Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Match Day Thread - Crewe Alex v Swindon Town  (Read 25247 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:05:40 »

Wow - how satisfactory was that - came back from a goal down with a makeshift side, a goal for the young lad and a goal a piece for our debutant strikers.

GTFI... Too Cool Pint Clap Woot Jumping
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:06:30 »

3 surely

Depends if you count the second coming of Ajose as a debut..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:07:25 »

Tom Smith made his debut against Preston last season.

Oh yeah, and that!
Panda Paws

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:09:45 »

Sounds like Barry did well and will be useful, rather than just another Agombar as has been claimed. Great result with 8 missing. 6th at this stage is more than satisfactory, now time to kick on with all the boys coming back.

Should also not under value how poor a start some if the 'big' boys have had. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:10:21 »

When I saw Smith on GSS, I thought must be some mistake, we've sold him.

I think a lot of credit has to go to Cooper, could have got very negative about injuries/ call ups etc, but has got on with it and been repaid. Sweet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:15:48 »

Sounds like Barry did well and will be useful, rather than just another Agombar as has been claimed.

Happy to be wrong about him. He was terrible in pre-season - sounded quite steady today.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:20:12 »

Sam hasn't rated anyone particularly well bar branco, so sounds like we ground it out. A good sign.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:22:46 »

Branco unbeaten as Captain - as am I as match day thread starter  Wink
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:40:08 »

Well a little humble pie to be eaten by me. Great start for our new recruits.  Eat
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:45:13 »

Depends if you count the second coming of Ajose as a debut..

For the God squad amogst us, more like a second coming.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 18:30:25 by Red and Proud » Logged
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 16:46:18 »

Just see the goals on SSN . Cracking, all 3 of them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 18:07:08 »

Already this season we've used 22 players in league games, got to be some sort of record.
Stevens

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 18:20:16 »

When I saw Smith on GSS, I thought must be some mistake, we've sold him.

I think a lot of credit has to go to Cooper, could have got very negative about injuries/ call ups etc, but has got on with it and been repaid. Sweet.

I have to agree 100% with you. Great stuff Coops

cib

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 18:40:43 »

Quality of finishing was the difference between the sides today. Although not necessarily clinical each of Thomas and Ajose took their goals well today. Very good finishes.

My first look at the side this season but thought it was an excellent result given our list of players missing. Impressed with Vigouroux, Branco, Turnbull, Traore (despite being sloppy on the ball), Robert and the two strikers, although clearly short of match fitness. Brophy looked out of his depth 1st half but improved 2nd, meanwhile Barry was the opposite in each half.

Cooper deserves credit for changing shape a little second half, seemed to change it to 4-3-1-2 and let Ajose/Thomas play up top with Robert in behind. It opened the game up but made us a little more threatening with two options to hit up top.

Very satisfying.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, September 5, 2015, 18:44:52 »

Sounds like Barry did well and will be useful, rather than just another Agombar as has been claimed. Great result with 8 missing. 6th at this stage is more than satisfactory, now time to kick on with all the boys coming back.

Should also not under value how poor a start some if the 'big' boys have had. 

Unfortunately Barry looked well out of his depth with the ball at his feet, made a couple of terrible passes early doors and needed a lot of help from Rodgers. Looked good in the tackle though.

Was an odd game, could have been a couple behind at half time were it not for some decent keeping and poor finishing, the first half was pretty pedestrian and frustrating at times. Up until the Ajose open goal incident where he put it wide after their keeper and defender took each other out about 40 yards out they had much the better chances and it looked like it wouldn't be our day.

And so it seemed when Ajose conspired to run the ball from inside their half to pretty much our own 18 yard box before giving the ball away before a cracking finish from their guy.

But fair play to all involved, we hit straight back with a similar rifle of a shot from young Smith and we looked like a different side after that. It took us until about the 75th minute before we actually started using the width of the pitch and trying to set Ajose off down the flanks. The Thomas goal was a lovely little move and a great finish from an almost horizontal position and the goal in the end from Ajose was a thing of beauty.

Thier fans will feel a little hard done to and the scoreline flattered us in the end but that doesn't matter now.

Special mentions to Traore who mopped everything up in midfield, Branco who gave a proper assured captains performance at the back and Robert who looks like a class act at this level. Also Brophy on the left had a lovely touch and should have been utilised more.

Looking forward to Barnsley next week!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: