Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT Second Round - Oxford United Away  (Read 65135 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 12:19:56 »

Can we ask for Gurnham Singh to referee and recreate when Beauchamp got kicked all over the CG and Singh just let the players get on with it?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Skinny Pete

« Reply #271 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 12:31:32 »

Ah, that hatchet man Mark Walters. Caught him with a good kick to the head, too.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 12:32:37 »

I was there, it was glorious
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 12:34:04 »

They'll both get a great reaction from us.

Wonder if Vigs can give us all his pennies...

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Skinny Pete

« Reply #274 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 12:35:18 »

Has  Beauchump asked his mum if he can be out that late?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 12:37:48 »

What a very odd thing to do, I assume its supposed to provoke something but not sure what, one was a player who showed himself so pathetic that he couldn't leave home as a grown man and the other one never actually played for us at all?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #276 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 12:39:39 »

From Billy Bonds, his manager at West Ham

Interviewed some years later, Bonds described the signing as “a total disaster” and pulled no punches in his assessment: “He said he couldn’t settle at West Ham, that the club was too big for him. The boy was a total wimp, and it was disastrous for the club…. What could I say to the kid? I couldn’t threaten him. I just told him he’d better keep his nut down because the fans weren’t going to be too happy with him.”

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 14:06:14 »

Keep his nut down

In Harry Redknapps first book he said beauchamp wanted the value of his contract (350k) paid to him before leaving west ham. Before he even played a game
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 14:29:02 »

I was there, it was glorious

It sure was. I think he actually came close to crying at one point.

Here it is again:

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 16:00:53 »

There's a particular irony with both Joey and James, that their refusal to move against the wishes of the club, considerably fucked the club up.  More so in the case of Joey, as Forest wanted to buy him for £800K....we'd have been due a slice, but the extra could have kept them out of the hands of Kassam.

In the case of James, it's been many years since they produced a saleable asset and the £250 K would have been money down the drain by PdC for essentially a Conference player, who soon found his level for nothing. Perhaps with the bit of money to spend Wilder could have got them into PO's for the first time.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 16:47:56 »

Beauchamp's a funny one.  Became a popular 'hate' figure very quickly after heading back to Oxford.  But he never was for me.

He was the ultimate confidence player (who responded well to Gorman's 'arm round the shoulder' approach to management) and, yes, he blew hot & cold.  But I do remember that, a lot of the time when he wore the red & white, he was really rather good for us.  Not up to the standards of Summerbee, who he effectively replaced.  But very useful.
Super Lou Macari

« Reply #281 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 17:30:21 »

Beauchamp's a funny one.  Became a popular 'hate' figure very quickly after heading back to Oxford.  But he never was for me.

He was the ultimate confidence player (who responded well to Gorman's 'arm round the shoulder' approach to management) and, yes, he blew hot & cold.  But I do remember that, a lot of the time when he wore the red & white, he was really rather good for us.  Not up to the standards of Summerbee, who he effectively replaced.  But very useful.
Bumchum was actually a very good player...if rather overweight and defeatist when he lost the ball and wouldn't track back.

Nice bloke though who I shared a few pints with back in the day, suffered a lot from pre match nerves.

Could have stayed and been a hero but unfortunately many town fans didn't like him and abused him which didn't help his or the clubs cause.

Never forget his one great game for us away at Charlton in the League Cup when him and JAF won the game for us with 2 fantastic performances in a 4-1 win.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 18:48:34 »

I'm told a certain Firoz Kassam will also be presented pre match.  Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 18:59:32 »

I'm told a certain Firoz Kassam will also be presented pre match.  Hmmm

Is he our pick ? Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, October 1, 2015, 19:03:53 »

Beauchamp's a funny one.  Became a popular 'hate' figure very quickly after heading back to Oxford.  But he never was for me.

Probably because he is first player many think of when they of the Scum players. Coupled with him leaving from us straight to them. A real pantomime villain.

He had ability. That's as good a praise as he'll get from me.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: