Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT Second Round - Oxford United Away  (Read 64868 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 20:18:34 »

I seem to remember quite liking Joey when he was with us, decent feet.  I also loved the game where he go kicked all over the shop when he returned.  A right little wall flower though.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, October 2, 2015, 10:43:30 »

Whoever is Stroudswindon please stahp!

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
lambourn red

« Reply #287 on: Friday, October 2, 2015, 20:30:36 »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/north-london-birmingham-tyne-wear-6493531

Sorry if this has been posted before but our derby with the Pox is in the list of top 20 rivalries in Britain according to this poll.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, October 2, 2015, 20:41:53 »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/north-london-birmingham-tyne-wear-6493531

Sorry if this has been posted before but our derby with the Pox is in the list of top 20 rivalries in Britain according to this poll.

Firstly it's not a poll, just some hacks opinion.  It's probably fair enough to say that Oxford fans define themselves by a dislike of STFC, but there are many Town fans who aren't bothered, as there are some who are.

We've only played them one season in league football in the last 14 or so years, a bit like Reading, but we've played The Biscuitmen 140 times in league football.....whereas just 50 times v Oxford.  Little history.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, October 2, 2015, 21:17:55 »

it seems some on here like to diminish the rivalry and I'm not really sure why?  To look cool, to look unfazed by recent defeats?

Whilst the rivalry has diminished in recent times the Swindon Pox rivalry WAS extremely intense and rather nasty on BOTH sides  It overshadowed even City where there have been some scary times and last season much hilarity. 

Never mind the friendly if occasionally fighty rivalry with the Biscuitmen.  What is "history" if it's uneventful, peacetime history?

Only the Pox has given us a quality player that caused Town fans to fight amongst themselves.  Christian Roberts by contrast was soon "alright now"

That rivalry might not truly be in the top ten now but it probably was once upon a time.  I hate yellow.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, October 2, 2015, 21:51:54 »

it seems some on here like to diminish the rivalry and I'm not really sure why?  To look cool, to look unfazed by recent defeats?

Always been the case. It's especially obvious when you look at other club's fans doing it - we don't care / they care more about us than we do about them / they're obsessed. I don't know why either, rivalries are great. I guess it's part of seeming like the superior club, to act like they're so shit they don't even register, but meh.. Unless it's Gillingham (they just need the rivals cos they never had any proper ones) or Franchise (not a club) I think rivalries should be embraced.

That said, there's the generational aspect of it as well. It seems depending on your age (or when you became a fan) you have a different hierarchy of hatred. Some people genuinely don't want to put Oxford on the top of the bonfire before they burn it.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 00:43:22 »

it seems some on here like to diminish the rivalry and I'm not really sure why?  

I try to provide historical perspective....having come from a time when we'd give Oxford a couple of players like John Lloyd and Owen Medlock to help them out.

OK they did rightly let Mick Kearns get a chance of glory in the Anglo Italian Cup, as a way of an acknowledgement.

But times change....we can now loan them a Mehdi Kerouche.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 00:47:22 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 00:48:14 »

I try to provide historical perspective....having come from a time when we'd give Oxford a couple of players like John Lloyd and Owen Medlock to help them out.

Times change....we can now loan them a Mehdi Kerouche.

Go to bed Reg. How can we loan them Kerouche?
Amir

« Reply #293 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 01:44:52 »

A Mehdi Kerouche, not the Medhi Kerouche. A fifth columnist.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 01:49:24 »

Kerrouche, it's Kerrouche.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 01:56:34 »

Ells is too clever to be a woman*

*sexist comment.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 09:58:41 »

I knew this, but having had a few couldn't be arsed to correct it thinking it wouldn't be noticed....good vigilance of standards Ells.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, October 3, 2015, 11:14:06 »

I knew this, but having had a few couldn't be arsed to correct it thinking it wouldn't be noticed....good vigilance of standards Ells.
Ha ha, absolute bollocks 

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
EldeneRed

« Reply #298 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 22:06:17 »

So, it's 20 hours and 40 minutes until kick off. Thoughts?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, October 5, 2015, 22:08:17 »

No.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: