Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Starting 11  (Read 12590 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 10:19:13 »

He did look good, but his movements were very unnatural, restricting the movements of those ahead of him. It takes time on the training ground etc to work those set plays, rotations, where to move to in each different phase of a move....

Plus he's a fucking good CB. Our best one by a mile.

He probably wouldn't be happy about being shoved out to full-back either, having made the decision to rejoin us for the year.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 10:22:50 »

Which is still a massive step up from part time

Where was he tier 9? That's like me getting off my drunken ass and turning out for Sutton Utd tomorrow, and that wouldn't go well!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 10:36:15 »

Yeah level 9.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 12:38:47 »

Is Thompson really un-droppable though, it's about competition for places if he's not fit and someone comes in does well in his position then I'd bench him on his return to fitness due to the other player in his position doing well - competition for places shows nobody is un-droppable.

Sir Pissalot

« Reply #49 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 13:02:01 »

Is Thompson really un-droppable though, it's about competition for places if he's not fit and someone comes in does well in his position then I'd bench him on his return to fitness due to the other player in his position doing well - competition for places shows nobody is un-droppable.

He certainly isn't "un-droppable" in my book.  He may be Team Captain and 'one of our own' but he should earn his shirt on merit, just like the others.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 22:21:01 »

But he is hands down our best right back.
EldeneRed

« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 22:29:28 »

The tables have turned, we now have so many class players that it's hard to fit them into the squad. 70th minute subs and "Plan Bs" look like they will have impact now.

As long as the team gel well and the training goes smoothly I can see us going up, we seem to have a player for all occasions.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: