Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worrying about where the money has gone and stuff is in here.  (Read 19102 times)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:24:20 »

Ambition i.e spending money you don't have in the hope it pays off?

We do have money though
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:27:12 »

We do have money though

Where from? You mean the £500,000 from Byrne which will be paid in instalments over the next 3 years?
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:28:52 »

No it was the right time to sell Byrne even though he was decent. It's been reported that we got 3.5 for luongo and gladwin, 1m reportedly for Byrne. Even if we have half that money I can't see where it has gone. If it's covered losses then something is wrong. I'd imagine the Eddie money might be being used for the training ground. So again I can't see where any of the money has gone. It could be earmarked for something else later but we are not seeing anything yet.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:29:15 »

Got to say all this about stage payments for players cuts both ways.

Anybody we bought would also be paid for over time
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:31:31 »

The only thing I can think of is a vague memory of a 4m loan that was needing to be paid back to black at some point. Maybe power has one eye on this if this is correct.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:31:51 »

No it was the right time to sell Byrne even though he was decent. It's been reported that we got 3.5 for luongo and gladwin, 1m reportedly for Byrne. Even if we have half that money I can't see where it has gone. If it's covered losses then something is wrong. I'd imagine the Eddie money might be being used for the training ground. So again I can't see where any of the money has gone. It could be earmarked for something else later but we are not seeing anything yet.
I imagine Power has, quite rightly, paid himself back for the amount he put in. The Eadie money is maybe half of what is needed for a bespoke training complex.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:31:58 »

When you sell a player, the full amount doesn't instantly go to the selling club. Transfer fees are paid in instalments over the length of the players contract. We would have received very little of the Gladwin/Mas money thus far.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:32:21 »

You know the mong count is up when Audrey is the voice of reason
Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:32:48 »

Was going to reply, can't be bothered. Posted pointless reply anyway.

EDIT: Sorry Flashheart you're right.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:33:02 »

Didnt we also get around £1 million for playoffs/wembley ?
Recall seeing something of the sort
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:36:24 »

The only thing I can think of is a vague memory of a 4m loan that was needing to be paid back to black at some point. Maybe power has one eye on this if this is correct.
Will you just bore off. It's been done to death where the money is going, read some old threads. It's paid off debts and is going on infrastructure ie the training ground. Power has openly said the next few years are more about infrastructure than on the pitch. Go start your own thread and talk to yourself!
Skinny Pete

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:36:44 »

You know the mong count is up when Audrey is the voice of reason
There appears to be a spurious o in count used above!
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:40:32 »

Where from? You mean the £500,000 from Byrne which will be paid in instalments over the next 3 years?

Oh behave - there's enough money available to spend more than £55k on transfers and you know it.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:41:21 »

For some its not a question of forgetting what he said. It's whether they believe him or not
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 17:48:51 »

Oh behave - there's enough money available to spend more than £55k on transfers and you know it.

So that automatically means we should I guess, who gives a shit if we're spending 100K on a pile of shit so long as it's being spent now and not going toward what could be a more successful team of the future.  I want to win now at all costs!!

I truly hope Power puts together a strong foundation for progress over a number of years so we have the infrastructure to build a successful club for the future, if that means waiting a couple of seasons then so be it. 

I say this more to be able to rub the noses of the countless short sighted, impatient clowns than my desire to see us succeed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: