Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United this weekend..  (Read 18693 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, August 28, 2015, 17:37:30 »

Every Club has a fair proportion of fans who are utter dicks.

Every Club (and I mean EVERY Club) also have a very good proportion who are pretty good blokes.

Strip away the testosterone/Stella fuelled match day dick waving rubbish and sit down with them one to one and we're all pretty much the same really.

Millwall ?
Cardiff ?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 28, 2015, 20:25:38 »

Millwall ?
Cardiff ?
Yes, of course.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 28, 2015, 20:48:40 »

I know loads of nice Millwall fans.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 00:20:30 »

I think anyone with half a brain cell realises every club has dickheads and decent fans. You just go by what you see; maybe you meet the dickheads more or less. It's not genuine hatred, and I think football would lose something without it.

I laugh at Shrewsbury because I've met some truly awful supporters of theirs but that doesn't mean if a decent fan wanted to talk about the game over a pint afterwards I wouldn't relish it.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 04:13:51 »

I think anyone with half a brain cell realises every club has dickheads and decent fans. You just go by what you see; maybe you meet the dickheads more or less. It's not genuine hatred, and I think football would lose something without it.

I laugh at Shrewsbury because I've met some truly awful supporters of theirs but that doesn't mean if a decent fan wanted to talk about the game over a pint afterwards I wouldn't relish it.

Noble sentiments Ells, however, with respect you are less likely to get a good kicking/smack than a bloke. None the less i actually agree woth your comment. Last day in Cyprus so for me i'm out.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 08:08:08 »

I know it's stating the obvious but that doesn't seem to stop people making generalizations about the fans of particular Clubs. For example, there will be Blades fans who 'hate Swindon and their scumbag fans' because of what happened after the P/O game last season when we know it was maybe only a dozen out of several thousand.  It's just a bit silly and is the reason I made the point.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 11:53:52 »

Noble sentiments Ells, however, with respect you are less likely to get a good kicking/smack than a bloke. None the less i actually agree woth your comment. Last day in Cyprus so for me i'm out.

I get a different kind of harassment!

Sorry OST, I knew what you meant, I wasn't suggesting you were in the half a brain cell set Cheesy I was just pointing out while it is silly to make these generalisations I think a fair few people make them in a not-to-be-taken-too-seriously way. After all, none of us genuinely think every single Oxford fan is a stinking inbred idiot do we? Okay bad example..

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 12:12:10 »

Sorry OST, I knew what you meant, I wasn't suggesting you were in the half a brain cell set Cheesy I was just pointing out while it is silly to make these generalisations I think a fair few people make them in a not-to-be-taken-too-seriously way. After all, none of us genuinely think every single Oxford fan is a stinking inbred idiot do we? Okay bad example..

We all have more in common with an Oxford fan than a Chelsea fan.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 12:45:55 »

We also technically share about 50% of our DNA with a banana, to be fair.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 13:24:16 »

We also technically share about 50% of our DNA with a banana, to be fair.

Some oxford players have more than 50% of banana dna...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 13:39:44 »

Some oxford players have more than 50% of banana dna...

Cheesy I was trying to think of a way to work that in there (the joke, not a banana.) good work

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 21:34:59 »

Sorry OST, I knew what you meant,I wasn't suggesting you were in the half a brain cell set Cheesy  I was just pointing out while it is silly to make these generalisations I think a fair few people make them in a not-to-be-taken-too-seriously way. After all, none of us genuinely think every single Oxford fan is a stinking inbred idiot do we? Okay bad example..
No offence taken I can assure you  Wink

I know what you are saying there Red Frog and I don't disagree with it but at the same time, you've unintentionally made one of those generalizations I'm talking about - We think of a 'Chelsea Fan' and we think of a member of the 'armchair generation'. It's frightening to think that there is a whole generation of football fans (23 years we are constantly being reminded of by the latest billboard campaign) who never knew life before the Premier League. These days it would seem that you choose your team almost as if you are selecting it from a Freemans Catalogue. So we now have young men claiming to be (quite justifiably in their minds) 'life long' Chelsea fans when they've not come within - literally - 100 miles of London SW6. Howewer, there are a hell of a lot of 'proper' Chelsea fans who can answer the question 'Where were you when you were shit?' by saying 'I was at the Bridge, mother fucker, fuck you!'...they go back to the days of Bobby Tambling or Kerry Dixon or Peter Osgood or Ron Harris etc. It's in their blood and I'm sure they hate the 'Sky Generation' as much as we do.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, August 29, 2015, 21:41:14 »

I know what you are saying there Red Frog and I don't disagree with it but at the same time, you've unintentionally made one of those generalizations I'm talking about - We think of a 'Chelsea Fan' and we think of a member of the 'armchair generation'. It's frightening to think that there is a whole generation of football fans (23 years we are constantly being reminded of by the latest billboard campaign) who never knew life before the Premier League. These days it would seem that you choose your team almost as if you are selecting it from a Freemans Catalogue. So we now have young men claiming to be (quite justifiably in their minds) 'life long' Chelsea fans when they've not come within - literally - 100 miles of London SW6. Howewer, there are a hell of a lot of 'proper' Chelsea fans who can answer the question 'Where were you when you were shit?' by saying 'I was at the Bridge, mother fucker, fuck you!'...they go back to the days of Bobby Tambling or Kerry Dixon or Peter Osgood or Ron Harris etc. It's in their blood and I'm sure they hate the 'Sky Generation' as much as we do.
I was walking past East Putney station about 6pm this evening and a mass of glum looking Chelsea fans were plodding out and without knowing the result, you could tell they'd lost because any football fan can recognise that feeling.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 06:15:48 »

No offence taken I can assure you  Wink

Yep I agree. I was only really thinking that I instinctively have more time for anyone who stays committed to an unfashionable local team than one who, by choice or otherwise, sucks up the tsunami of PL bullshit. Also intended as a provocation to the baser element of tribalism which blindly hates anything Scum. I worked regularly in Oxford for 25 years know plenty of decent OUFC fans (obviously).

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #59 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 07:48:00 »

Yep I agree. I was only really thinking that I instinctively have more time for anyone who stays committed to an unfashionable local team than one who, by choice or otherwise, sucks up the tsunami of PL bullshit. Also intended as a provocation to the baser element of tribalism which blindly hates anything Scum. I worked regularly in Oxford for 25 years know plenty of decent OUFC fans (obviously).

So if Swindon inherited a Russian billionaire and made the big time you'd sack it off and support Supermarine?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: