Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Starting 11  (Read 12585 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 3, 2015, 19:35:35 »

You see, again another example of how Power plays real football manager in the way that I play 'FM'.

I end up hoping for suspensions and injuries (not painful) because then I would get to leave players out of the team without pissing them off, and getting to play other deserving players instead.

Genius.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 3, 2015, 19:35:59 »

Good job Coops has to pick the team, as we cant decide..
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, September 3, 2015, 19:37:54 »

Anyone who went on Saturday would never choose to play Turnbull at LB. great CB, but intricacies of a full back are not easy to learn.
I thought he did ok.

Any idea if Brophy looked good enough to challenge for the LB slot? From what I've seen of BOO (only one game) LB is still up for grabs.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, September 3, 2015, 19:38:29 »

Good job Coops has to pick the team, as we cant decide..

That's why he's paid the big bucks Smiley

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, September 3, 2015, 19:50:38 »

I've only seen two games so far, but the following would be my first picks:

GK: Vigaroux

CBs: Turbull & Branco

MF: Traore

CF: Thomas (based on him being Smith's replacement)

The others have done nothing wrong, although BOO looked limited v Vale, but there are now plenty of options for the other positions.
Barry Scott

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, September 3, 2015, 19:51:32 »

You see, again another example of how Power plays real football manager in the way that I play 'FM'.

I end up hoping for suspensions and injuries (not painful) because then I would get to leave players out of the team without pissing them off, and getting to play other deserving players instead.

Genius.

Same. At one point in my FM team I had 4 "World Class Strikers" and they were in the top 6 most expensive players in the game. It was tough accommodating that much brilliance. Smiley

Good job Willliams and Standing have to pick the team, as we cant decide..

ftfy
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, September 3, 2015, 20:54:06 »

As a side note, I often wonder whilst playing FM what the TEF would be saying as I do certain things like sell off top players because they get too big for their boots or refuse contracts because I do not pay over 30k a week to anybody, or insist on the club building new facilities at the expense of my transfer budget. Or pettily insult Jose Mourihnio for no other reason than it makes me happy

I imagine I would probably be burnt in effigy in real life.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 06:28:12 »

I thought he did ok.
I agree. I thought Turnbull was very sound at least in the first two thirds of the pitch, linking up effectively with Stewart, with some great passing, and always making himself available to get things moving down that side. What he didn't have was the subtlety of a classic wing back in the final third - and i didn't see that in Stewart either....so there was little incisive attack from the left.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 06:38:23 »

I thought he did ok.

Any idea if Brophy looked good enough to challenge for the LB slot? From what I've seen of BOO (only one game) LB is still up for grabs.

I went tuesday and given time Brophy could challenge, very raw at the moment mind
Panda Paws

« Reply #39 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 07:53:35 »

I am working on the basis that three of the back four are undroppable - Thompson (captain), Turnbull (player of season 14/15) and Williams (excellent so far).

That leaves Branco, who shouldn't really be left out based on his current displays.

Makes no difference. Pick the best team, not the best 11 players.
Panda Paws

« Reply #40 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 07:55:18 »

I agree. I thought Turnbull was very sound at least in the first two thirds of the pitch, linking up effectively with Stewart, with some great passing, and always making himself available to get things moving down that side. What he didn't have was the subtlety of a classic wing back in the final third - and i didn't see that in Stewart either....so there was little incisive attack from the left.

Yep, did ok. Completely wasted there though. An emergency measure, sure.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 08:36:11 »

I thought he was better in defence and did more going forward than BOO has so far this year. Probably just a confidence issue, as BOO can beat his man when he wants to and deliver a good cross, but too keen to play it safe in the early stages of his Swindon career.
Panda Paws

« Reply #42 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 08:48:11 »

He did look good, but his movements were very unnatural, restricting the movements of those ahead of him. It takes time on the training ground etc to work those set plays, rotations, where to move to in each different phase of a move....

Plus he's a fucking good CB. Our best one by a mile.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 09:19:20 »

I thought Brophy defensively was poor the other night, kept being wrong side of his man and kept getting skinned. Was pretty good going forward to be far but remember he was playing against bottom of the football league ..
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #44 on: Friday, September 4, 2015, 09:26:09 »

I thought Brophy defensively was poor the other night, kept being wrong side of his man and kept getting skinned. Was pretty good going forward to be far but remember he was playing against bottom of the football league ..

Which is still a massive step up from part time
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: