Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worrying about where the money has gone and stuff is in here.  (Read 19387 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 18:25:02 »

You're right everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just got fed up of you rehashing things without relating to the full facts. So i apologise If i came across as too aggressive. But it's always best to read back before commenting too strongly either way, as someone grumpier than me, will take umbrage!
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 18:26:37 »

Just out of interest do you look like your profile picture and sit in the Drs
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 18:29:28 »

Hi Suttonred. I'm still sceptical as you can't say powers has been whiter than white in the past. So by saying I don't fully trust him I think is sensible and also a view shared by many. Everyone thought jed was the bee's knees and look how that turned out.

Powers done well with the transfers and he certainly has got good contacts and an eye for talent.

Just because I share a view that is not shared by all and in some cases a less than a  well informed view it does not warrant the abuse that some shared on these forums towards me.

I am a relatively new supporter to swindon after deciding to support my local team instead of the premiership which I have very much fallen out of love with.

We all support the same team and want them to do well.

Good on you for supporting your local team. One of the differences to the (top end) Prem is having to get used to selling your assets to fund the future. Once you've seen a decades' worth of unsaleable players come and go, you'll understand the enthusiasm of some on here when we're paid millions to dismantle our team. We've literally never had such a valuable squad - Prem included. It really is a very different game, and quite exciting for the relatively few who understand it.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 18:32:00 »

One of the differences to the (top end) Prem is having to get used to selling your assets to fund the future. Once you've seen a decades' worth of unsaleable players come and go, you'll understand the enthusiasm of some on here when we're paid millions to dismantle our team. We've literally never had such a valuable squad

That makes a lot of sense
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 18:36:42 »

group hug
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 19:13:37 »

Just because I share a view that is not shared by all and in some cases a less than a  well informed view it does not warrant the abuse that some shared on these forums towards me.

You'll get used to it if you hang around. Trick is to realise that the abuse is not aimed so much at you, but at what you're saying. Therefore it is always easy to counter if you have a well reasoned argument...if you haven't then acept it, none of us are always right.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 19:14:41 »

If you're not in the clique you are fucked.

Anyone for a BBQ?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 19:25:08 »

Everyone thought jed was the bee's knees and look how that turned out.

Did everyone think Jed was the bees knees, I think it was more that people got a little tired of the constant carping about Jed with limited evidence and suggested that perhaps waiting and seeing - much as with Power now, although at least Power has put his money where his mouth is and seems to have a clue about football.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 19:31:18 »

Might have to spell it out Sippo, in yellow paint.

I think you might
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 19:33:29 »

Just out of interest do you look like your profile picture and sit in the Drs

Normally TE or Arkells. 8Ace is better looking than me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 19:40:06 »

Did everyone think Jed was the bees knees,

There were a few of us who pointed out that there were many ways of extracting a few quid from an FC, without perhaps having a plan to sell the ground for housing etc.

Many others though were enchanted by a chairman who'd buy them a beer and have a bit of banter on Twitter.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 19:40:36 »

Did everyone think Jed was the bees knees,
Most definitely not. The unveiling of the 'consortium' in their cheap, multi-purchase red ties, especially the Lincolnshire B&B magnate (I swear he was wearing his 80s spandex rock hot pants under his suit), certainly added to the spivvyness of it all.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 19:45:40 »

He was good at PR, but shit at everything else.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 19:54:58 »

Jed was very good in having a pint, and talking total BS.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 20:58:22 »

Given time jet would have been worse for us then diamond Mike,  If anyone didn't see that then they are extremely gullible. Embargo because of a debt from the 50s?? Jet was pates idea of credible owner. Power in comparison is a huge calming breath of fresh air
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: