Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21801 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 08:42:02 »

Good man Darlo! My son's only 2 (3 next month) so he won't really remember it, but I was an annoying tourist type yesterday taking a load of photo's and 'videos' of the day. He even got a photo with SSP.

My boy is 5 in November and absolutely loved it.

I did the same thing, he had a picture with Will Randall which he was really pleased with. He wants to go again today.. Haha

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 08:53:16 »

Spot on as I understand it. My guess is he's probably selling the big issue near Sainsbury's in Brixton as we type.

Yep, if he's turned up of course.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 09:16:56 »

if it's not sunk in by now that ranger is the biggest waste of space going, it never will.

he's not going to change, he's a fruit and nut case
Skinny Pete

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 09:19:03 »

Yep, and his wage is rumoured to only be £150 as the rest of his money was based on appearances or something like that.
Way out of our wage structure, then!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 09:24:39 »

if it's not sunk in by now that ranger is the biggest waste of space going, it never will.

he's not going to change, he's a fruit and nut case
I know - I'm just saying that I think he could be capable of not acting like a nut job for a month, but I wouldn't give him any more than that. I don't suppose for a minute that it will happen, it's just an interesting idea.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 09:26:44 »

not even worth the months hassle. you'd need a 24/7 babysitter. he took us for mugs last time, just like every club he's been at. he's disruptive.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 09:36:21 »

I think United gave us far too much respect in the first half and when they stepped up a gear we dropped several gears.
We work so hard to literally stand still. A team that won't attack and a team that can't defend.
My only surprise is that we didn't concede more. (I did predict a 3 p defeat before the ko)
A sign of the general apathy for the Town is this thread is only up to page seven. The one positive note is the attendance at games is bearing up.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 09:58:12 »

Not sure if it was just me but the atmosphere yesterday was probably the worst in a long time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 10:29:24 »

Cooper's post match interview on Radio Wilts was interesting. You could tell he was frustrated by the current personnel shortage. Offered the interviewer (who does the match commentary and whose style I like) a game if he brought his boots to Newport. When they talked about Pulis' comments about the transfer window ending earlier Cooper agreed, and sounded pretty resigned to the fact he was going to lose personell even after the season had started.

I do think this current situation qualifies as an injury crisis. If we lose Byrne on top with nobody to replace him we are going to be screwed.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 10:39:56 »

What's the point in worrying about that until Wednesday? Have a stress free couple of days!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 10:43:49 »

What's the point in worrying about that until Wednesday? Have a stress free couple of days!

Agreed. If after the transfer window closes we are Byrne and Smith down and nobody in, I'll start to worry. That said, I suspect we'll still be making use of the loan market more than bringing in any permanent faces.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #101 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 10:54:42 »

Although the transfer window closes 6pm Tuesday, the loan window re-opens almost immediately.

I know our wriggle room regarding loans is tight, but it's still there.

You can say what you like about Power but he isn't stupid. Players will come in - not many, but 2-3 I reckon.
Flashheart

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 11:58:30 »

I reckon 2, 3 if Byrne goes.

Some keep banging on about strikers but there's nowt wrong with what we have, except that 2 are injured and another's mind has turned to jelly. We should be able to rely on Smith to put in a decent performance at least, he's good enough. That's just not happening right now.... And then there's HIM, our saviour.

We're effectively 3 first team strikers down at the moment and most teams would struggle with that. The striker 'crisis' is nowt to do with a thin squad but more to do with being bloody unfortunate. Obika should be back soon with Hylton not too far behind, getting in a loan would likely just be a waste.

We clearly need more cover at full back though, and for the wide front/winger positions.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #103 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 12:09:33 »

Striker loan for a month would be OK.

Not sure who we would get for just 4 weeks, though
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 12:14:10 »

Striker loan for a month would be OK.

Not sure who we would get for just 4 weeks, though

Tope Obedayi anyone??

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: