Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21816 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 21:16:07 »

What would lead you to jump to that from him signing a few programmes? You've gone full on Daily Mail there.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 21:20:21 »

What would lead you to jump to that from him signing a few programmes? You've gone full on Daily Mail there.

Ha ha. The way it was written seemed like he stayed out all half-time. Though this was on the fb fans group, so quite possibly drivel. Mainly trying to liven up a dull Sat evening.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 21:24:56 »

He was back out before the team, but only by a minute (ish)
Flashheart

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 21:30:42 »

Though this was on the fb fans group

This is where you went wrong.
deltaincline

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 23:23:07 »

Very even first half today. Unfortunately it went tits after the break though.

I get what others say about Smith, but it's a tough ask playing up front on your own. He's a big unit, but hasn't got the best of first touches, which frustrates the fuck out of a lot of our twat fans and they then get on his case, which makes things worse for him in terms of confidence.

I think we all acknowledge that fact that we need two up top - especially at home, and it's shocking that we haven't brought someone in yet.

Kasim looks fucked if he's doing anything other than passing the ball in the middle of the park. In fact, I thought the whole side tired very quickly in the 2nd half, which worries me this early in the season. Doesn't bode well when we get heavy pitches in the winter.

Power will have new players lined up to come in next week; 1 to replace Byrne and at least 2 who can play up top. My guess is that the Villa / Sherwood connection will be in play.

If we're that short on funds, a decent (if risky) long-shot might be to bring
Nial Ranger in from the cold. I'd take him over Storey any day - despite the baggage.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 00:57:45 »

Bizzare flip of our normal self today. Looked decent at the back but poor up top. Cooper must be frustrated given he has so many players out at present. It was a makeshift defence and a tough ask against probably the best side in the league.

We will be fine though but as mentioned earlier in this thread if Power is serious about promotion he needs a few more bodies in. Even a short term loan up top wouldn't go amiss. Storey was poor and so was Smith. We miss Obika and Hylton a lot.

Positives were at least we matched them for 70 mins. Robert looked good again. Turnball and Stewart did well at full back. Other than than though not much else to be happy about. Rodgers was poor today. His passing was poor and his decision making wasn't much better. Smith had the touch of a rapist and Byrne didn't really seem interested. Big week ahead for us.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 02:00:22 »

The build up play was too slow, which meant the likes of Byrne had 3 players practically marking them out of the game. We lack energy and drive through the middle. Whilst we were more disciplined overall, we didn't have enough movement and creativity to win that one.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 07:33:20 »

If we're that short on funds, a decent (if risky) long-shot might be to bring
Nial Ranger in from the cold. I'd take him over Storey any day - despite the baggage.

I actually like that idea. I think Ranger is desperate to play and for that reason would actually behave himself for, say, a month.  Any longer than that and he will start kicking security doors in again and breaking exclusion orders but for a month's loan or short term contract (I can't remember if he has a Club currently?)...it may just work  Hmmm
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 07:34:54 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 07:40:00 »

Ranger is in contract dispute with Blackpool still isn't he? Think they're giving him a taste of his own medicine. Not that it's likely to happen anyway.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 08:01:15 »

First match of the season for me, first match ever for my son (£2 for under 11's btw, which is very reasonable).

I thought we played pretty well, looked dangerous, and a class apart in terms of playing the game, first hour anyway. Traore looks v good, Branco was good too, as were JT and Williams.

Better than I expected, though the result didn't surprise me.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 08:09:17 »

First match of the season for me, first match ever for my son (£2 for under 11's btw, which is very reasonable).

I thought we played pretty well, looked dangerous, and a class apart in terms of playing the game, first hour anyway. Traore looks v good, Branco was good too, as were JT and Williams.

Better than I expected, though the result didn't surprise me.

Pretty much the same as me... Even on the level that it was my first game of the season and my sons first game ever..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 08:18:06 »

Good man Darlo! My son's only 2 (3 next month) so he won't really remember it, but I was an annoying tourist type yesterday taking a load of photo's and 'videos' of the day. He even got a photo with SSP.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 08:26:17 »

Ranger is in contract dispute with Blackpool still isn't he? Think they're giving him a taste of his own medicine. Not that it's likely to happen anyway.

They activated a years option on his contract, then waited for him to turn up to training (2 weeks late) then sent him home, so he's currently contracted for 1 more year, but wont be playing.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 08:31:04 »

They activated a years option on his contract, then waited for him to turn up to training (2 weeks late) then sent him home, so he's currently contracted for 1 more year, but wont be playing.

Yep, and his wage is rumoured to only be £150 as the rest of his money was based on appearances or something like that.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 08:35:34 »

Spot on as I understand it. My guess is he's probably selling the big issue near Sainsbury's in Brixton as we type.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: