Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The ressie/development games thread.  (Read 10928 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 17:00:53 »

I suspect as a striker 9 goals in 66 games may well be the reason there is little interest....

Good old stats. How many starts up front (not on the wing) in that 66?

Fwiw I'm not convinced he'll be good enough if we want to be challenging but we hardly have strikers queuing up for places in our team at the moment.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 17:09:23 »

Other than pace, I fail to see what the people defending him have seen that I've missed.. He clearly has some talent but I just can't see him getting a team above League 2.

You make him sound like Eric Sabin or Alan O'Brien. He's got a bit more ability than just pace.

Biggest problem for me is consistency. Looked one of our better players in a few of the away games under Di Canio, but never managed to kick on. Still only 21, and think he'll do okay for a League One/ Two side one day.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 17:55:34 »

O'Brien wasn't that bad in theory. Was never given a real chance, and was a fans scapegoat.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 17:58:17 »

O'Brien wasn't that bad in theory. Was never given a real chance, and was a fans scapegoat.

Fishing.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:01:24 »

Didn't we have this sort of discussion about Billy Bodin?

Scored 1 worldy and he was going to be the next big thing
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:02:25 »

[Moved]

Miles Storey played more first team games for Swindon than George Barker did in his entire Town career and Storey spent the whole of one season elsewhere on loan.

Barker was just a sub filler, just as Storey was on Tuesday night.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:05:28 »

You make him sound like Eric Sabin or Alan O'Brien. He's got a bit more ability than just pace.

Biggest problem for me is consistency. Looked one of our better players in a few of the away games under Di Canio, but never managed to kick on. Still only 21, and think he'll do okay for a League One/ Two side one day.

Possibly the best youtube compilation I've seen. Sign him up.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:08:07 »

Take away those goals against Villa and you aren't left with too much.

Don't think Alan O'Brien was ever really a scapegoat, he just wasn't as much of a threat as he should have been.  It was frustrating because he could tear the fullback a new hole when in the mood. One performance at Franchise I remember him looking like a world beater
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:08:58 »

To be fair all of those were pretty good finishes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:09:33 »

To be fair all of those were pretty good finishes.

He likes to dink it to the far post doesn't he.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:12:01 »

Don't think Alan O'Brien was ever really a scapegoat, he was just shit but could run fast

Totally agree.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:12:46 »

Might just as well rename it The Miles Storey thread.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:19:11 »

Take away those goals against Villa and you aren't left with too much.

Don't think Alan O'Brien was ever really a scapegoat, he just wasn't as much of a threat as he should have been.  It was frustrating because he could tear the fullback a new hole when in the mood. One performance at Franchise I remember him looking like a world beater
I remember the home game against Exeter, was the game after Austin had left. We moved Ritchie up front in place of Austin & played AOB on the left in place of Ritchie. He was fucking terrific that day & went off to a standing ovation. Never hit those heights again unfortunately which was a shame cos I always thought he might come good, pace being such an asset in the modern game.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:25:26 »

I remember the home game against Exeter, was the game after Austin had left. We moved Ritchie up front in place of Austin & played AOB on the left in place of Ritchie. He was fucking terrific that day & went off to a standing ovation. Never hit those heights again unfortunately which was a shame cos I always thought he might come good, pace being such an asset in the modern game.

O'Brien was possessed that day. He absolutely terrorised Exeter. On other days, not so much.
Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 18:38:10 »

I remember they had an exercise bike next to the dugout once so he could try to warm his hamstrings up to help avoid injury.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: