Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The refugee crisis.  (Read 51322 times)
Amir

« Reply #345 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 09:31:35 »

I've become a little obsessed with it since moving out here, seeing how the Christians prey on people, particularly children. I didn't really think about it in England.

The question wasn't about that anyway, it was about what can drive people to make death threats.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 09:39:48 »

I've become a little obsessed with it since moving out here, seeing how the Christians prey on people, particularly children. I didn't really think about it in England.

The question wasn't about that anyway, it was about what can drive people to make death threats.

I am not sure where 'here' is, however that is one of the ironies of it all is the great efforts being made to get the kids into the local C of E school as its the 'best' and then making sure you tell the kids its all bollocks when they come home because that isn't going to confuse them!

If you don't want your kids to grow up religious don't send them to a religious school, or let them make their own minds up?

I just don't get it!

In terms of what can drive people to make death threats, in this era of internet keyboard warriors - just about anything!
Flashheart

« Reply #347 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 09:46:11 »

I've become a little obsessed with it since moving out here, seeing how the Christians prey on people, particularly children.

I've had some sniffing around my daughter lately. Offering to give her 'English lessons', only to find out on further investigation that the 'lessons' are all about Jeebus etc. Cheeky cunts. These are the Filipino Roman catholic variety that tend to go full on with the 'jeebus lubs you' crap. They've been told 'no', hopefully that should be that. 
Amir

« Reply #348 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 09:49:52 »

I am not sure where 'here' is, however that is one of the ironies of it all is the great efforts being made to get the kids into the local C of E school as its the 'best' and then making sure you tell the kids its all bollocks when they come home because that isn't going to confuse them!

If you don't want your kids to grow up religious don't send them to a religious school, or let them make their own minds up?

I just don't get it!

In terms of what can drive people to make death threats, in this era of internet keyboard warriors - just about anything!

Cambodia. Most Christians are 'rice' Christians, who say they believe to get food then just carry on as before Smiley The bribery part does repulse me though, especially when they bribe children with education.

You're right enough about the internet. My question wasn't particularly well phrased, to be honest.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 15:25:07 »

I just don't get it!

It's one of the quirks of the education system that we have faith schools in the UK....I'd abolish them. 

Originally, the C of E would help fund the developing compulsory education system and would have a certain amount of input, depending whether Contolled or Aided.

Of course, this led to the Catholics having their own schools...something which has never been a major problem in England, but not great in NI.

The Jews then claimed the same rights....but you don't get many Jewish schools outside London and they keep their heads down.

Now the Muslims have joined in, and you can see with things like the Birmingham Trojan horse schools, it's not desirable state of affairs.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 08:38:01 »

Religion and education should be separate. You do have the odd good example of faith shools like the C of E primary I went to as a lad, but other than in PSRE lessons the twain shouldn't meet.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 09:41:21 »

Isn't religion about believing everything you are told? Who on here believes everything they are told?   
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: