarantees that you are going to make it.”

Doesn't sound to me like he's over impressed Williams in training, to the extent that he'd rather have a 16 year old on the bench in preference.

Nothing against Young mind.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, February 4, 2016, 13:57:36 »

I've not bought the club's line of bedding him in slowly. We've been quite happy to have Iandolo on the bench, who must be at the same stage of development or even behind.
So Jordan Stewart isn't ready to even sit on the bench but a 16 tear old first year apprentice is?
Different players develop differently. There's not an age chart you can mark off and say "Right, now you're 18, you will be here". Bit fatuous to make these kinds of comparisons, really. They're just different players/people
Flashheart

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:09:36 »

Torn his cartilage and 'done' his MCL, whatever one of those is. According to the man himself on twitter.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:10:50 »

Out till at least after christmas i should think
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:10:54 »

MCL - Medial Cruciate Ligament?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 17:14:08 »

!!!DENY ALL INTERNATIONAL CALL-UPS!!!!

The fact that he linked up with Norn Iron injured was baffling (I'm sure I read that somewhere).
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:45:42 »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medial_collateral_ligament apparently
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:51:11 »

That would be the one.
I've had a couple. Extremely painful, but in theory he could return to training within a week. Really depends.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:52:46 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #114 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 20:09:04 »

Looks like he could be playing in the development game tomorrow.

Our prayers have been answered.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 20:25:50 »

I've still not seen him play. sounded like he was coming into a bit of form and had knuckled down before the injury
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 20:26:12 »

Stewart and Young. Both could be very useful if we continue to play wide forwards/Murray as a support striker. On Saturday, there was no way to replace Iandolo but with putting Norris on. Young is reportedly naturally a wide striker, Stewart is built like one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 11:27:39 »

he's alive, aliiiiiiiiiiiiive

in the walking dead 'stiffs' squad (rebranded to 'development squad')

TOWN STARTING XI | Henry; Barry, Rossi-Branco (C), Hathaway, Spalding; Georgaklis, Evans, Ouldridge, Young; Stewart, Norris.

#STFC 🔴⚪️
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: