Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worrying about where the money has gone and stuff is in here.  (Read 19393 times)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:01:34 »

So that automatically means we should I guess, who gives a shit if we're spending 100K on a pile of shit so long as it's being spent now and not going toward what could be a more successful team of the future.  I want to win now at all costs!!

I truly hope Power puts together a strong foundation for progress over a number of years so we have the infrastructure to build a successful club for the future, if that means waiting a couple of seasons then so be it. 

I say this more to be able to rub the noses of the countless short sighted, impatient clowns than my desire to see us succeed.

Oh grow up you fucking baby.. where did I say I wanted us to spend £100k on a pile of shite?

Paragraph 3 is nonsense.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:14:17 »

Oh grow up you fucking baby.. where did I say I wanted us to spend £100k on a pile of shite?

Paragraph 3 is nonsense.

Oh the hypocrisy...

I just fail to see why we should expect money to be spent just because we've had money come in especially when we've not too long ago spent the 4th highest fee we ever paid for a player because he was the RIGHT player.  The right player just isn't available all of the time is he?  Why spend just because you can?  I can afford a £200 bottle of whiskey if I want but but it doesn't mean I should go out and get one.

How is it nonsense?  Been people ramming down our throats so much drivel recently despite all the noises coming out of the club about where the money is going.  Some of us are just fed up with it, and I know I'm not alone in the way I feel about it.  Do you really not look beyond the current season at what might be achieved more long term?

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:25:12 »

I can afford a £200 bottle of whiskey if I want but but it doesn't mean I should go out and get one.
ahem, you can get me one instead?!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:32:03 »

Oh the hypocrisy...

I just fail to see why we should expect money to be spent just because we've had money come in especially when we've not too long ago spent the 4th highest fee we ever paid for a player because he was the RIGHT player.  The right player just isn't available all of the time is he?  Why spend just because you can?  I can afford a £200 bottle of whiskey if I want but but it doesn't mean I should go out and get one.

How is it nonsense?  Been people ramming down our throats so much drivel recently despite all the noises coming out of the club about where the money is going.  Some of us are just fed up with it, and I know I'm not alone in the way I feel about it.  Do you really not look beyond the current season at what might be achieved more long term?

We had plenty of time to find the "right player"..

Re the nonsense comment - You just worded it badly, but I take your point. The other side of the coin, in my view, is that this should at least be open for debate.  We only have 2 outfield players on our bench tonight and one of them is 17. I expected us to spend more than £55k on players to strengthen the squad, can't see how that's unreasonable. I must be a "mong".

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:32:21 »

ok, you have the bottle, I'll keep the contents

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:40:17 »

We had plenty of time to find the "right player"..

Re the nonsense comment - You just worded it badly, but I take your point. The other side of the coin, in my view, is that this should at least be open for debate.  We only have 2 outfield players on our bench tonight and one of them is 17. I expected us to spend more than £55k on players to strengthen the squad, can't see how that's unreasonable. I must be a "mong".

And if we didn't find the right player then he must not have been available.

I don't use the word mong, I don't like others using it either to be honest.  I'm just naturally a very patient person, I've got, touch wood, another 40 odd years of following Town ahead of me and if we can build to be better in the majority of those to the detriment of a couple for now then I can wait for it.  I got to breaking point over seeing the same thing written over and over day after day though.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:44:00 »

I did like Power's comment that when the injured/internationals are back we've got too many players!
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:46:58 »

I did like Power's comment that when the injured/internationals are back we've got too many players!

Well, he does have a point.

Skinny Pete

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:47:14 »

Quite
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:49:25 »

Arkwrights in Higworth is the place.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:49:29 »

What money???!!  
Skinny Pete

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:50:21 »

Dunno. Some cunt's nicked it apparently
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:51:59 »

And me good chap, i may even sharea tipple with you  Beers
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 18:53:49 »

Dunno. Some cunt's nicked it apparently
Thieving cunts i say
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 19:04:32 »

Thieving cunts i say
And they were seen driving around in new Mercs!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: